Issan (burriram)

macb

Weather outloook for the next fews days 1902 hrs 27th April 2007

Well today has been overcast with a breeze NNE : Tmps around 32 c

Here is a link to see the outlook for trhe next few days, tyhink we will be in foe some more storms looking at the link;

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buriram area weather report 0855 hrs 28-04-07

Well can make this a bit more localised now with weather links for Buriram and Surin:

At the moment nice breeze from the NNE sunshine some scattered cloud Temp 28 c in the shade

Buriram weather link

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=33

Surin weather link

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=32

Let me know if this is better (I appreciate that Jai Dee has pinned weather links for you)

Edited by macb

Dear Macb

I though you are not allow to give a baby solid until they are 5-6 months old. My first one had her solid at five and a half months old. My second now 13 weeks only on her bottle. When I was in England. I went to see Thai-Issan lady in Ely. She fed her little girl with banana. The mid wife was so surprise and adviced her not to give the baby anymore banana. They can't digest food properly just yet !

Hi.

I think it is a matter of opinion. We gave solids to our 1st daughter at 5 months and our 2nd from 3 months. My wife who is Thai wanted to give solids earlier but decided not to after advice from midwife and family etc. Although in Thailand particularly in the villages (from my experience) babies are weaned a lot earlier. I don't think it would be a problem as this tradition hasn't obviously affected the Thais anywise they wouldn't be doing it.

Arn't having kids wonderfull!! :-)

Cheers,

Matt.

Dear Macb

I though you are not allow to give a baby solid until they are 5-6 months old. My first one had her solid at five and a half months old. My second now 13 weeks only on her bottle. When I was in England. I went to see Thai-Issan lady in Ely. She fed her little girl with banana. The mid wife was so surprise and adviced her not to give the baby anymore banana. They can't digest food properly just yet !

Hi.

I think it is a matter of opinion. We gave solids to our 1st daughter at 5 months and our 2nd from 3 months. My wife who is Thai wanted to give solids earlier but decided not to after advice from midwife and family etc. Although in Thailand particularly in the villages (from my experience) babies are weaned a lot earlier. I don't think it would be a problem as this tradition hasn't obviously affected the Thais anywise they wouldn't be doing it.

Arn't having kids wonderfull!! :-)

Cheers,

Matt.

WEll our daughter now 3 months old and a bit is on baby food and banana and breast milk and she is looking good as well.

We Still cant get her on the bottle, I got a mate coming over from UK today and he has some teats from Boots UK, so we will try them ,shs drinks from a spoon and eats from a spoon but bottles she want accept at the moment

Big C, Makro Buriram- What else?

Have just returned home from a morning in Buriram, and was delighted to see Big C and Makro abuilding. Who will win the race, and will it be before New Year?

However, on my return to Prakhonchai, I turned left at the lights after passing the 2 new stores, and about halfway from the first lights to the next set on the Buriram - Prakhonchai road, there is further construction taking place, This is a huge site, (looks bigger than either Makro or Big C), and the main building is set further back from the road than the other 2 stores. Could this be Lotus, Carrefour of something else?

As an aside, can anyone in the Buriram area advise whether there are any farang get-togethers on a regular basis in Buriram. There is a monday meeting in Ban Kruat and every friday a few farangs meet in the market at Prakhonchai. Anything else on offer?

Have just returned home from a morning in Buriram, and was delighted to see Big C and Makro abuilding. Who will win the race, and will it be before New Year?

However, on my return to Prakhonchai, I turned left at the lights after passing the 2 new stores, and about halfway from the first lights to the next set on the Buriram - Prakhonchai road, there is further construction taking place, This is a huge site, (looks bigger than either Makro or Big C), and the main building is set further back from the road than the other 2 stores. Could this be Lotus, Carrefour of something else?

As an aside, can anyone in the Buriram area advise whether there are any farang get-togethers on a regular basis in Buriram. There is a monday meeting in Ban Kruat and every friday a few farangs meet in the market at Prakhonchai. Anything else on offer?

Hi mate you missed this input

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1237231

But asides from that meeting places theres is the Bamboo Bar but they are all clicky there in my opinion because they never acknowledge you as you walk in. There a new Ozzie guy opened a bar there is a Topic on here but its not off the ground properly yet but has pool table etc.

I will have a look for this New development next time I am in town there was rumour of Tesco or Carefour as well

Edited by macb

Hi prakhonchai nick

Although Makro cash and carry started building after Big C, the 2IC of the Surin shop, assures me that they will be open in November :o I have no idea when Big C's opening date is.

