Russian pressure to catch pick-up driver responsible for Baht Bus crash in Jomtien

webfact

The full article says they have given her 10,000 baht from this tourist fund...a drop in the bucket. If she thinks catching the driver is going to give her any relief or closure I believe she will be sadly disappointed. No matter what the courts say they will never squeeze any money out of a Thai citizen unless he is rich. It's very doubtful this man has any insurance or money. The injured man must have obviously been taken to an expensive private hospital.

Monday night to Thursday morning 3 days 450000 that's 150000 baht a day even expensive for bumrungrad in bangkok to be, not believable somebody scamming here

The private hospital on Sukhumwit by Pattaya Nua is raising prices all the time and they are really getting high.

And as someone else said he may have had surgery, nevertheless I do agree...that is a huge bill for 3 days. However, for me, it isn't a surprise anymore these days.

Edited by oneday

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

i was knocked off my motor bike by a driver of a pick up truck who just came out of a side lane in open view, i suffered a dislocated shoulder, dislocated fingers,cuts and bruises and the bike was a right off,when interviewed at the police station he said i saw him but i thought he was farther away, it cost me over 25,000 bht hospital bills i lost 3 weeks money from school, and he was laughing and joking with the BIB at the police station. Lucky i have krungthai bank hospital insurance, but nothing awarded for loss of earnings or compensation for pain and suffering. They don't care don't give a shit about the highway code and road rules, They are the most stupid and dangerous peoole who i have ever had the displeasure to be on the road with. Red lights mean nothing one way streets mean nothing pedestrian crossings mean nothing railway level crossings mean nothing IN FACT LIFE MEANS NOTHING TO THESE ROAD MANIACS

Very well expressed.

You are 100% correct.

Avoid using mcs as much as possible. Thailand is a close second to the Dominican Republic on the traffic list of most dangerous countries, and mcy drivers account for over 70 percent of the death toll!

In Thailand there are no consequences for Thai drivers. Any fine is a joke, 300-500 baht

at most, regardless of how many people get hurt. There are no consequences of running

away, even if they catch you, it's still 300-500 baht.

Thais do not have a sense of responsibility or honer, it's part of the culture. The police has

little interest to catch the driver, only farang with no power and influence where hurt.

Now that the camera man was there and there is a bit of media attention, they will wiggle

a bit and pretend they are trying to solve the case.

But just like with the Koh Tao circus, nothing will be done ...

Good Luck ladies !

luudee

It is almost laughable to think the driver of the pick-up cannot be found...license plate on the pick-up would be a start...papers in the car-so this crazy driver is now a fugitive and hides out how long before he can walk the streets again? 2 ...3...6 months? He' probably having a Leo right now in his village.

Monday night to Thursday morning 3 days 450000 that's 150000 baht a day even expensive for bumrungrad in bangkok to be, not believable somebody scamming here

Absolutely believable!

Can easily be done by moving into Bangkok Pattaya Hospital (which is the norm for unsuspecting tourists), the no. 1 rip off place in Pattaya.

If you do not have a top class/no questions insurance and enter this place with a small problem\, you will leave it with a big problem.

A friend had a motocycle accident with broken shoulder and shinbone.

Operation with nails etc.: 600'000 Baht.

He was almost broke, had to beg from his children (unable to repay).

Even certain western insurance companies insist on moving away from this place whenever possible.

(the BPH doctors will quickly declare you incapable of transportation whistling.gif on your risk whistling.gif )

Get this poor Russian guy out of there ASAP!

Go to Queen Sirikit in Sattahip e.g.

Edited by KhunBENQ

An international travel insurance would have covered most of the hospital bill. The problem is that Russians can't afford it , they pay for cheap charter flights to get here from Russia and live on a budget . A travel insurance is only 1500 baht for 2 weeks , the most important money you'll ever spend if something bad happens to you on your vacation.

• Like 1

hope the russian embassy can step in and contribute to the medical bill.

Maybe they will........with a bit of luck

But

I very much doubt that the British Embassy would ...........

u mean british embassy is reluctant to help their people in thailand ?

hope the russian embassy can step in and contribute to the medical bill.

Maybe they will........with a bit of luck

But

I very much doubt that the British Embassy would ...........

u mean british embassy is reluctant to help their people in thailand ?

The British Embassy might phone your mum and tell her that you're in a bad way, but that's about it.

I personally don't want my taxes spent on people daft enough not to have travel insurance. The bill would run into tens of millions of pounds every year if they did.