Issan (burriram)

macb

Well I just went to look at the News Clippings to see if there was anything of interest: Well I can rely on JaiDee here's a link to a post he added regarding an explanation from the Thai Met office about the weather we are experiencing at the moment, I thought it prudent to add the link here as I use the met office to give you weather outlooks :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1477755

I also found this from the National News Bureau public Relations Dept

http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/prev...=Meteorological

Edited by macb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BURIRAM NEWS-26/08/07

Well a few days ago I was asked to provide some pics of the Big'C' and Makro developments, well on Friday I took some pics of the progress:

The first three pics are of Big "C' and the fourth is of 'Makro

post-32485-1188091678_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1188091700_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1188091716_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1188091742_thumb.jpg

BURIRAM NEWS-26/08/07

Well a few days ago I was asked to provide some pics of the Big'C' and Makro developments, well on Friday I took some pics of the progress:

post-32485-1188091678_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1188091700_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1188091716_thumb.jpgGood on you Macb. Looks like they will both be open well before Christmas. How do i get there from the existing big shopping centre? :D:D:o:D

post-32485-1188091742_thumb.jpg

Before i want buy a house in 'Baan Tararom' , but now they do build the Big C in the front of 'Baan Tararom".

I am happy i not do, because i have now buy a house in 'Ban Suang Klang Muang 2' near the Rama I Monument (the big elephant)

In the first two weeks of oktober i do live there with my wife ( she work on Court of Buriram) for holiday.

Before i want buy a house in 'Baan Tararom' , but now they do build the Big C in the front of 'Baan Tararom".

I am happy i not do, because i have now buy a house in 'Ban Suang Klang Muang 2' near the Rama I Monument (the big elephant)

In the first two weeks of oktober i do live there with my wife ( she work on Court of Buriram) for holiday.

When will u be moving to your new home? I am certain u will enjoy your new home. Glad to have u in the neighberhood.

I am Joost Jongen from Holland and my wife live already in our new home, but i have to work an other few years before i can live there with my wife.

When you come inside the resort, my house is the first and still the only on the right side., my neighbour on the other side of the street is also from Holland and i know already more people from Holland who live in the neighbour of Buriram.

I hope to meet some farang neighbours in oktober, i come now three years two times a year for holiday in Buriram and before i sleep in Wong Tong Hotel or Thepnakorn Hotel and now from 29 september i go sleep for the first time in my new home.

BURIRAM NEWS-26/08/07

Thanks Mac

Making great progress, won't be long until there will be lots of dumped shopping trolley's all over Buriram!! :o

TBWG :D

I am Joost Jongen from Holland and my wife live already in our new home, but i have to work an other few years before i can live there with my wife.

When you come inside the resort, my house is the first and still the only on the right side., my neighbour on the other side of the street is also from Holland and i know already more people from Holland who live in the neighbour of Buriram.

I hope to meet some farang neighbours in oktober, i come now three years two times a year for holiday in Buriram and before i sleep in Wong Tong Hotel or Thepnakorn Hotel and now from 29 september i go sleep for the first time in my new home.

Welcome jokarr :D

Welcome to the Issan Forum. No more hotels!! Good to sleep in your own house now.

TBWG :o

Welcome to Buriram that means we are BUMS for short so I am told : Enjoy your new home a warm welcome for you and your partner/family

WEATHER UP-DATE AS IT IS RIGHT NOW 1946HRS 30/08/2007

At this very moment in time it is raining steadily as it did last night:

The days are hot and humid and I would hazard a guess it is this type of weather that brings the rain at night of course good for the rice:

Yesterday was very hot with no wind, the change in temperatures from damp to hot then humid is bringing about a lot of colds and chests infections. These type of colds or viruses can very quickly turn to Bronchitis as it did with my 7 month old daughter despite medicine, but I then took her to see the paediatrician at Buriram Private Hospital very good doctor and very thorough, now my daughter is much better, so don't mess about if your kids get coughs and runny noses get them to the best doctor

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=33

WEATHER UP-DATE AS IT IS RIGHT NOW 1931HRS 06/09/2007

Well the last few days have been pretty dry, with showers mostly at night but not recently: Today I had a run with a mate and his wife to Khap Cheong we did hit a downpour on the return journey but did not last long:

Yesterday evening I went with my strimmer cutting grass as a local farmer had decided the grass was growing more than the rice, this is not a good sign loads of local folks were cutting for there livestock so I took the niece with me and cut and she racked for mother-in-law's cattle. We cut leaving about 6 ins to try and let the rice grow again, not a good sign.

I think yields will be poor this year

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=33

Anybody know what the latest is on the opening of Makro in Buriram? My girlfriend heard they were

going to open this weekend or is that wishful thinking?