The place under construction you mentioned is actually the KAP cement companies new site. They are relocating from in town. Its a huge project (and site) and when you add that to the above, as well as all the new vehicle dealerships being / already built and the continuous ongoing estates and shophouse construction............. I think Buriram is really booming :D

Hi mate you missed this input

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1237231

But asides from that meeting places theres is the Bamboo Bar but they are all clicky there in my opinion because they never acknowledge you as you walk in. There a new Ozzie guy opened a bar there is a Topic on here but its not off the ground properly yet but has pool table etc.

I will have a look for this New development next time I am in town there was rumour of Tesco or Carefour as well

Hi all :o ,

I'd be interested to learn of any other meeting places. Every time I go back to Prakhonchai it seems as though there are more and more Ferang. Does any one know how many Ferang live in Prakhonchai? Got to be quite a few. Obviously some of those are probably holiday makers etc.

Cheers,

Matt.

Edited by Matthew31140

BURIRAM WEATHER 0828 HRS 10/05/07

Well I am starting to wonder if the rainey season is upon us early this year, there has been rain off and on for at least a fortnight now.

Certainly the farmers are bust ploughing fields ready for sowing: and indeed some have planted already.

At this moment in time it is overcast with sun making an effort to bless us with its prescence, but for now here is the outlook link which you will see forecasts more rain

:o Many thanks Mac for all those pictures that you posted on here it enabled those members of my family to see the pictures of my wedding party.I found it quite amazing how everyone gathered round and helped the party go well the ladies cooking men with the beer the people who put up the stage and then dismantled it more or less overnight.When i first saw the stage going up it was like there was going to be a rock concert.The Thai wedding is a great occasion and i never had a clue as to how much it ment to the village people.I have not forgotten that i owe you 200 baht which allowed me through the silver and gold gates as i walked down the road.I thought that we were getting a monks blessing in the temple.It still seems a bit odd to have the music on the day before the blessing.It was good to see both you and Bee and Andy and Paa with your new additions to your family.Sitting here now at my desk i cannot wait till i am out there permently as right now i am :D and that is putting it mildly.Once again thanks for all you done.

regards

binnsy

:D

Hi Binnsy:

Your more than welcome and thanks for allowing me and my wife to be part of your Festivities:

What a great Family you have all so friendly and welcoming also your mates that came along, if any of them want to contact me at al give them my email. Give my regards to all of them and say hi to Bob we seemed to get on well and have a laugh, stay in touch mate and say hi to Dow for us.

Hi prakhonchai nick

Although Makro cash and carry started building after Big C, the 2IC of the Surin shop, assures me that they will be open in November :o I have no idea when Big C's opening date is.

The place under construction you mentioned is actually the KAP cement companies new site. They are relocating from in town. Its a huge project (and site) and when you add that to the above, as well as all the new vehicle dealerships being / already built and the continuous ongoing estates and shophouse construction............. I think Buriram is really booming :D

Sure, Buri-Ram is booming.....Kind of strange isen't, so many years with no really progress, then Newin loses his iron-grip on the local politics, and a-bra-kada-bra, the town starts growing......co-insidence ????

Tilapia.

It was me, I am assuming this is IQ it is a huge complex that has been under development since 2004, now they are atthe stage of having deliveries arrive, It looks very similiar to the Surin IQ if it is not it is still going to be big

It was me, I am assuming this is IQ it is a huge complex that has been under development since 2004, now they are atthe stage of having deliveries arrive, It looks very similiar to the Surin IQ if it is not it is still going to be big

Is it the project across R/S croncrete on the road to Satuk ???

Tilapia.

New Hardware Store in Buriram. The name of the store is Ruengsuk (Construction) Korsang. It is next to the Coca Cola Bottler on the road between the Large multi Story Hotel (Thepnnkorn Hotel) and the failed Multi Story Hotel. This is actually the warehouse and future "showroom" of a very established family building supplies business in Downtown Buriram. It has been open for many months as our builder has sourced many items from this store and the same owners downtown store. This store has good prices on quality building materials and the woman who owns and manages the downtown "old" store speaks and UNDERSTANDS English. The downtown store is on the same road as the Caltex Station. It is on the same side of the street as the new Farang restaurant, just closer to downtown.

