Issan (burriram)

macb

Nan says they have "Big Rain" today and I could hear it pounding down on their roof while speaking with her. She was happy becosue the last days she has been worried about the 4 Rai of rice she has been planting, so the rain was needed I guess :-)

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BURIRAM WEATHER 03-06-07 0905 HRS

Well each day we are getting showers still some of them pretty heavy: I was in Buriram Friday and there was a storm, but nothing in the village. Yesterday we had a downpour>

THis morning has started off reallt hot 30 cent in the house already and outside in the shade 26c at the moment:

FARMING NEWS

The rice growing is well underway now people completing there ploughing and tilling and sowing rice as well, folks are in the fields now at 1st light till dusk

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=33

BURIRAM WEATHER 03-06-07 0905

I was in Buriram Friday and there was a storm, but nothing in the village. Yesterday we had a downpour>

Hi Mac

Next time you are passing Buriram Big C/Makro a progress report would be appreciated.

FYI the weather in UK for the last month has been grim, b****y cold and constant rain showers.

Take care

TBWG :o

BURIRAM WEATHER 03-06-07 0905

I was in Buriram Friday and there was a storm, but nothing in the village. Yesterday we had a downpour>

Hi Mac

Next time you are passing Buriram Big C/Makro a progress report would be appreciated.

FYI the weather in UK for the last month has been grim, b****y cold and constant rain showers.

Take care

I am in Buriram tomorrow will have a look matey and let you know :

BIG 'C' MAKRO UPDATE

TBWG:

Sorry for the delat other duties called:

WEll had a run past the above sites yesterday.

1. Big 'C' site is well under way with some of the roofing spans being put in place :

2. Makro are also setting roofing spans :

Who will win the race to open I dont know, one would hazard a guess at Makro because therre layouts are more simple inside.

I have sent an email to Big 'C' to see if they can shed any light on completion opening dates

Edited by macb

BIG 'C' MAKRO UPDATE

TBWG:

Sorry for the delat other duties called:

WEll had a run past the above sites yesterday.

1. Big 'C' site is well under way with some of the roofing spans being put in place

2. Makro are also setting roofing spans :

Who will win the race to open I dont know, one would hazard a guess at Makro because therre layouts are more simple inside.

I have sent an email to Big 'C' to see if they can shed any light on completion opening dates

Thanks Mac

Perhaps you should run a sweepstake on who will finish first & when :o

Progress reports would be appreciated occasionaly.

Take Care ... trust family is well?

TBWG :D

Hi, T'is me, I'm back, did you all miss me???

A special Hi to all my BUM mates (short for Buriram friends, don't get the wrong idea!!). I should also include my Surin friends and cuzz-in-law, hope everyone is well. I have kept in touch with a few of you by email, but unfortunately been otherwise engaged.

However I am back and I'm sure you will all be pleased to find me once again a participating member of the Isaan section.

I actually haven't been home now for 6 weeks. My daughter in UK pulled on dad's heart strings and so I went off to stay in Chester with her for a couple of weeks at the end of April, beginning of May. I then returned to my Dubai office for a 4 week stint and I am just about to leave and return home, arriving in Bangkok Tuesday evening. Sanan is driving up to meet me and we are staying in the Big City for a couple of days, some business and catching up with friends there, home to Buriram Thursday.

I have also been tied up with the publishing of my website, just a personal one aimed at my family and friends back in UK as a way of staying in touch with them through an electronic window. That is established now and just needs regular content, so I have more time to come back to my favourite website. Come on guys............tell me you really did miss me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the last entry on this thread when I visited this evening was from TBWG, well I must tell you about a funny thing happened to me on the way to visit my daughter in UK back end of April and it shows how co-incidences can easily happen. Now I have only met TBWG one time, he came to visit me a while back in my home whilst roaming about Buriram on his motorbike. A sort of quiet and gentle chap who you would walk past without noticing in the street. Thus the reason why when I was sitting in Buriram airport I saw this guy walk to check in whilst I was waiting to go through to departures for my Bangkok flight. I hung back at security and waited for him to approach, looked at him inquisitively and said..."Is that you Dave?" He also looked at me and was not sure until I introduced myself as RayBan.

We exchanged pleasantaries and went on to board the aircraft......................completely unaware that not only had we bumped into each other......but we were actually designated seats next to each other on the aircraft ..........wow........isn't that cool. Any more stories like that out there???

Anyway Dave, great to see you again, we won't forget each other so easily in the future after that unusual re-union. I know you are away a while now, but come visit Sanan and I again soon once you get back home to Buriram.

Anyway guys..........I am now active on this thread again, although travelling home in the next couple of days.......but you can always take this opportunity here to tell me how much you missed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak again soon...............................the one and only... :o RayBan :D

A special Hi to all my BUM mates (short for Buriram friends, don't get the wrong idea!!). I should also include my Surin friends and cuzz-in-law, hope everyone is well. I have kept in touch with a few of you by email, but unfortunately been otherwise engaged.

