macb

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fc hi there:

Well apart from washing Nappies and usual stuff assiciated with New Baby ( Fifty bl--dy Seven ) hahaha.

Believe it or not been busy it seems last week I thought it was Wednesday and it was Saturday or is that the onset of Altziemers !!. Now did I write that once already or not, was I standingup or sitting down.

Also been today sorting out a new truck . Hope to get over soon mate regards to everyone there that know me bla bla bla.

WEATHER FOR THE HUAIRAT RURAL AREAS: 31-03-07 1008 hrs

Yesterday very hot:

Today goning to be the same already in the house its 34.6 c and climbing two fans going already third waiting.

Temp in the shade outside 32 c. Breeze Southerly

post-32485-1175310760_thumb.jpg

BURRIRAM NEWS

TThe Big 'c' site progresses with pilons being set:

Further along the road there is another site being cleared of substantial size but I saw no indication that it might be Carre-four or Tesco.

Most of the motor dealers are moving onto the Korat road ie Nissan Mazda Toyota, Honda whether Ford and Isuzu will make the move or not I am not sure.

I could invisage Ford moving as there site is small in Burriram, but Isuzu have a large plot with a Service Centre as well, so wait and see, whatever the case Burriram is deffinately an up and coming city now in my opinion

Edited by macb

Car Rental Burriram

There is a car-rental at the entrance to Book and Bed contact at the Salon, here are the Numbers.

084-6064030 or 07-8687702

In fairness to other care rentals I wil add there numberts and locations as I come across them

WEATHER FOR THE HUAIRAT RURAL AREAS: 03-04-07 0825 hrs

Yep same as yesterday blooming hot already:

Took two pics of temp in the house and outside;

The digital reading is in my office area and the traditional thermometre is in the gazeebo

And here is the outlook for the next few days

post-32485-1175563673_thumb.jpg

BURRIRAM NEWS

Whilst doing some business at the Toyota garage this morning I noticed some more development taking place past the Big 'C' site which at this stage deep pilling is under way.

However I asked the Staff, as this new site is opposite Toyota Dealership what development this was this is also at the deep pilling stage they informed me it is 'MAKRO' and there seems to be a race now between the two sites to see who will finish first to start trading.

I enquired about Tesco and Carr Four but they had not heard anything

BURRIRAM NEWS

Whilst doing some business at the Toyota garage this morning I noticed some more development taking place past the Big 'C' site which at this stage deep pilling is under way.

However I asked the Staff, as this new site is opposite Toyota Dealership what development this was this is also at the deep pilling stage they informed me it is 'MAKRO' and there seems to be a race now between the two sites to see who will finish first to start trading.

I enquired about Tesco and Carr Four but they had not heard anything

Good to now there will be some places to spend my baht once i get my act together and relaize my plans :o

Little chance of a new airport then :D

Cant eat planes :o

THere is a Topic running I think just started about a new Farang eatery in Burriram here is the link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1240468

Good luck to the guy I will give it a look next time in town

hello mr.macb,

belated congats on the birth of your daughter! i see that you are very busy on this forum,good stuff! im new to all of this, been readin thought past post.ect... i see that you had agood deal on the price of the hospital (birth) was this a goverment/private job as i m looking at are first essan baby at udon for base 25,000. baht. private. before in bangkok 6 yr ago we were paying 30,000.up.ect.... not sure about different districts pricings.? all the best. david.

THere is a Topic running I think just started about a new Farang eatery in Burriram here is the link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1240468

Good luck to the guy I will give it a look next time in town

hello mr.macb,

belated congats on the birth of your daughter! i see that you are very busy on this forum,good stuff! im new to all of this, been readin thought past post.ect... i see that you had agood deal on the price of the hospital (birth) was this a goverment/private job as i m looking at are first essan baby at udon for base 25,000. baht. private. before in bangkok 6 yr ago we were paying 30,000.up.ect.... not sure about different districts pricings.? all the best. david.

Well we used a recommended Doctor outside the hospital I gave the wife the choice Thaksin 30 bht card at Government hospital or National.

So the costings were using the 30 bht card which the swife opted for, and I must say the hospital was good and my wife had the VIP room.

But if my daughter needs hospital or has problem in future I will take her private:( NAtional hosp)

I am also going to see about BUPA Family care, its new I think thye 10 bht per day.

Hey MacB,

I hope that Gloria and Be are doing well today. I have to admit that I have been more than a little busy lately as my wife goes to school 5 hours a day so I play Mr. Mom. You mentioned BUPA Family care. Is this a private insurer in Thailand that is available on an individual basis or is it associated with a organization or???

I only ask as I would be interested in getting some private coverage for my wife's parents. They are getting on and it seems that they spend too much time going back and forth to the hospital for simple diagnosis.

Thanks for any information.

Remember, Malisa is watching you Mac. :o

Mike in Seattle.

post-27383-1176181222_thumb.jpg

Hey MacB,

I hope that Gloria and Be are doing well today. I have to admit that I have been more than a little busy lately as my wife goes to school 5 hours a day so I play Mr. Mom. You mentioned BUPA Family care. Is this a private insurer in Thailand that is available on an individual basis or is it associated with a organization or???

I only ask as I would be interested in getting some private coverage for my wife's parents. They are getting on and it seems that they spend too much time going back and forth to the hospital for simple diagnosis.

Thanks for any information.

Remember, Malisa is watching you Mac. :o

Mike in Seattle.

B.U.P.A.

