Issan (burriram)

macb

BURIRAM WEATHER UP-DATE 10-08 2007 1158 HRS

What's weather doing in the village at this moment in time :

Well we got big wind from the S.E. which is very pleasant the morning started off sunny which is the 1st time for several days. Now it is overcast with hazy sunshine , just had look out the door and one would think maybe more showers but maybe the wind is too strong : !!

The Thai met office link states 40 % possibility of rain :

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=33

So for the benefit of my pal TBWG its not raining at the moment in the village area

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the attraction of Buriram??? I may be wrong, but I get the impression that there are quite a few Farangs in the Buriram region - why???? Is there something special about Buriram that attracts so many (??) people there??? Or I am I totally mistaken????????? :o

What is the attraction of Buriram??? I may be wrong, but I get the impression that there are quite a few Farangs in the Buriram region - why???? Is there something special about Buriram that attracts so many (??) people there??? Or I am I totally mistaken????????? :o

I am not sure whether to reply to your Questions marks or your questions :

Ifyou have read all the Topics relating to Issan of which Buriram is part all your questions will be answered :

Yes there are a lot of Farangs in the Buriram area , some you get to meet and some want to keep there own privacy :

Can I ask you what the definition of HUH is :

Edited by macb

Well if you never been to Buriram province or are interested in its history culture and geographical location I have found some links for your perusal :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buriram_Province

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/5101/buriram.htm

http://www.bangkoksite.com/BuriRam/Buriram1.htm

http://www.thailandguidebook.com/provinces/buri_ram.html

http://www.thailandguidebook.com/buriram/

Weather at the moment overcast dry sunny spells in house temp 32c outside in the shade of my Gazebo 30c

Here is your outlook link from the Thai Met office

Tomorrow I am in Town and will get an up-date on the Big 'C' and Makro progress

Edited by macb

I´ve read a lot of this thread and various other mails but was just wondering, whether there are really so many people in the Buriram area as it appears..... and was simply wondering why Buriram???? I´m not implying anything more in my questions....... :D I hit on the HUH randomly... it could just as well have been a .... :o

Is lunch at the BB, I may be in town tomorrow too.

I will be going into to town with Andy from the next village, its our snooker day will be at the Thepnakorn Hotel having a few frames then normally lunch at Bamboo because I get on well with the family but BB okay as well, I will pm you my mobile number mate about time we met its only been 3 yrs I think LOL

I´ve read a lot of this thread and various other mails but was just wondering, whether there are really so many people in the Buriram area as it appears..... and was simply wondering why Buriram???? I´m not implying anything more in my questions....... :D I hit on the HUH randomly... it could just as well have been a .... :o

No problem I can be a bit frosty at times, maybe I am protective of Buriram :

Well lets wait and see what other posters might reply from this area, before I pass comment, a simple answer is our wives/partners/girlfriends are from here :

Is lunch at the BB, I may be in town tomorrow too.

I will be going into to town with Andy from the next village, its our snooker day will be at the Thepnakorn Hotel having a few frames then normally lunch at Bamboo because I get on well with the family but BB okay as well, I will pm you my mobile number mate about time we met its only been 3 yrs I think LOL

I stayed in this hotel Thepnakorn the last time i was in Buriram ,if anyone ever needs a hotel is buriram i will recomend it . Rooms very clean good breakfast , staff were nice , think i paid 700 baht a night which imho is good value .

JB

Buriram news

Big "C' Makro update as promised:

Well I think Makro is on track for opening I would hazard a guess and aim at October sometime :

Big "C" Well the car parking is well under way the roof is having finishing touches and I see the front glass in place and the doors: Let me plumb for November with this store ;

Well today I met Thaddeus after three years or more of conversing in way or another, well I think his suspicions were confirmed (I look like a bulldog licking urine of a nettle)

We did discover that we have one thing in common we both like doing the laundry :o

Twikits the Thai Supermarket is having a Svensons built , obviously with the new stores being built they need to add more, but in general its a nice store now for shopping andthey stock a lot of Farang foods as well

We did discover that we have one thing in common we both like doing the laundry :D

I don't remember either of us actually admitting to enjoying it ....... but we do both like the clothes to remain the same colour as the day of purchase :D

Can confirm what Mac says, The Big C work is coming along nicely (we were in the same car.... thanks for the lift Andy) Makro is a smaller development and may be finished first.

Welcome to the twentieth century Buriram :o

P.S. the last line was tongue in cheek.

