macb

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WEATHER REPORT FOR THE HUAIRAT AREAS 25/11/06 0842 HRS

Scattered cloud sun breeze from the North possibility of scattered showers (Yesterday evening had thunder storm) i/h temp 29.3 o/s temp 31.

http://www.tmd.go.th/program/daily_w_forecast.php

Hi Macb

Currently in Satuk raining quite hard and has been for last hour or so, very dull and overcast with in house temp of C 23.2

Will try not to send it your way, might ruin the rice!!

TBWG :o

WEATHER REPORT FOR THE HUAIRAT AREAS 25/11/06 0842 HRS

Scattered cloud sun breeze from the North possibility of scattered showers (Yesterday evening had thunder storm) i/h temp 29.3 o/s temp 31.

http://www.tmd.go.th/program/daily_w_forecast.php

Hi Macb

Currently in Satuk raining quite hard and has been for last hour or so, very dull and overcast with in house temp of C 23.2

Will try not to send it your way, might ruin the rice!!

TBWG :D

Morning TBWG

WEll 10 Rai is in leaves 3 rai of brown, I just put a link on your snake enquiry its wort putting in Favourites, but having said its a Cobra looking on the link I dont think it is. WEll we got laundry out so keep the rain till I say its okay

:o

For those of you who have not been to Burriram yet I will be in the future weeks taking pics around the Town and posting on this Topic so you can get an idea of the Town etc.

Yesterday went to night Bazaar where they sell all Fresh vegtables and Fruit and Fish and Chicken there are also eating places if you like Issan food. these pics are not very good, but the Bazaar is covered by Security and CCTV because very busy every evening.

post-32485-1164510842_thumb.jpg post-32485-1164510884_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1164510927_thumb.jpg post-32485-1164511028_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1164511093_thumb.jpg

More pics of the car-park buy keep an eye on the Topic there will be more for you soon.

WEATHER REPORT FOR THE HUAIRAT AREAS 28/11/06 0921 HRS

Well had friends here yesterday so no report, but here we go again with the out the door report;

Scattered cloud sun no wind what there is from the south East its going to be very hot again i/h temp 31 c o/s temp 35/36 already may go to 39/40 c

5-Day Forecast for Surin

Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday

89° F | 77° F

32° C | 25° C

89° F | 77° F

32° C | 25° C

91° F | 77° F

33° C | 25° C

89° F | 75° F

32° C | 24° C

89° F | 77° F

32° C | 25° C

Chance of T-storms

30% chance of precipitation Partly Cloudy Scattered Clouds Scattered Clouds Scattered Clouds

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48432.html

For those of you who have not been to Burriram yet I will be in the future weeks taking pics around the Town and posting on this Topic so you can get an idea of the Town etc.

Yesterday went to night Bazaar where they sell all Fresh vegtables and Fruit and Fish and Chicken there are also eating places if you like Issan food. these pics are not very good, but the Bazaar is covered by Security and CCTV because very busy every evening.

post-32485-1164510842_thumb.jpg post-32485-1164510884_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1164510927_thumb.jpg post-32485-1164511028_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1164511093_thumb.jpg

More pics of the car-park buy keep an eye on the Topic there will be more for you soon.

Mac

Thanks for putting them pictures on the site it is handy for me as i intend to have my parents come over next may/june when i tie the knot and they keep asking me what its like and i have never taken ant photo's exept of the bamboo bar.

:o keep em coming :D

are there any other 'farang bars' in Buriram apart from the Bamboo bar, as that is the only one i've ever managed to find?

WEll not really ,I have not really looked closely to see if there are any more Farang bars, there is a place called 'Be my Guest' Opposite Bok and bed I have seen the odd Farang in there and of course they Book and Bed is popular with both Thai and Farang because the foos is good.

are there any other 'farang bars' in Buriram apart from the Bamboo bar, as that is the only one i've ever managed to find?

There use to be the old Embassy, but that is now shut, going back 10 years plus, only really ferrang bar is the Bamboo, but not ran by a ferrang anymore, it is now thai owned, my mate and his thai wife used to have it, then they returned to the uk, where his wife was working for me, there are the bars down Dodgy Road, but thats another story........, the old cola bar in the sticks, the police closed this place, maybe open again, and the gandar, two dodgy places but a bit of fun, up by the elephant. there was a bar that opened a couple of years ago, but that only lastes a couple of months, also my mate cyril opened a bar and internet cafe, i think that is now shut as well.

