Report on 90 Day Report - Phuket Town

JetsetBkk

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Valentine said:

Went for 90 day report on Friday about 10.30. Volunteer Roz was most pleasant & helpful by giving me "the dreaded form" & circling only 4 questions to answer. She also suggested making a copy to keep for future visits. That & a copy of front page in passport then a 2 minute wait to get the new report form in passport. The form was not looked at. Good to see immigration recycling paper. Once outside up to Jailbreak for a nice, cheap breakfast burger.

Did she circle the parent's names section ?

With me they needed to know my father's name even though he died in the early 70s.  It required an extra trip to Immigration.

10 hours ago, Old Croc said:

With me they needed to know my father's name even though he died in the early 70s.  It required an extra trip to Immigration.

Why the extra trip? Did you have to go somewhere to get his name?

( default_facepalm.gif)

19 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Yes she did. I put N/A as they have both passed on. It was only after I finished I saw on my copy that they ask you to put *.* if a question does not apply but N/A seemed to pass at the time.

1 hour ago, Valentine said:

Yes she did. I put N/A as they have both passed on. It was only after I finished I saw on my copy that they ask you to put *.* if a question does not apply but N/A seemed to pass at the time.

Thanks, didn't work for me. Deceased wasn't acceptable, I had to put their names on the form and my wife had to make another trip to town.

The full story of my travails with my last 90 dayer is in a thread I started at the time. Against my wishes the thread was moved from the Phuket forum to the general visa one.

Posts 1, 64 and 67 give the story.

51 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Thanks, didn't work for me. Deceased wasn't acceptable, I had to put their names on the form and my wife had to make another trip to town.

The full story of my travails with my last 90 dayer is in a thread I started at the time. Against my wishes the thread was moved from the Phuket forum to the general visa one.

Posts 1, 64 and 67 give the story.

No rhyme or reason to move thread to general when talking about Phuket in particular. Although immigration are all over the country they do not seem to all operate under the same criteria.

17 hours ago, Old Croc said:
19 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Why the extra trip? Did you have to go somewhere to get his name?

( default_facepalm.gif)

If I come up with a reasonable explanation will you answer my question or will I have to send you a PM for the information?

Ah! I remember now that you are "mobility-challenged". Sorry. So your wife took the form and had to go back. default_wai2.gif

On 9/4/2016 at 6:48 AM, Valentine said:

Went for 90 day report on Friday about 10.30. Volunteer Roz was most pleasant & helpful by giving me "the dreaded form" & circling only 4 questions to answer. She also suggested making a copy to keep for future visits. That & a copy of front page in passport then a 2 minute wait to get the new report form in passport. The form was not looked at. Good to see immigration recycling paper. Once outside up to Jailbreak for a nice, cheap breakfast burger.

Made my 90 day online report on Friday. No 'dreaded form'. Approved today and I printed out the notification. What is all the fuss ??

12 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Made my 90 day online report on Friday. No 'dreaded form'. Approved today and I printed out the notification. What is all the fuss ??

No fuss. The dreaded form had a quotation marks for a reason which I thought obvious from my post. It is not the dreaded form many thought it was.

Just to give a different perspective, I'll summarize the bastardry involved with my last report.

Previous to this one they required nil paperwork, they did it in minutes using the passport only.

On the last occasion, forewarned, I had copies of everything and even included the new information form which I had downloaded from Thaivisa and filled in on computer. I even used *.* instead of N/A!

My wife, who has done my 90 day reports for years, took it to Patong as usual (convenient for her on the bike), but they refused to accept it, saying they needed me to be there! 

The next day she tried again at the Phuket Office, where a volunteer refused to accept my beautifully completed and printed 2 page Information form, insisting instead that I had to use their ratty, faded, crap form, on the rear of which was a list of names, dobs and monthly salaries of staff at a named business in Patong. 

He did peruse my form and  insisted I had to name my long dead parents! My wife returned home again, where I transferred information from my immaculately completed form to their crap one, and wrote a few names in for the parents.

It required my wife to make three trips to two offices over two days to finalise my last report.

There are good reasons you won't find me praising the performance of these .............

(note: My wife prefers to take her bike rather than the car in traffic.  Also, I am aware how easy it is to report on line, I do it for a friend each time. Mine doesn't work!)

• 3 weeks later...

This how it was today Friday September 23, 2016 for 90 days reporting

Foreigner information form to be filled out completely, except the bank information

Photo YES

Copy of first page of passport YES

Just for those who have to go soon for the 90 days

I don't know if it is still possible to do the 90 days online and if there also additional infos are required.

44 minutes ago, chercheur888 said:

This how it was today Friday September 23, 2016 for 90 days reporting

Foreigner information form to be filled out completely, except the bank information

Photo YES

Copy of first page of passport YES

Just for those who have to go soon for the 90 days

I don't know if it is still possible to do the 90 days online and if there also additional infos are required.

Made my 90 day report online 15 days ago. No photo, no photocopy, no extra information ... easy peasy

Edited by LivinginKata

Photo for a 90 day report??????? What the HE double hockey stick for?

They are either very smart or very dumb. Copies of stuff they already have multiple times, and now pictures? Perhaps its their way of telling everyone to do it online.