We did discover that we have one thing in common we both like doing the laundry :D

I don't remember either of us actually admitting to enjoying it ....... but we do both like the clothes to remain the same colour as the day of purchase :D

Can confirm what Mac says, The Big C work is coming along nicely (we were in the same car.... thanks for the lift Andy) Makro is a smaller development and may be finished first.

Welcome to the twentieth century Buriram :o

P.S. the last line was tongue in cheek.

Mac my compliments to you. You really do start some very good and interesting posts. I have the intention to contribute more to them but still working full time and don't have a lot of spare time. Spend a lot of time travelling throughout SE Asia. At age 68, by the time i get home I am pooped and just want to put my feet up.

We get into BR pretty often and normally shop at the "big shop" as my wife calls it on the way into town from highway 226.

We haven't had a chance to check out the new shops yet. My wife has membership of Makro from Chiang Rai so no doubt that will be on the list in future.

Hope we can catch up some time. Maybe an ice cream at Svensons!!!

Cheers,

Bicko

Friends in Buriram,

This post titled "How about a Buriram forum here" now about 50 pages of responses contains a lot of information which is of interest to all of us in ajoining Isaan provinces.

Macb's Buriram News and Buriram Weather posts are good as well as other posts on various subjects. The problem is, at this point, most of the subjects covered have little to do with "How about a Buriram forum here" and it is difficult to find specific subjects in so many threads. For example, a new post for Buriram News, Buriram Weather, Macb's House in Buriram, Well in Buriram, et. al. sure would make it easier to pickup on posts of interest to us all.

Lots of great posts from Buriram guys so keep them coming but please consider my suggestions above.

Roiet Jimmy

Edited by roietjimmy

Friends in Buriram,

This post titled "How about a Buriram forum here" now about 50 pages of responses contains a lot of information which is of interest to all of us in ajoining Isaan provinces.

Macb's Buriram News and Buriram Weather posts are good as well as other posts on various subjects. The problem is, at this point, most of the subjects covered have little to do with "How about a Buriram forum here" and it is difficult to find specific subjects in so many threads. For example, a new post for Buriram News, Buriram Weather, Macb's House in Buriram, Well in Buriram, et. al. sure would make it easier to pickup on posts of interest to us all.

Lots of great posts from Buriram guys so keep them coming but please consider my suggestions above.

Roiet Jimmy

It is understood what you are saying : But what happened was I had not been on The Forum long and thought I would start a Topic investigating the chances of a Buriram Forum :

But the Topic expanded into subjects relating to the Buriram area, then I decided to add weather and news etc.

Most viewers now know what contents are contained within the Topic, I did not expect it to receive so much attention or expand in anyway : So I am hesitant to change it : I think adding individual Topics would be taking up unnecessary Megabytes on the Forum and some of the Topics like weather and news would drop down the popularity scale.

Friends in Buriram,

Roiet Jimmy

It is understood what you are saying : But what happened was I had not been on The Forum long and thought I would start a Topic investigating the chances of a Buriram Forum :

But the Topic expanded into subjects relating to the Buriram area, then I decided to add weather and news etc.

Most viewers now know what contents are contained within the Topic, I did not expect it to receive so much attention or expand in anyway : So I am hesitant to change it : I think adding individual Topics would be taking up unnecessary Megabytes on the Forum and some of the Topics like weather and news would drop down the popularity scale.

:o As my wife always says "Up to you".

I´ll risk it again and make another comment...... in the hope of not being jumped upon again.......... :D I asked a few posts back how many people were actually in Buriram - and why - because I read various posts on Buriram but can´t make out from the mass of postings just why so many of you are in Buriram...... yes, your wives are there, as macb said..... but why, for example, are comparatively few people in the Nong Bua Lamphu area?? Can´t answer the question myself... it´s probably a dumb one..... :D ...no doubt down to sheer coincidence, nothing else. On the other hand Udon Thani is swarming with them......... obviously a more attractive place.....

May I, however, venture to suggest that the thread would perhaps be better - and more readable - if there weren´t daily weather reports ......... I mean........ it´s not as if the weather is really changeable in Thailand....... :o It really is a case of hot, hotter or hottest.......... :D No disrespect meant, macb..... just my humble opinion...... :D

I´ll risk it again and make another comment...... in the hope of not being jumped upon again.......... :D I asked a few posts back how many people were actually in Buriram - and why - because I read various posts on Buriram but can´t make out from the mass of postings just why so many of you are in Buriram...... yes, your wives are there, as macb said..... but why, for example, are comparatively few people in the Nong Bua Lamphu area?? Can´t answer the question myself... it´s probably a dumb one..... :bah: ...no doubt down to sheer coincidence, nothing else. On the other hand Udon Thani is swarming with them......... obviously a more attractive place.....