There use to be the old Embassy, but that is now shut, going back 10 years plus, only really ferrang bar is the Bamboo, but not ran by a ferrang anymore, it is now thai owned, my mate and his thai wife used to have it, then they returned to the uk, where his wife was working for me, there are the bars down Dodgy Road, but thats another story........, the old cola bar in the sticks, the police closed this place, maybe open again, and the gandar, two dodgy places but a bit of fun, up by the elephant. there was a bar that opened a couple of years ago, but that only lastes a couple of months, also my mate cyril opened a bar and internet cafe, i think that is now shut as well.

Peter, a delightful chap is opening his pub soon. I stopped bye a week or so ago and they were busy, painting and decorating the facility. He is just down the road from the Vongthong Hotel (on the opposite side of the street) and he will have a really nice place there. I recommend you patronize his place, will be some good English meals there to boot as well as snacks and the usual things to drink.

Say fellas:

Christmas time is just around the bend. We are trying to gather gifts for the center here plus for the two other centers in Buriram province. Grasang has 12 girls, Pablaichai 11 girls and one boy, we have 9 boys and 6 girls in residence. Kids range from 2 years old upwards at Pablachai, a bit older, mostly teens at Grasang and the kids here are from 4-up, (4),(5),(8)(8)(8), 13, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17... check us out come bye and see for yourself. Then there is the boys' center which ahs 94 kids in residence ranging from 6 to 18. They have had problems in the past and are in need of toys etc. Located near Khao Kradong. Some lads from UK will be out in January to build another building at TreeHouse to take in more kids. They are coming thru Dragonfly in Korat (Martin Walsh's operation that provides volunteers to schools). Needs in Buriram province are greater than most folks could imagine. Books too by the way are needed to donate to elementary schools in the four kets here-- nearly 1,100 schoolas altogether. This week books arrived and were given in lots of fifty to two elementary schools and the uni. Another shiopment is due in from Singapore tomorrow will be divided among twelve more of the rural schools. Many more to go though. Any kind of childtren's books with lots of pix and drawings and simple story lines. When we delivered books to Ban Kongchaisit witthaya on Monday kids were overwhelmed --- happy, happy kids to have books in English for their library. Get involved. deliver books to Education services Area 1 located directly across from the Buriram post office on Isaan Road to director's office. (Ajarn Surasak) He will see they get into the neediest schools first.

Thanx all,

Roger

Roger,

Have you a website, as i can downlosd some pics or you e-mail them, i can put a collection box on my counter, i have 2 very busy shops in the UK, i have done this before for the terrible disaster in Phuket, i collected 500 GBP, i did not pay into the bank in UK, i brought the money to Thailand and paid it into the Thai Red Cross, at the SCB, As there was mention of funds going elswhere, so thought this would be the best bet, now the poppy appeal is over, i can stick a box on the counter. it is a damm good cause, the kids in Thailand/Cambodia have never had anything, not like the kids in the Uk, if i was in thailand full time i would be willing to help with any projects.

Where is the orphange in Burriram 'Roger I sent you a pm about this but not got a reply ?

I have been supporting out local school ie they have had books the kids get treats and this year built them a new kitchen.

I f I can help in any way I will

WEATHER REPORT FOR THE HUAIRAT AREAS 03/12/06 0722 HRS

Well the Temperatures were reversed this morning at 0600 hrs: o/s was 24 c and i/h was 28 c

If your wandering what sort of Thermometer one is a Digital clock on one of my office desks, and for ourside I have a Digital watch that tell the Temperature.

Well today we start off cloudy with a breeze from the North East and Hazey Sunshine and I will leave the Temperatures as aforementioned with a few degree increase.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48432.html

Hi guys, I am going soon to visit a friend in Buriram.

Is there anything interesting in the city ?any decent internet cafe's?

thanks in advance, cheers :o

Hi bkk:

Well there is a new internet ADSL cafe opened 2 doors down from the Book and Bed Restaurant this is situated on the same road as the Wong Thong Hotel.

Hope this helps

Well as promised earlier yesterday I took the wife for her pregnancy check up, the Doctors is situated down the road from the Railway Station.(He is very good and a lot of the pregnant ladies go to him) So I went walk about with the Digital Camera.

Now if you never been Burriram before the Rail Station is I believe to the North of the Town and a good land mark is the Clock Tower which stands on a roundabout on the road in front of the Station. Pics will show the Road and the road name and vicinty. Also as you come out of the Station turning left and walking about 100m on the opposite side is a very good Dentist and further on there is a very good Pharmacy. Also on this stretch is a small Bakers although there is a big Bakers South of the Staion.

post-32485-1165106644_thumb.jpg post-32485-1165106802_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1165106953_thumb.jpg post-32485-1165106983_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1165107018_thumb.jpg post-32485-1165107052_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1165107115_thumb.jpg post-32485-1165107177_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1165107217_thumb.jpg post-32485-1165107397_thumb.jpg