No that is wishful thinking, I think Makro will be 1st but no indications as yet: Ealier I did post that I had a email from

Big 'C' in response to my query on an opening date. THere reply was quick they di anticipate celebrating the GRand Opening before the end of the Year :

I am Wondering if they are going for a Xmas opening as they did with the Surin Store, but I would hazard a guess ay Makro opening in October and Big 'C' November as they have more preparation to do display wise inside the store :

I am Wondering if they are going for a Xmas opening as they did with the Surin Store, but I would hazard a guess ay Makro opening in October and Big 'C' November as they have more preparation to do display wise inside the store :

Don't forget the 'how to keep the customer happy' training sessions for the internal staff, and the 'good use of a whistle' for the external ones..

If they get that right it will be two things......

1. It'll take a while.

2. It'll be a first.

:o:D

Don't forget the 'how to keep the customer happy' training sessions for the internal staff, and the 'good use of a whistle' for the external ones..

If they get that right it will be two things......

1. It'll take a while.

2. It'll be a first.

:D :D

Maybe we could do some busking there :o:D

Went past the Macro today. Sign is up and stock trucks were unloading drink etc so the are stocking up already. I have it from a fairly good source that it will open on the 18th this month or close to that. Hope it does. Alegedly, Big C to open next month but they will have to get their fingers out to do that. I think our one will be pretty much the same size as the Surin Big C.Would be nice to get a Subway chain in there instead of the normal pizza or KFC outlet. The wife is praying for a MK.

What do you guys think the chances of Tweeket surviving once both macro and Big C are open. I cant see it lasting too long myself. They are so disorganised in there. Always moving the stuff around and never consistent with what they have.

What do you guys think the chances of Tweeket surviving once both macro and Big C are open. I cant see it lasting too long myself. They are so disorganised in there. Always moving the stuff around and never consistent with what they have.

Apart from being disorganised, the food prices are generally considerably higher than Big C -especially fresh food. Several times I have seen row after row of fresh vegetables priced at "0". When taken to be weighed ther are astronomically expensive.

May well survive due to the cinema which attracts most of the towns youngsters. But on a much reduced scale

Apart from being disorganised, the food prices are generally considerably higher than Big C -especially fresh food. Several times I have seen row after row of fresh vegetables priced at "0". When taken to be weighed ther are astronomically expensive.

May well survive due to the cinema which attracts most of the towns youngsters. But on a much reduced scale

I have heard, from someone, who knows somebody, there is related to a friend, who goes to the same hair-dresser as the boss from tweeket, that there have been talks about a joint-venture or take-over by Tesco/Lotus.. If it's true ??? I dont know.

Regards

hi i just joined TV ,1st forum question is where can i buy good beef steak to cook at home???? :o

The steak from Twikits the Thai supermkt is not bad located on the main drag out of town as iuf travelling towards Korat, there not huge pieces but cook and taste good great on the BBQ

I have heard, from someone, who knows somebody, there is related to a friend, who goes to the same hair-dresser as the boss from tweeket, that there have been talks about a joint-venture or take-over by Tesco/Lotus.. If it's true ??? I dont know.

Regards

The mention of Tesco and Twikits has been queried before think its a wait and see job, or get more up-dates from the hairdressers :o

Big day Saturday 15th sept. Makro opening. A place to avoid for a week or 10 days!

The new bread shop run by a Kiwi and his wife has excellent wholewheat bread for 60bt (3obt small loaf). Apple pie very good too. bread baked Monday Wednesday and Friday. no kate and sidney pies though.

Looked in at the new kids entertainment place and swimming pools just past makro and chevrolet. looks good. Spoke to the boss. Says it has been iopen 4 weeks and is busy weekends. 50bt admission 30bt for kids. Worth a look!

Iambabababor

Some good info there mate well done that's what the Topic is all about : I will take the family kids look at the play area as well :

Well last night it rained and right now its raining again

If any one sees any size 11 or 12 Wellies let me know I got size 10 but a but small

If any one sees any size 11 or 12 Wellies let me know I got size 10 but a but small

Hey Mac

Just cut a hole in the toecap...job done :o

ha ha ha but that will let me toes out but what will it let in mmmmmmmmmm

Hey Mac

Just cut a hole in the toecap...job done :o

ha ha ha but that will let me toes out but what will it let in mmmmmmmmmm

Thought there might be a snag! :D

I spy with my little eye something begining with "A".... King Harold, Hastings 1066

TBWG.. your conundrum at the bottom of your page commanded a response 'I spy with my little eye something beginning with '...............Wellington well I thought it was conducive to my request

Edited by macb