May I, however, venture to suggest that the thread would perhaps be better - and more readable - if there weren´t daily weather reports ......... I mean........ it´s not as if the weather is really changeable in Thailand....... :o It really is a case of hot, hotter or hottest.......... :D No disrespect meant, macb..... just my humble opinion...... :bah:

Hi Nongwahyay

I think a lot of members who do not live full time in Buriram are appreciative of Macb's weather report as it helps them keep an involvement with the area.

Myself when I am out of LOS it is good to know what is happening with the weather /rain etc. How it is effecting my plants, fish, pond etc.

Asking the family I always get the same response irrespective of whether they have had a downpour or a drought! Everything OK, no ploblem :D .

TBWG :D

I´ll risk it again and make another comment...... in the hope of not being jumped upon again.......... :D I asked a few posts back how many people were actually in Buriram - and why - because I read various posts on Buriram but can´t make out from the mass of postings just why so many of you are in Buriram...... yes, your wives are there, as macb said..... but why, for example, are comparatively few people in the Nong Bua Lamphu area?? Can´t answer the question myself... it´s probably a dumb one..... :o ...no doubt down to sheer coincidence, nothing else. On the other hand Udon Thani is swarming with them......... obviously a more attractive place.....

May I, however, venture to suggest that the thread would perhaps be better - and more readable - if there weren´t daily weather reports ......... I mean........ it´s not as if the weather is really changeable in Thailand....... :o It really is a case of hot, hotter or hottest.......... :D No disrespect meant, macb..... just my humble opinion...... ;)

Hi Nongwahyay

I think a lot of members who do not live full time in Buriram are appreciative of Macb's weather report as it helps them keep an involvement with the area.

Myself when I am out of LOS it is good to know what is happening with the weather /rain etc. How it is effecting my plants, fish, pond etc.

Asking the family I always get the same response irrespective of whether they have had a downpour or a drought! Everything OK, no ploblem :D .

TBWG :bah:

If Nongwahyay is not interested in the weather :D in the Buriram area why does he bother to read Mac's posting,i agree with TBWG those of us who are not at present in the Buriram area find the weather reports that are posted of interest as more often or not a telephone call to loved ones will get the No Problem/Fine/Ok response.

Carry on POSTING. :bah:

I´ll risk it again and make another comment...... in the hope of not being jumped upon again.......... :D I asked a few posts back how many people were actually in Buriram - and why - because I read various posts on Buriram but can´t make out from the mass of postings just why so many of you are in Buriram...... yes, your wives are there, as macb said..... but why, for example, are comparatively few people in the Nong Bua Lamphu area?? Can´t answer the question myself... it´s probably a dumb one..... :o ...no doubt down to sheer coincidence, nothing else. On the other hand Udon Thani is swarming with them......... obviously a more attractive place.....

May I, however, venture to suggest that the thread would perhaps be better - and more readable - if there weren´t daily weather reports ......... I mean........ it´s not as if the weather is really changeable in Thailand....... :o It really is a case of hot, hotter or hottest.......... :D No disrespect meant, macb..... just my humble opinion...... ;)

Hi Nongwahyay

TBWG :bah:

If Nongwahyay is not interested in the weather :D in the Buriram area why does he bother to read Mac's posting,i agree with TBWG those of us who are not at present in the Buriram area find the weather reports that are posted of interest as more often or not a telephone call to loved ones will get the No Problem/Fine/Ok response.

Carry on POSTING. :bah:

oi...mate... I´m interested in reading items from people all over Isaan...... you can´t tell me I should go elsewhere and read, just because I don´t like the weather reports..... I accept it´s ok, if a lot of people are interested...... I was only expressing an opinion in a civil manner....... are Buriram people shirty, by any chance?????? :D (only joking...... )

You may find other parts of Thailand that are more physically attractive, but most falangs

in Buriram have ladys that come from there. that's why they are there, really not too hard to

understand, is it?