It has been our experience to have our builder compare prices with this store and Home Mart. The two daughters who help their parents operate Buriram Home Mart, Khun "O" and Khun "A" speak and understand English. They realize we compare prices with the "new" Ruengsuk Construction store and they both carry some of the same brands of higher quality building materials. Both Buriram Home Mart and Ruengsuk Construction Korsang have reasonable return policies. In both stores they actually carry a far wider selection of building products and home fixtures, but many items are not on display. They both seem to have catalogs, but the new larger "warehouse store" next to Coca Cola did not have the broad selection of catalogs as did the older store downtown or Home Mart. We are building a home in a small town near Buriram that has several hardware stores, but either of these large stores in Buriram will deliver to our building site at no extra fee.

New Hardware Store in Buriram. Ruengsuk (Construction) Korsang.

Many thanks for the info. I will take a look in there shortly and compare prices with IQ in Surin. Has anyone noticed that since they opened last year. IQ have brought in many more cheaper items. previously they were very up-market.

New Hardware Store in Buriram. The name of the store is Ruengsuk (Construction) Korsang. It is next to the Coca Cola Bottler on the road between the Large multi Story Hotel (Thepnnkorn Hotel) and the failed Multi Story Hotel. This is actually the warehouse and future "showroom" of a very established family building supplies business in Downtown Buriram. It has been open for many months as our builder has sourced many items from this store and the same owners downtown store. This store has good prices on quality building materials and the woman who owns and manages the downtown "old" store speaks and UNDERSTANDS English. The downtown store is on the same road as the Caltex Station. It is on the same side of the street as the new Farang restaurant, just closer to downtown.

It has been our experience to have our builder compare prices with this store and Home Mart. The two daughters who help their parents operate Buriram Home Mart, Khun "O" and Khun "A" speak and understand English. They realize we compare prices with the "new" Ruengsuk Construction store and they both carry some of the same brands of higher quality building materials. Both Buriram Home Mart and Ruengsuk Construction Korsang have reasonable return policies. In both stores they actually carry a far wider selection of building products and home fixtures, but many items are not on display. They both seem to have catalogs, but the new larger "warehouse store" next to Coca Cola did not have the broad selection of catalogs as did the older store downtown or Home Mart. We are building a home in a small town near Buriram that has several hardware stores, but either of these large stores in Buriram will deliver to our building site at no extra fee.

Hi

Did Buriram area suffer any tremors from the Laos earthquake?

In other words did the earth move for you !!!!

TBWG :D

1. Great thanks for trhe up-date re DIY store:

2. No the earth did not move :o

BURIRAM WEATHER 0814 HRS 18/05/07

WEll we certainly in the Rainy Season Early this year: Yesterday was a Sunny day, but the night before there was big rain alnight: This morning we are starting out with Sunshine:

Yesterday Running into Buriram from Huairat there is a River/Stream that is bridged but there had been to much rain that it had overflowed into the local Rice fields, but not onto the Highway:

The main road from Huairat to Buriram is once again being effected by the rain with the usual Pot holes appearing, so a warning if you use the road:

Also with the wet Season Beware as the local inhabitants of the slippery kind Ngoo (Snakes) are out and about, so keep your eyes open.

Edited by macb

A few weeks ago someone said that the new IQ store in Buriram was about to open. Can anyone confirm whether it has yet opened. When I asked staff in IQ Surin last week, nobody was even aware that they were building a store in Buriram!

[/

quote]

i dont know if we are talking about the same thing, but i recall a conversation with a very educated young thai lady, who informed me that the combined iq of the population of buriram was around 13. have to assume she was talking about the number af stores, or i would have had to take it as an insult, since i was living there at the time!

BURIRAM WEATHER 22-05-07 0859 HRS

Well the last couple of days its been hot with no rain in our area (Huairat) : The wife says wet season ending mmmmmmmmm lets wait and see , I think the rain we had early was a Bonus ; with more to come.

Breeze from the South today outside temp in the shade at 0600 hours 24 c

BURRIRAM WEATHER 28/05/07 1249 HRS

Well my wife said the rainy season had stopped as we dropped into some very hot days :

But yesterday we had some rain and about an hour ago the Heavens opened once again and it overcast with the Sun making and appearance. Temp outside in the shade 28 c

THe link suggests 40% chance of rain throught till Thursday:

Below is a pic of the Huairat location so you can see what local weather we are getting, Burriram is a big Province so the reports are for the actual Burriram Town are and surrounding villages, trhe weather link at the bottom will give you Provincial weather reports

post-32485-1180333455_thumb.jpg

Edited by macb