However I am back and I'm sure you will all be pleased to find me once again a participating member of the Isaan section.

I actually haven't been home now for 6 weeks. My daughter in UK pulled on dad's heart strings and so I went off to stay in Chester with her for a couple of weeks at the end of April, beginning of May. I then returned to my Dubai office for a 4 week stint and I am just about to leave and return home, arriving in Bangkok Tuesday evening. Sanan is driving up to meet me and we are staying in the Big City for a couple of days, some business and catching up with friends there, home to Buriram Thursday.

I have also been tied up with the publishing of my website, just a personal one aimed at my family and friends back in UK as a way of staying in touch with them through an electronic window. That is established now and just needs regular content, so I have more time to come back to my favourite website. Come on guys............tell me you really did miss me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the last entry on this thread when I visited this evening was from TBWG, well I must tell you about a funny thing happened to me on the way to visit my daughter in UK back end of April and it shows how co-incidences can easily happen. Now I have only met TBWG one time, he came to visit me a while back in my home whilst roaming about Buriram on his motorbike. A sort of quiet and gentle chap who you would walk past without noticing in the street. Thus the reason why when I was sitting in Buriram airport I saw this guy walk to check in whilst I was waiting to go through to departures for my Bangkok flight. I hung back at security and waited for him to approach, looked at him inquisitively and said..."Is that you Dave?" He also looked at me and was not sure until I introduced myself as RayBan.

We exchanged pleasantaries and went on to board the aircraft......................completely unaware that not only had we bumped into each other......but we were actually designated seats next to each other on the aircraft ..........wow........isn't that cool. Any more stories like that out there???

Anyway Dave, great to see you again, we won't forget each other so easily in the future after that unusual re-union. I know you are away a while now, but come visit Sanan and I again soon once you get back home to Buriram.

Anyway guys..........I am now active on this thread again, although travelling home in the next couple of days.......but you can always take this opportunity here to tell me how much you missed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak again soon...............................the one and only... :bah: RayBan :bah:

Hi Rayban

Lucky you back in LOS, afraid weather in England has been grim since my return and still cold!

Anyway like plug above but I can assure you that after our flight together everything went down hill quickly and I was neither calm nor gentle for remainder of trip. :D

Our flight from BKK was delayed for nearly 4 hours due to the late arrival of the incoming flight, this in turn meant that we missed our connection in Dubai and consequently had a 6 hour wait, this turned into a 7 hour wait due to...you've guessed it the late arrival of the incoming flight. Still at least we are on our way.......humm.... Pilot taxi's out to runway, gets go ahead from the tower begins to spool up when a looney decides he wants to get off, stewardess's do their best to calm him however his agitated state means 2 then 4 then 5 want to get off .........so its back to the apron to unload said passengers plus their baggage.

An hour and a half later we are finally on our way, but this means we reach UK just after midnight, not a lot of incoming flights that time of night, result lot's of custom's inspectors loitering around.

Yours truly is picked out for a routine check, Oh dear 2,000 ciggies for resale confiscated, several kilos of Tuna and other indescribable smelly edible things belonging to the boss lady removed for fumigation I presume :o she was mega unhappy :D

Now an electronic note has been added to my passport saying that I have had a warning, and presumably that I am a potential international smuggler and need to be watched!! :D

Glad thats over. Well I will come and see you once we get back and already scanning sites for return tickets!!

Take care

Speak again soon...............................the one and only... :bah: RayBan :o

Speak again soon...............................the one and only... ;) RayBan :D

Hi Rayban

Lucky you back in LOS, afraid weather in England has been grim since my return and still cold!

Anyway like plug above but I can assure you that after our flight together everything went down hill quickly and I was neither calm nor gentle for remainder of trip. :D

Our flight from BKK was delayed for nearly 4 hours due to the late arrival of the incoming flight, this in turn meant that we missed our connection in Dubai and consequently had a 6 hour wait, this turned into a 7 hour wait due to...you've guessed it the late arrival of the incoming flight. Still at least we are on our way.......humm.... Pilot taxi's out to runway, gets go ahead from the tower begins to spool up when a looney decides he wants to get off, stewardess's do their best to calm him however his agitated state means 2 then 4 then 5 want to get off .........so its back to the apron to unload said passengers plus their baggage.

An hour and a half later we are finally on our way, but this means we reach UK just after midnight, not a lot of incoming flights that time of night, result lot's of custom's inspectors loitering around.

Yours truly is picked out for a routine check, Oh dear 2,000 ciggies for resale confiscated, several kilos of Tuna and other indescribable smelly edible things belonging to the boss lady removed for fumigation I presume :o she was mega unhappy :D

Now an electronic note has been added to my passport saying that I have had a warning, and presumably that I am a potential international smuggler and need to be watched!! :D

Glad thats over. Well I will come and see you once we get back and already scanning sites for return tickets!!

