Issan (burriram)

macb

Well as promised earlier yesterday I took the wife for her pregnancy check up, the Doctors is situated down the road from the Railway Station.(He is very good and a lot of the pregnant ladies go to him) So I went walk about with the Digital Camera.

Now if you never been Burriram before the Rail Station is I believe to the North of the Town and a good land mark is the Clock Tower which stands on a roundabout on the road in front of the Station. Pics will show the Road and the road name and vicinty. Also as you come out of the Station turning left and walking about 100m on the opposite side is a very good Dentist and further on there is a very good Pharmacy. Also on this stretch is a small Bakers although there is a big Bakers South of the Staion.

post-32485-1165106644_thumb.jpg post-32485-1165106802_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1165106953_thumb.jpg post-32485-1165106983_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1165107018_thumb.jpg post-32485-1165107052_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1165107115_thumb.jpg post-32485-1165107177_thumb.jpg

picture 19371 looks like it may have been taken from inside the bamboo bar ?but if it was there is nothing wrong in having a quick one?

post-32485-1165107217_thumb.jpg post-32485-1165107397_thumb.jpg

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WEATHER REPORT FOR THE HUAIRAT AREAS 06/12/06 0840 HRS:

Good cool start to the day again i/h temp 27 c . o/s temp 29 c breeze from the North East

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48432.html

Email from the British Consulate gives information of Tropical Storm DURIAN which will reach the Southern parts of Thailand today

HURRICANES

Hurricane

Hurricanes, also called typhoons and tropical cyclones, usually occur at predictable times of year. In the Caribbean, the hurricane season normally runs from the beginning of June to the end of November. In the Pacific/Asia region, the season tends to start and finish a month earlier. In the South Pacific, the season is from November to April.

Hurricanes can cause massive amounts of damage and kill many people. 2004 and 2005 saw a sharp increase in both the numbers and the force of hurricanes in the Atlantic/Caribbean region. In 2005, there were 14 hurricanes in the Atlantic/Caribbean area and 7 hurricanes in the Pacific region. The most violent of these in 2004 and 2005 were Ivan, Stan, Katrina and Wilma. They all wreaked widespread havoc, caused billions of pounds in damage to infrastructure and resulted in hundreds of fatalities. Many British holidaymakers in the region were caught up in the disasters, and some British nationals were killed and seriously injured.

Hurricanes in the Atlantic/Caribbean region can strike the northern coasts of South American countries, through Central America including Mexico, Guatemala and Belize, and northwards through the southern states of the USA. Florida, Louisiana and Texas have all suffered badly from hurricanes in the last two years. Any island in the Caribbean can be seriously affected during the hurricane season.

If you are in a hurricane region during the hurricane season, you should monitor local radio and other media outlets to keep abreast of any developments in your area. You should also keep in close touch with your travel/tour operator. You should also be aware that following a hurricane, there may be widespread damage to the infrastructure of the country you are visiting. Past experience has shown that it can take some time for airports to re-open, and there may be serious shortages of habitable accommodation, food and water, and health facilities. Our ability to help British nationals may be limited (perhaps severely) in such circumstances.

Although it is difficult to predict accurately where and when a hurricane can strike, as they often veer off-course when nearing land, you should follow local advice which in some cases may be to leave the immediate area if a hurricane is heading your way. Airports in the affected areas may shut down as the hurricane approaches and hotels may also close. Some local governments may maintain emergency shelters for those rendered homeless by a hurricane, but these are primarily designed for the protection of the local population and conditions are likely to be very basic. Further information on hurricanes and other tropical storms is available on the following websites:

THis is merely for information

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/ExternalLink...name=Hurricanes

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/ExternalLink...name=Hurricanes

Hi guys, hope this is in the right place.

Perhaps you can help............I am looking for a hospital of private clinic or doctor in Buriram city where my Thai lady can go for a full medical ie checks for everything including all the nasties etc.

She wants to go somewhere where she doesnt have to wait for hours, so I guess a private session at a Hospital or clinic or GP would do the trick and it would be nice if she gets a reasonable Thai price without being gouged for a Farang association surcharge.

I am not in Los at the moment so she will be going with a Thai friend.

