mistake withdraw 2000B from 800000B

Today I am stupidly mistake withdraw 2000b from saving account, therefore it fall under 800000b, I did immediately deposit back 2000b in one hour later, now balance is over 800000b. I will go to retirement extension next week. Will it accepted by immigration?

Of course you keep a lot over 800K in it if being used for spending!

Three months spending, that is.

But stuff happens and it can get close going towards the time of application depending on how much over is in it.

Like if you've got 12K over and you spazz out and press for a 20K withdrawal. Ooops!

Two accounts....DEFINATELY the way to go.

But stuff happens and it can get close going towards the time of application depending on how much over is in it.

Like if you've got 12K over and you spazz out and press for a 20K withdrawal. Ooops!

If you say so.

It's not really necessary though.

I've been paranoid but no mess ups as yet.

If you say so.

It's not really necessary though.

I've been paranoid but no mess ups as yet.

Yes brother, but most other people are mere mortals :P

• Like 2

Many people including me spend off that account during the year and top it up as needed. During the seasoning period, it needs to be watched carefully.

If possible, during the seasoning period it would be a good idea to keep a bit over the 800k if you don't have a separate account.

Most of us (I think) take out a 'usual withdrawal' from the ATM when we visit. For example, I normally just take 5,000, I rarely need more than that. If the balance was kept at 810k, any subsequent slip up would avoid certain self administered uppercuts.

The best idea is two completely separate accounts and leave the other ATM card well clear of ones wallet.

Why even have an ATM card for the visa extension money? Don't have = one less thing to go wrong.

• Like 2

Happened to a friend here in Udon Thani a few years ago. His wife withdrew funds from the wrong account, it was a few days before the mistake was found and corrected.

Bottom line, the Immigration office gave him an interim extension to cover the additional time required to gain the three month requirement. No big deal other than to cost him an additional 1900 baht.

• Like 1

Happened to a friend here in Udon Thani a few years ago. His wife withdrew funds from the wrong account, it was a few days before the mistake was found and corrected.

Bottom line, the Immigration office gave him an interim extension to cover the additional time required to gain the three month requirement. No big deal other than to cost him an additional 1900 baht.

That would have been a 60 day extension to visit his Thai wife, and it wouldn't work for the OP as he is here on a retirement extension and (probably) doesn't have a Thai wife.

To the OP: Is this your only account? If you have another account with a few thousand Baht in it, you could apply using both accounts.

Sophon

• Like 1

That would have been a 60 day extension to visit his Thai wife, and it wouldn't work for the OP as he is here on a retirement extension and (probably) doesn't have a Thai wife.

To the OP: Is this your only account? If you have another account with a few thousand Baht in it, you could apply using both accounts.

Sophon

No, the guy has been here on a retirement extension for some 15 years. They gave him a supplementary retirement visa similar to the extension for marriage visa where it can take up to 2 months to get approved.

Sophon

No, the guy has been here on a retirement extension for some 15 years. They gave him a supplementary retirement visa similar to the extension for marriage visa where it can take up to 2 months to get approved.

They can give him the "wife extension" 60 days even if he is here on a retirement extension (assuming , of course, that his wife is Thai). There are no other extension they can give him when here on an retirement extension other than the 7 day "refused extension" to pack up and get out of Thailand.

If they really gave him an under consideration stamp to get his funds seasoned, that would be something new and definitely not something you can count on happening. There have been many reports here on TV about people having messed up the seasoning requirement, and having to start over again with a new visa. It would be interesting if you could post a photo/scan of the stamp he got, but I realize that might not be possible (since it's not your passport).

Sophon

Many people including me spend off that account during the year and top it up as needed. During the seasoning period, it needs to be watched carefully.

If possible, during the seasoning period it would be a good idea to keep a bit over the 800k if you don't have a separate account.

Most of us (I think) take out a 'usual withdrawal' from the ATM when we visit. For example, I normally just take 5,000, I rarely need more than that. If the balance was kept at 810k, any subsequent slip up would avoid certain self administered uppercuts.

The best idea is two completely separate accounts and leave the other ATM card well clear of ones wallet.

That is to simple and easy and may require forward thinking and common sense which is not always available from some posters at times.

It is not a problem for me as I use the verified income method.

• Like 2

--------------------

If you have a U.S, Social Security and your monthly Social Security check is direct deposited into Bangkok Bank, then 2 separate accounts is the REQUIRED way to go.

That is not a Bangkok Bank ruling, it is a U.S, Social Security ruling.

They will not allow an ATM/debit card on the account they do a direct deposit to.

The U.S. Social Security requires you must have a 2nd account to transfer funds to for your living expenses and they will only allow a ATM/debit card on that 2nd account.

--------------------

If you have a U.S, Social Security and your monthly Social Security check is direct deposited into Bangkok Bank, then 2 separate accounts is the REQUIRED way to go.

That is not a Bangkok Bank ruling, it is a U.S, Social Security ruling.

They will not allow an ATM/debit card on the account they do a direct deposit to.

The U.S. Social Security requires you must have a 2nd account to transfer funds to for your living expenses and they will only allow a ATM/debit card on that 2nd account.

I learn something every day. :)

Went to retirement extension yesterday. It is alright, got another year extension. As advice from Mario2008, I explain it to the officer that the daily amount was not below 800,000 baht.

Mario 2008, thanks a lotwai.gif

Glad to hear it turned out all right.

That is to simple and easy and may require forward thinking

and common sense which is not always available from some posters at times.

It is not a problem for me as I use the verified income method.

"It is not a problem for me as I use the verified income method."

And don't have a Thai wife.

If you combine the income and bank balance method, at least in theory, you don't need to worry about the seasoning requirement at all ... although I think there have some reports from some offices where they seemed to think the necessary bank balance had to be there for 3 months. But as you say:

....and common sense which is not always available from some posters at times.

...or a correct reporting of what actually happened.

My income affidavit is sufficient, but I always throw in the bank manager's letter and photocopies of passbook as well as back-up documentation of my claim on the US Embassy affidavit. I believe in overkill and so far no hiccups.

Edited by Suradit69

That's something I have been paranoid about.

So it really happens! w00t.gif

They give multiple accounts at Bkk Bank, so easy enough to have a separate bank account just for the visa extension money and keep it separate from account book in current use.

Probably easiest to put it into a fixed term deposit which does not have an ATM card.

As to OP, I heard via Chinese whispers of someone actually having problem as their account went under 800k for a few days, within the 60 day prior period. I would like to think in this circumstance that even if the official notices, it would be explained as an error.

bad idea to have an ATM card attached to the account with 800k in it

a..u mistakenly withdrew money from it

b...card fraud and skimming of ATM accounts is rife and there is no comeback like in the west...with a savings account and no ATM u have to present yourself at the cashiers desk with passport and sign to get money

My 800K is in a fixed term account, no ATM card for that account, that money sits there year after year just for Thai immigration.

I have other accounts for day-to-day stuff and international money transfers.

• Like 1