Jump to content

New rules for ED visa


Recommended Posts

to start a post like this I think you really should put your sources etc for this information, who told you the guy on the street?

Agree, Krey.

We have an official letter from Ministry of Education dated yesterday to the contrary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My school.

its not a good enough answer, which school?, is it being applied country wide? Is there an official statement form MOE, is it just your school that is having the issue... different schools and different areas often have different rules as we have seen. I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying your post is to vague and lacks evidence to be applied to all the other schools. If you happen to eventually be correct, well that will seriously suck:)

s

Edited by krey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My school.

its not a good enough answer, which school?, is it being applied country wide? Is there an official statement form MOE, is it just your school that is having the issue... different schools and different areas often have different rules as we have seen. I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying your post is to vague and lacks evidence to be applied to all the other schools. If you happen to eventually be correct, well that will seriously suck:)

s

My school are in Phuket, and today they put a paper from MOE on the wall in Thai and english, you can call to the school and ask them. You think i writhing this for fun..

http://www.phuket-language-school.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My school.

its not a good enough answer, which school?, is it being applied country wide? Is there an official statement form MOE, is it just your school that is having the issue... different schools and different areas often have different rules as we have seen. I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying your post is to vague and lacks evidence to be applied to all the other schools. If you happen to eventually be correct, well that will seriously suck:)

s

My school are in Phuket, and today they put a paper from MOE on the wall in Thai and english, you can call to the school and ask them. You think i writhing this for fun..

http://www.phuket-language-school.com

I was just asking you to state where you got your info and if it was being applied to other schools besides yours, its a legit question. I will wait to here others that hear about this story, my school seems to know nothing about it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, but a school advertising 5 year ED visa on page 1 of their website does not deserve anyone's business.

With your 1-5 year ED visa
* You will not have to leave Thailand to make visa runs for the duration of the visa's validity.
* You will enjoy studying the Thai language and culture in an easy-going class setting at Phuket Language School.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can also confirm this, Phuket now you need to study 2 hours a day minimum monday-friday and maximum length of study was 6 months then you finished can't get any more extensions! source (was down at one of the bigger language school yesterday)

That is quite retarded to believe someone will be fluent in 6 months, Am guessing a lot of languages schools will close now in Phuket..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, but a school advertising 5 year ED visa on page 1 of their website does not deserve anyone's business.

With your 1-5 year ED visa

* You will not have to leave Thailand to make visa runs for the duration of the visa's validity.

* You will enjoy studying the Thai language and culture in an easy-going class setting at Phuket Language School.

I going year nr 5 now on this school 3 year Thai and 2 year Japanes, but i be 50 Year next February clap2.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, but a school advertising 5 year ED visa on page 1 of their website does not deserve anyone's business.

With your 1-5 year ED visa

* You will not have to leave Thailand to make visa runs for the duration of the visa's validity.

* You will enjoy studying the Thai language and culture in an easy-going class setting at Phuket Language School.

Your opinion of whether or not people deserve to stay here studying for 5 years, or if websites should devote more advertising copy to that than the quality of their instruction, or whatever, isn't really relevant.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 6 months is based upon the course of study you are enrolled in and paid for. If you paid for enough hours you would get documents good for a year from the MOE.

You can get up to 6 months and then enroll for more hours and get another 6 months.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, but a school advertising 5 year ED visa on page 1 of their website does not deserve anyone's business.

With your 1-5 year ED visa

* You will not have to leave Thailand to make visa runs for the duration of the visa's validity.

* You will enjoy studying the Thai language and culture in an easy-going class setting at Phuket Language School.

Your opinion of whether or not people deserve to stay here studying for 5 years, or if websites should devote more advertising copy to that than the quality of their instruction, or whatever, isn't really relevant.

If you think business that are lying to you deserve your business, up to you. BTW, I said nothing about whether or not people studying deserve to stay here, I only made a comment about the language school offering 5 year visa. Maybe time for a course comprehensive reading? I know a school that will give you a 5 year visa for that, no need for visa runs during those 5 years.

But also your opinion really is not relevant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 6 months is based upon the course of study you are enrolled in and paid for. If you paid for enough hours you would get documents good for a year from the MOE.

You can get up to 6 months and then enroll for more hours and get another 6 months.

You pay for 200 hours on 1 year ED visa, and you go to school 4 hours every week it was before, now you most go to the school 8 hours every week then you have only 6 months, and then you most go to Malaysia/Laos and get a new ED visa, this happen now in Phuket. Here in Phuket you have 46 schools (you have good schools and bad schools) but i think every school close sun now customer that`s it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can also confirm this, Phuket now you need to study 2 hours a day minimum monday-friday and maximum length of study was 6 months then you finished can't get any more extensions! source (was down at one of the bigger language school yesterday)

That is quite retarded to believe someone will be fluent in 6 months, Am guessing a lot of languages schools will close now in Phuket..

That's exactly right and that means the 46 schools going and closes. it's better and travel to Laos (Savanakhet) and get double touristic visa (cheaper) And there are many Thais and Farangs who lose their jobs it`s very sad what happen now in Phuket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can also confirm this, Phuket now you need to study 2 hours a day minimum monday-friday and maximum length of study was 6 months then you finished can't get any more extensions! source (was down at one of the bigger language school yesterday)

That is quite retarded to believe someone will be fluent in 6 months, Am guessing a lot of languages schools will close now in Phuket..