I am not sure if it is a UK company but it is International :

Here is the link: I have not rung them yet to get info on the Family package, but can let you know after Sonkhran unless you pursue youe self

Hi Malissa look I am eating solid food at 10 weeks old how about you

Hey Mac,

I will look up them up and see what they have to offer.

Malisa is not eating solid food yet. I am wanting to keep her on the teet as long as possible as it leaves me out of the feeding loop :o

It is strange that different countries advocate different times to start infants on solid food. In the U.S. the doctors seem to recommend 4-6 months at the earliest while still breast feeding.

I know grandma told my wife to start her on rice and bananas at 45 days.

She will get there. It is much cleaner though at the moment. My dog is so looking forward to the solid food move as he knows that more food ends on baby's face and on the floor than in baby's stomach. :D

Cheers.

Mike in Seattle

Have a good holiday. We will be at temple on Saturday and Sunday during the day and I will be sitting in the hottub drinking beer during the evenings.

Hey Mac,

I checked out BUPA, B.U.P.A. Insurance Plans, and it seems a little expensive for the folks back in Thailand. It is most likely due to their age, 60 and 65.

The least expensive plan was ₤430 per month and the best plan was ₤780 per month for the both of them. My wife would never go for that as it would be cheaper to move them to the U.S. and place them on my company medical plan.

Thanks for the information though.

Till Later

Mike in Seattle

Hey Mac,

I checked out BUPA, B.U.P.A. Insurance Plans, and it seems a little expensive for the folks back in Thailand. It is most likely due to their age, 60 and 65.

The least expensive plan was ₤430 per month and the best plan was ₤780 per month for the both of them. My wife would never go for that as it would be cheaper to move them to the U.S. and place them on my company medical plan.

Thanks for the information though.

Till Later

Mike in Seattle

Hi mike well the other plans a with www.thaihealth.com I did take a 6 month plan out which gave me cover for 300.000 bht etc but I am not sure which way to go now at the moment.

Cant get Gloria on the bottle yet she hates the plastic teats I got my Cousin Ron getting me some Extra soft teats from Mother Care Paragon Centre in Bkk.

Have a good you one you lot

Mac

Dear Macb

I though you are not allow to give a baby solid until they are 5-6 months old. My first one had her solid at five and a half months old. My second now 13 weeks only on her bottle. When I was in England. I went to see Thai-Issan lady in Ely. She fed her little girl with banana. The mid wife was so surprise and adviced her not to give the baby anymore banana. They can't digest food properly just yet !

Mike in Seattle

Cant get Gloria on the bottle yet she hates the plastic teats I got my Cousin Ron getting me some Extra soft teats from Mother Care Paragon Centre in Bkk.

Have a good you one you lot

Mac

Hi Mac

How are the extra soft teats?

TBWG :o

Hi TBWG:

Well I got to wait for Ron (cousin to bring them from Mothercare Bkk but he is not here till safter Sonkhran we got some other ones to try that said 0-3mnths but she dont like them either.

THanks for enquiring mate

WEll its 1941 hours and we just had big rain here in the Huairat Boonies : in house temp 31.5 c

The last couple of days have been overcast with slightly lower temps in the mornings : Outlook as below

WEATHER FOR THE HUAIRAT RURAL AREAS: 17-04-07 0935 hrs

Well in the garden at 0600 hrs Temp was 20 c : Its overcast with hazey sunshine breeze from the SW.

Recently we had some good rains:

AS mentioned before I always take the weather outlook from the Following weather link I find it to be pretty spot on

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48432.html

WEATHER UPDATE FOR THE HUAIRAT AREAS 1825 HRS 21-04-07

THunder Storm this afternoon heavy rain Power outage for about 3 hours, there has been several substantial showers/stroms recently in the area

hi Disting

just one thing if you ever go to pattaya thedisks are abo0ut half the price of the web site you have linked to if yougo to the DVD floor in TukCom they have the same selection there, also if you contact MLB he has quite a collection of my DVDs that I lend him and he will probably let you borrow a few from there so long as they get returned :o

Welcome to the forum by the way

Thanks for that.

I dont spend much time in Pattaya, but on my next leave I am doing 3 nights at Jomtien so I may have to go check that out. Where is Tukcom. Sounds like my kind of place if they have alll those titles there.

Also, does anyone know of a decent second hand book shop in Pattaya. Need to stock up a bit. Last time I was at Jomtien my mate showed me one on post office soi but it wasnt all that good. Not a great selection.

Well over the last two days have been at the Wedding of 'Binnsy' and 'Dow'

I have done a seperate Topic about the wedding, but in one place there were four Thaivisa members

myself 'Diablo-Bob Andylee and Binnsy here the proof

And heres a link to the Wedding Album in the Gallery that I put together

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?au...m&album=667

Edited by macb

Well over the last two days have been at the Wedding of 'Binnsy' and 'Dow'

I have done a seperate Topic about the wedding, but in one place there were four Thaivisa members

myself 'Diablo-Bob Andylee and Binnsy here the proof

And heres a link to the Wedding Album in the Gallery that I put together

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?au...m&album=667

WEll I messed up with Attachments so here are the 4 Thaivisa guys again

post-32485-1177502219_thumb.jpg

Weather for the Huairat Areas 1004 hrs 26/04/07

Yesterday went through to Surin and the big wind then the Heavens opened sat in the truck at Big 'C' for 30 mins waiting fore the rain to abate a bit:

Never even got to FC:

Well this morning the sun is out 27 c in the garden more rain forcast this week as per the attached forcast

post-32485-1177556936_thumb.jpg