Any information contact telephone numbers would be greatly appreciated for somewhere in the town of Buriram.

Many thanks.

WEATHER REPORT FOR THE HUAIRAT AREAS 10/12/06 0810 HRS

WEll cant get the colours up this morning never mind proceed with the out the door look at the weather:

THis morning cloudy much cooler even looks like it could rain, prevailing wind from THe North East, no sun.

At 0600 hrs the temp o/s was 24.7; Now i/h temp 26 c o/s 28c

If you are flying out of Buriram airport on PBair it may be prudent to check the flight times.

This mornings flight was put back 3 hours causing some pax to miss international connecting flights. :o

It appears they are squeezing in extra Chang Mai flights (for Flower show) at expense of BFV - BKK service. You have been warned.

TBWG :D

WEATHER REPORT FOR HUAIRAT AREAS 13/12/06 0735 HRS

Another refreshinlg cool start to the day o/s temp 24 .7 c i/s temp 26.3 No cloud hardly any breeze sunshine

Weather report for England, dull, dreary, wet, cold and bloody miserable. Likely to remain the same til about June 2007.

Thanks for that macb, the words salt and wounds come to mind :o

WEATHER REPORT FOR HUAIRAT AREAS 13/12/06 0735 HRS

Another refreshinlg cool start to the day o/s temp 24 .7 c i/s temp 26.3 No cloud hardly any breeze sunshine

Weather report for England, dull, dreary, wet, cold and bloody miserable. Likely to remain the same til about June 2007.

Thanks for that macb, the words salt and wounds come to mind :D

You are most welcome glenbat, just to let you know in my office area its now 29.2 with the fan on and the time is 1900 hrs

:o

WEATHER REPORT FOR THE HUAIRAT AREAS 18/12/06 0719 HRS

Well out came the Perter Storm fleece this morning I was cold the Wife was not mmmmm o/s temp at 0600 hrs 22.3 c brrrrrrrrrrr i/h temp now is 22 c. No cloud no wind sunshine.

Well its still my Paradise even if I have got wooloy had and fleece on

[
I had to get a thicker 'T'' from the Bedroom and me Wooley hat

Says on min/max thermometer temp dropped to 15.8 overnight currently a sweltering 20.5C in Satuk!!

TBWG :D

At least your not in Sussex TBWG !!

Its been a week now and I still can't get used to the cold. Its 4c today!!!!! :o Have a good Xmas !! D the D

Hello fellow Buriramians. Is there anyone interested in buying our 3-bedroom bungalow? It's immaculate, fully repainted inside and out 2 months ago and resurfacing of the drive and parking area completed at the same time. All curtains and air conditioning included in the price. Original agency price was 1.3 million baht but, for direct sale to anyone really interested, the price will be 1.2 million baht.

The location is on a small development, very near to the centre of Burirum city on the Nang Rong - Burirum Road.

post-3503-1166611261_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photo...a photo taken of a photo!!!

WEATHER REPORT FOR THE CHILLY HUAIRAT AREAS 21/12/06 0747 HRS

Now this is a cool start to the day o/s temp at 0615 hrs I recorded at 13.7 c i/h house temp as below

But there was a nice sunrise this morning see below

Hello fellow Buriramians. Is there anyone interested in buying our 3-bedroom bungalow? It's immaculate, fully repainted inside and out 2 months ago and resurfacing of the drive and parking area completed at the same time. All curtains and air conditioning included in the price. Original agency price was 1.3 million baht but, for direct sale to anyone really interested, the price will be 1.2 million baht.

The location is on a small development, very near to the centre of Burirum city on the Nang Rong - Burirum Road.

post-3503-1166611261_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photo...a photo taken of a photo!!!

Good place to hae your advert as the topic gets lot of viewing, but you might want to link it to the For sale thread as well, just a suggestion

WEATHER REPORT FOR THE HUAIRAT AREAS 22/12/06 0735 HRS

Another very cool morning o/temp recorded this morning at 0615 hrs 15.5 c i/h at moment 20.0 c

o/s now 18.8 c

No cloud not much wind at the moment sun, we have had strong winds for the last 5 days as the sun comes up so the wind increases, as the sun goes down the wind decreases. All to do with pressure I suppose