That's exactly right and that means the 46 schools going and closes. it's better and travel to Laos (Savanakhet) and get double touristic visa (cheaper) And there are many Thais and Farangs who lose their jobs it`s very sad what happen now in Phuket.

So wait, are you saying these schools only exist because of the possibility to get an ED visa?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What they need to do is have a plan, look at what the long term future is for Ed Visas, discuss it, talk with the schools and then implement it.

They need to stop this 1 minute this is the rule, then two weeks later change it all, while some immigration staff assume what the rules are.

Schools are being affected, Thai staff are being affected, people with Ed visas are being affected (ones who abuse it and ones who don't), people who wish to purchase such visa are being affected and in the meantime causing stress for hundreds.

Need to get their act together, let everyone know the situation - immigration at the airport included - then implement it. because at the moment, certain areas following their own rules, rumours and the uncertainty is making the powers that be look very incompetent and all over the place.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 6 months is based upon the course of study you are enrolled in and paid for. If you paid for enough hours you would get documents good for a year from the MOE.

You can get up to 6 months and then enroll for more hours and get another 6 months.

No No No when you are finished with the hours you paid for then you need to leave the country and get a new ED visa. October 5 I was in Penang for my 5 years ED visa (3 Years Thai and 2 years Japanes) and the stack of papers they now require 54 pages of my school which days and time of day as 09.00 two 11:00 This is because the Emigration in Phuket they come and check sometimes, they have been and taken pictures of me and my class 3 times in the last year, and they deport one girl from Russia she don`t come to the class and that`s it`s ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The immigration order limits extensions to one year not 6 months. If you can get the documents from the MOE you can keep getting the extension for the full year. The only entity mentioned in this topic has been the MOE and they do not do extensions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can also confirm this, Phuket now you need to study 2 hours a day minimum monday-friday and maximum length of study was 6 months then you finished can't get any more extensions! source (was down at one of the bigger language school yesterday)

That is quite retarded to believe someone will be fluent in 6 months, Am guessing a lot of languages schools will close now in Phuket..

That's exactly right and that means the 46 schools going and closes. it's better and travel to Laos (Savanakhet) and get double touristic visa (cheaper) And there are many Thais and Farangs who lose their jobs it`s very sad what happen now in Phuket.

So wait, are you saying these schools only exist because of the possibility to get an ED visa?

Of course not but about 95% of students at schools have ED visa and the other 5% have Non Immigrant O/OA or B visa, you think the schools have any life if 95% of the students ending the schools.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can also confirm this, Phuket now you need to study 2 hours a day minimum monday-friday and maximum length of study was 6 months then you finished can't get any more extensions! source (was down at one of the bigger language school yesterday)

That is quite retarded to believe someone will be fluent in 6 months, Am guessing a lot of languages schools will close now in Phuket..

That's exactly right and that means the 46 schools going and closes. it's better and travel to Laos (Savanakhet) and get double touristic visa (cheaper) And there are many Thais and Farangs who lose their jobs it`s very sad what happen now in Phuket.

So wait, are you saying these schools only exist because of the possibility to get an ED visa?

Of course not but about 95% of students at schools have ED visa and the other 5% have Non Immigrant O/OA or B visa, you think the schools have any life if 95% of the students ending the schools.

So you're saying there is an almost 100% correlation between the ED visa and studying Thai. I doubt this, I think there are many real students who would continue with their studies even without the ED visa, but if true, this is really, really sad.

Edited by stevenl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you're saying there is an almost 100% correlation between the ED visa and studying Thai. I doubt this, I think there are many real students who would continue with their studies even without the ED visa, but if true, this is really, really sad.

Of course not but about 95% of students at schools have ED visa and the other 5% have Non Immigrant O/OA or B visa, you think the schools have any life if 95% of the students ending the schools.

So wait, are you saying these schools only exist because of the possibility to get an ED visa?

Steven: from my experience the vast majority of students only sign up at school because of the ED visa. I might be an exception and continue studying Thai after I finish with the ED visa but believe me the majority will not do that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you're saying there is an almost 100% correlation between the ED visa and studying Thai. I doubt this, I think there are many real students who would continue with their studies even without the ED visa, but if true, this is really, really sad.

Of course not but about 95% of students at schools have ED visa and the other 5% have Non Immigrant O/OA or B visa, you think the schools have any life if 95% of the students ending the schools.

So wait, are you saying these schools only exist because of the possibility to get an ED visa?

Steven: from my experience the vast majority of students only sign up at school because of the ED visa. I might be an exception and continue studying Thai after I finish with the ED visa but believe me the majority will not do that.

But schools do not get enough money and pay for teachers and rent,electricity etc. They close down every schools a think here in Phuket and many skilled teachers lose their job very Sad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My school.

its not a good enough answer, which school?, is it being applied country wide? Is there an official statement form MOE, is it just your school that is having the issue... different schools and different areas often have different rules as we have seen. I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying your post is to vague and lacks evidence to be applied to all the other schools. If you happen to eventually be correct, well that will seriously suck:)

s

My school are in Phuket, and today they put a paper from MOE on the wall in Thai and english, you can call to the school and ask them. You think i writhing this for fun..

http://www.phuket-language-school.com

Now that is not what they say on the website.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you're saying there is an almost 100% correlation between the ED visa and studying Thai. I doubt this, I think there are many real students who would continue with their studies even without the ED visa, but if true, this is really, really sad.

It's an inverse correlation between Ed visas and long stay options for those under 50 who don't want to marry, start a business or commit to a 500k lump sum each 5 years.

Edited by jspill
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...