I don't mind the weather reports, as was said, those of us that are not there full time like to

get a second opinion, rather then the everything is fine or hot response from our ladies.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more pictures posted. It would be nice to see how the big store

builds are progressing, etc. Carry on

NONGWAHYAY

Comments and freedom of speech are of course exceptable providing there is nothing that contravenes the rules of the Forum :

Content I post here is for all the viewers information and also at the request of folks that live in Buriram but work in the home country or around the Globe but need to know local news:

So your request for weather reports which are not as frequent now to be edited out is denied( Strange you have not passed comment on the pinned weather link)as you are not a Native of Buriram : As I said before all your questions could have been answered yourself and if you read all the information in the Topic, I think you will find that you are the only poster that has been so called jumped upon as you call it by some of the Buriram guys :

You may find other parts of Thailand that are more physically attractive, but most falangs

in Buriram have ladys that come from there. that's why they are there, really not too hard to

understand, is it?

I don't mind the weather reports, as was said, those of us that are not there full time like to

get a second opinion, rather then the everything is fine or hot response from our ladies.

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more pictures posted. It would be nice to see how the big store

builds are progressing, etc. Carry on

When I went onto town the other day I meant to take the camera, Over the next week or so I will get some more pics and post here:

Very early on in this Topic I said there would be more pics and information around the Town this will still happen but the arrival of the new Daughter has made me a bit busy but it will happen bear with me . Any information you want just ask if I don't know I will find out

I think there are a lot of ferrang in Nonbualamphu, maybe more than Buriram, when i visited my mate, more or less every house we passed was ferrang, but most away in other countrys, in his village there were about 20, also a few japanese. you do have a Beautifull part of the world up there, as i have said before.

Macb started this Buriram forum, and it is good, weather report interesting etc, why do you not start a new topic, under Nonbualamphu, and see how many guys reply.

I for one enjoy the village weather report. I would much rather see more weather reports than Thai bashing.

Besides I like to know if my trees and rice are receiving rain when I am in Bangkok. :D

:o If last night and today are any indication your trees and rice are getting all the water they need.

Macb

Keep it up mate. Is good to hear news/weather from home when there are some of us away working in pretty horrible places. Am only away for 6 weeks at a time but coms with the missus is hard as the phones are so bad where I work.

It doesnt take much to realise why so many of us live here. Wife from the area and husband works away. Wife has family around when husband away = happy wife. Plus its a nice quiet area to relax in.

Macb

Keep it up mate. Is good to hear news/weather from home when there are some of us away working in pretty horrible places. Am only away for 6 weeks at a time but coms with the missus is hard as the phones are so bad where I work.

It doesnt take much to realise why so many of us live here. Wife from the area and husband works away. Wife has family around when husband away = happy wife. Plus its a nice quiet area to relax in.

Yes you are absolutely right Disting. I also work in some pretty wierd places-Afghanistan, Pakistan, East Timor and currently in northern Sumatra which is the best posting i've had for some time. I really appreciate macb's weather news, My current location is an accompanied posting so my wife is with me. We own a lot of farming land in Buri Ram so of course she is desperate to be up to date on the weather. She is a very happy lady this week with all the rain. We plan to be home for harvest just to make sure it all goes into OUR baan khao!!!.

Thanks Mac and i got your PM.

My wife and I have a place near Surin. Eventually we will move there to live.

It would be nice to have a central chatroom to tap-the-brains of expats that are already there. North and South Issan seem very different to be grouped together: go figure.

Does anybody know if the water irrigation plans for several of the villages in South Issan will be restarted soon? The new government shut down all of the projects that were going on close to home: I wonder where the money went?

The distribution of rubber trees seemed to fizzle out this year after there was so much effort put into that project. From what I understand there will not be a distribution next year as originally planned. We were able to get the trees to "our" village only after several letters were sent to the right government officials.

Does anybody there feel that last years government change has slowed or even reversed the progress that was being made to the infrastructures of South Issan villages (as well as the cities)? I was sad to see many of the projects in the village canceled due to lack of funds. What's up with that?

Macb

I know what you mean about Khmer; it is spoken on "our" village. It seems that a farang tongue in just not made to move that way. Srol boll rak oui.

Edited by Astropuppy

WEATHER UP-DATE AS IT IS RIGHT NOW 0804 HRS 17/08/2007

Well this is just to let you guys know that its still raining, this means that in the Buriram and Huairat areas it has now been a constant steady rain for the last 17 hours : If the THai Met office are correct it is going to stay like this into next week, this is due to weather activities in the South China and Adaman Seas :

On the framing side I think it will be a poor yield this year unless mother nature gives us a helping hand, we need more water in the rice fields so that the 1st application of Fertilizer can be administered until now this has been delayed due to no rain. My wife yesterday stated not enough water in the Fill yet for Fertilizer.