Dog barking..the solution, any electronics experts out there?

AllanB

I know I am not the only one who has a problem with neighbour's dog's barking and there is a solution using high frequency sound.

I recently bought a device which emits a high frequency sound when a dog starts barking and it does work, but only up to a point as it only really distracts the dog. Then I think the dog actually gets used to it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PetSafe-PBC19-11794-Outdoor-Bark-Control/dp/B001NI1S0O/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1417691796&sr=8-16&keywords=dog+barking+deterrent

What is needed is a device with an adjustable output for volume, and/or perhaps frequency, so you can adjust it, from distraction, discomfort, right up to pain level for the dog. This may sound cruel (to someone who isn't constantly woken at 4 or 5am) but the alternative is killing the damn thing, as many in fact do.

Could anyone out there build such a device, or modify mine to create a higher volume? Or offer any advice.

• Like 2

. You could always make a complaint at the local Amphur.

That would cause even more anger and in many cases you would need to report several owners over a small area, if you were a falang making such a complaint I would not envy your chances in the neighbourhood. My Thai neighbour reported a local shop to the amphur, shop was a metal works, rubbish all over the place and working at all hours with angle grinders in the road. Made virtually no difference and now the neighbour has a nasty enemy, especially since the cops raided the shop and took away a gun, neighbour blamed for that as well for drawing attention. Once you start complaining about Thais you can end up in a worse situation with the original problem no better. The only way here is the Thai way.

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 1

The most often cause of a dog barking is other dogs roaming around at nite. Find out what it is barking at rather then sleeping - which is what dogs perfer to do. Find out what that is and you will do both you and the dog a favor.

The most often cause of a dog barking is other dogs roaming around at nite. Find out what it is barking at rather then sleeping - which is what dogs perfer to do. Find out what that is and you will do both you and the dog a favor.

Anything and everything, from insects, to other dogs in other gardens, as there are no roaming dogs at night, other times I have absolutely no idea. Remember the dog can hear sounds that I can't, all I know is the dog, often dogs are in my neighbour's garden baking and it wakes me up. I talked him very politely, but he just got angry that I had the gall to complain, told me to leave Thailand and hasn't talked since.

Listen, I don't want to be cruel to animals (hence the different levels I suggested) and in my own country I could go to the council, or Police and they would deal with it. Here is is different and requires a different solution, it seems the rights of the dog outweigh the rights of people and that is wrong.

We often look after my wife's mums dogs, one yaps so we keep it in, one doesn't so we keep it outside, simple. The same with my other neighbour, I had a few soft words with her and now she takes the dog in at night.

I am considering moving to, but this is not a rented house, so much more difficult.

• Like 1

If you are my neighbour and I catch you using this on my dogs I'll guarantee you will be woken real early every damn morning and it will not be from dogs barking.

Don't threaten me, you sound exactly like sort of neighbour I am talking about, more concerned about your precious dog than the annoyance it is causing. I assume you have a barking dog that ruins the lives of your neighbours, otherwise why would I be using on you dog/s?

This a health issue for humans, so it is a case of "them or us"....for me it is us every time, not for you though it seems.

It is the same with biting, dog bites man/child....bang the first time!

But not it Thailand it seems.

I agree. it is a health issue for you.

If you are my neighbour and I catch you using this on my dogs I'll guarantee you will be woken real early every damn morning and it will not be from dogs barking.

It high frequency, so you won't hear it!

• Like 2

I think a dog patrol should be set up and all stray dogs be collected up and you should have dog licences and owners fined if dogs make a nusceince of them ha ha living in cloud cookoo land please some one do something before I shoot them all can't even go for a ride on my bike dogs everywhere barking chasing aggressive dogs have been bitten but managed to kick it off still have the scar .

And don mega I will happily come and bit you and your family then we can all act like dogs like you seem to do

And I am a dog lover had them all my life but treated them well and they never barked unless someone was attacking me

• Like 2

My neighbor prosecuted me to the building control,ministry of enviroment,ministry od education. I tutor a few kids after school in my own home. He says, when people come to visit me his own dogs bark. The sound of his own dogs make him feel angry and annoyed. The funny thing is, each office has ordered me not to have people visit my home. Even funnier, the judge agreed with him and them.

Currently 3 cases on appeal.

Tit.

• Like 1

negative reinforcement works.

buy a shock collar that looks similar to the one the dog is currently wearing.

wait until the owners are out, and then tranquilize the dog, quickly, with an air gun and some pointed object dipped in medication.

Jump the fence, put on the collar.

everytime the dog barks, he will got shocked....reducing him to a trembling stack of nerves.

Alternatively, get a high powered laser (instructions on line)

aim for the eyes....

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 1

negative reinforcement works.

buy a shock collar that looks similar to the one the dog is currently wearing.

wait until the owners are out, and then tranquilize the dog, quickly, with an air gun and some pointed object dipped in medication.

Jump the fence, put on the collar.

everytime the dog barks, he will got shocked....reducing him to a trembling stack of nerves.

Alternatively, get a high powered laser (instructions on line)

aim for the eyes....

ah yes blinding the dog is sure to make it bark less.... what a informative and constructive comment...... pillock

• Like 2

Here's THE solution for you, Sir. Buy them a Siberian Huskey and you won't hear barking dogs anymore..

...............maybe some "howling", but that's okay...coffee1.gif

P.S. Please see our dog Lucky.....

post-158336-0-31187800-1417750265_thumb.

post-158336-0-47323400-1417750309_thumb.

post-158336-0-22050700-1417750362_thumb.

post-158336-0-22625400-1417750410_thumb.

post-158336-0-12571000-1417750448_thumb.

post-158336-0-18122200-1417750487_thumb.

post-158336-0-07990400-1417750538_thumb.

post-158336-0-70995800-1417750603_thumb.

post-158336-0-23129100-1417750641_thumb.

post-158336-0-46944200-1417750658_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

Typical aggressive and unreasonable response from an owner, as they say it's not the dogs fault!

Why are so many dog owners so d*mn unpleasant and inconsiderate?

Dog is mans only friend probably. Only one to take his nature and ignore it for a bit of food anyways. Dogs are as bad as their owners.

• Like 1