2 hours ago, Shot said:

Photo for a 90 day report??????? What the HE double hockey stick for?

They are either very smart or very dumb. Copies of stuff they already have multiple times, and now pictures? Perhaps its their way of telling everyone to do it online.

A German would say "Kasperltheater"

On 23/09/2016 at 7:57 PM, chercheur888 said:

A German would say "Kasperltheater"

Update for today Monday, Sep. 26, 2016

As I did not have the photo on Friday, went back today, and yes you guessed it. Photo NOT REQUIRED, and nobody looked at the FIF.

There was a IO not so young who handled the reporting today, I guess he is not very familiar with computers. Took 15 minutes to complete the reporting, but I must admit that he was talking a lot with his colleague and when his mouth was occupied, his hands were paralysed.

Just back from Phuket Town Immigration for the 90 day report.

Photocopy of the main page of passport, signed, the new, slightly ridiculous foreigner info form, mum and dad surname ? Der, same as mine and they died 30 years ago. It also asks for your UK address, that had to be fiction as I don't own a house anymore in the UK. (here on retirement, own a house here, please no you can't own one, you know what I mean)

No photograph needed.

They ask for emergency name and address so I put the wife (farang as well) then they want a Thai name and address as well so made that up.

The Immigration volunteer was in fine form, she did say to make photocopies of the info form as it will be needed at each 90 day report, forgot to do that, doh.

In and out in 15 minutes which would have been 5 except for a Thai bringing a bunch of passports in and just plonking herself down at the desk without waiting for a number.

• 1 month later...

Just back from Phuket Town for yet another 90 day report.

No photograph of me standing near house number required - that's for Retirement Visa extensions (only? - don't know).

Their computer system was down (to Bangkok?) again so they wanted a copy of the last extension page in the passport. I noticed the table outside had a list of requirements and it included the last arrival stamp in the passport too. So I got them both.

They also wanted a copy of both sides of the arrival/departure card.

Foreigner Information Form (FIF) wanted. I had copied an original FIF and filled in sections 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7.1 & 2.7.2. I don't believe all were needed, eg. 2.4, 2.5 & 2.6.

No photo was needed with the form. On the back of the form I re-copied what I had found months ago on the back of another FIF, in the hope that it won't be used in their photocopier again.

Their local computer system was working - the IO had no problem printing out the TM47 for me to sign.

Also did the 90 day report yesterday.

My second time to attempt an online submission.

Last time, I waited three days and was rejected with no reason as to why.

Put my application in at ten in the morning. At three in the afternoon, I was printing out the form to put in my passport.

Was totally gob-smacked.

55 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

why anyone uses phuket town for 90 day reports is beyond me, do it in Patong...

from May- Nov no matter what ur applying for ur in and out in less than 30minutes at most, often less

They refused to accept my last 90 dayer at Patong.

My wife had to go to Phuket for further hassling before they processed it.

Due again now.

7 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Maybe time to have another go at online?

It didn't work for me for the last 90 day report, but, worked this time.

I have no idea why......

You have to get into the correct date window.  I myself use the 10 - 8 days before window. I realise some say 14 - 7 days before, but I use a tighter window and it usually works first time. 

15 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Just back from Phuket Town for yet another 90 day report.

No photograph of me standing near house number required - that's for Retirement Visa extensions (only? - don't know).

Their computer system was down (to Bangkok?) again so they wanted a copy of the last extension page in the passport. I noticed the table outside had a list of requirements and it included the last arrival stamp in the passport too. So I got them both.

They also wanted a copy of both sides of the arrival/departure card.

Foreigner Information Form (FIF) wanted. I had copied an original FIF and filled in sections 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7.1 & 2.7.2. I don't believe all were needed, eg. 2.4, 2.5 & 2.6.

No photo was needed with the form. On the back of the form I re-copied what I had found months ago on the back of another FIF, in the hope that it won't be used in their photocopier again.

Their local computer system was working - the IO had no problem printing out the TM47 for me to sign.

My Arrival/Departure card is completely blank on the reverse side. Are you sure they wanted a copy of that?

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

My Arrival/Departure card is completely blank on the reverse side. Are you sure they wanted a copy of that?

I originally gave him a copy of both sides of my Arrival/Departure card with my bunch of papers for checking and he gave me them back with other 'unwanted' pages'.

So when he said "and a copy of both sides of the departure card" I gave him a quizzical look and handed back the two sheets, with a grin. He didn't recognise the old style card and admitted as much.

I don't know the different variations of the cards, but mine has stuff on both sides.

43 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I originally gave him a copy of both sides of my Arrival/Departure card with my bunch of papers for checking and he gave me them back with other 'unwanted' pages'.

So when he said "and a copy of both sides of the departure card" I gave him a quizzical look and handed back the two sheets, with a grin. He didn't recognise the old style card and admitted as much.

I don't know the different variations of the cards, but mine has stuff on both sides.

I guess mine's an old one, last arrival 2011.  My wife is trying to report for me as  I write. Wait and see how they behave this time.

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:
6 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

I guess mine's an old one, last arrival 2011.  My wife is trying to report for me as  I write. Wait and see how they behave this time.

2011 - call that "old"? whistling.gif      Mine just made it into this century! laugh.gif