Take care

TBWG :bah:

Now I have read these two posts it really does prompt for one of my one liners :

WELL THIS SOUNDS LIKE A SCENE FROM A BOGEY FILM EXCEPT YOU BOTH MET AT THE AIRPORT : :D

Edited by macb

BIG 'C' UPDATE

Well first many thanks to Big 'C' Marketing Team for there prompt response to my email:

Today I received a reply to my enquiry about a Grand opening:

The context of the email informs me that whilst they cannot give me a date for the Grand opening they are anticipating this celebration by the end of this Year;

Tongue in cheek I think they will head for a Xmas opening as they did with the Surin Supercentre.

I did try an email to Makro but it would not send I will try again

BURIRAM WEATHER UPDATE 16/06/07 0901 HRS

Well its a hazy start to the morning no rain for several days now Nice breeze SSW, but still gets mighty hot as the day progresses.

Okay I am going up to Petchabun tomorrow, hopefully back on Tuesday, My computer is not 100% so going for an upgrade which my mate Mervyn is going to do, so will see you next week sometime

Well I am updating from my mates office in Petchabun:

All is good up here overcast, yesterday 10 hours work on my computer up-grading and formatting new hard drive, well I was watching MGC did all the work.

So now Another 250 gb Hard drive 1 gb memory another sound/graphics card.

Travel back to Village tomorrow:

Today add more programmes

Well I see whatris meant by Issan Forum being quiet:

Well Weather wise its pretty hot during the day with Temps going into the top 30's Centigrade: Showers off and on.

As for Big 'C' and Makro they are going strong on the construction sites, Big 'C' now removing the lets hide fencing a lot of the roof on now and Makro have nearly completed the roofing and walls are going into place.

Well heres the link for weather report

http://www.accuweather.com/world-index-for...03%7CBuriram%7C

• 2 weeks later...

Well having had nine days of being very busy with both in laws being in Hospital, things are settling down a bit with both parties now being back home, Father-in-law with his Gout who will never really be 100% and mama who is recovering from infection from a nail in the foot and not telling anyone until hospitalization was required.

Information for you re the Hospital in Huairat : Waiting time can be very long so be prepared VIP rooms cost 600 bht per night with air-con shower toilet and large settee to sit on with fridge as well.

Maid comes in daily to clean and food is availabel across the road from the Hosptal sausages chicken Som Tham etc.

The nurses are generally pretty good and have to work with the environment and equipment supplied.

The main thing is to insist if you ever have Thai/Khmer in laws hospitalized is remain there till doctor says leave, I have noticed a lot leave because they want to get back to there village before treatment is complete.

The Thaksin 30 bht card can be used the Hospital but VIP room is charged separate.

Well the weather here is overcast with a pleasant breeze but temps still going into about 30 c and Humid.

All the rice has now been planted and looks good with everywhere green where a month or so ago all was looking Barren and brown.

If you read the link below it is explanatory

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1396394

Well I cant get the weather link in slow internet

As for Big 'C' and Makro they are going strong on the construction sites, Big 'C' now removing the lets hide fencing a lot of the roof on now and Makro have nearly completed the roofing and walls are going into place.

Thanks for update Mac

TBWG:

Will keep you updated pal : Hope you aint got wet feet in the UK

Hi Mac

Not wet but webbed after all this b****y rain :o and it is not nice rain like warm Thai rain!!

BURIRAM WEATHER UPDATE 05/07/07 1032 HRS

This morning overcast with a Southerly breeze no sun out at the moment looks like a shower or two may appear temin the house 30.1 outside 29 c :

Well constantly looking for better weather links for you guys (Appreciating there is a pinned weather Topic at the top of the page)

But you get an out the door weather report here as it it as I type :

http://weather.uk.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:6753287

SIAM HOTEL

Well A can now Supply Details for you of the New Hotel that is now open and owned by my friends that also own the Bamboo Bar :

post-32485-1184246178_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1184246206_thumb.jpg

Having previewed the images they are not very clear so here are the details :

Siam Hotel 29/12 Inchan Narong Rd Muang Buriram

Tel 044-625519 625522

Directions :

From the Bamboo Bar travel along Thani Road at the 3rd Junction turn right onto Inchan Narong Rd Siam Hotel is on the Right, or from the Rail Station turn right travel along Niwat Road it eventually turns left into Inchan Road Siam Hotel is on the left :

I will be visiting at some stage and taking pictures and attending the Grand Opening party

Air conditioned rooms h/c shower cable TV. Mini Bar Bar/Restaurant I was quoted room prices at 450 bht to 650 bht per night

Edited by Totster
removed email

Just back from Big C Surin where I was talking with a senior manager.

He told me they are anticipating opening the Buriram Big C on 21st october. However this is a Sunday, and both Big C and lotus generally prefer friday openings.

3 months still to go - much work to do but possible.

BURIRAM LATEST NEWS-------- BIG 'C' AND MAKRO AND WEATHER ALL IN ONE

Well the progress of the two stores is leaping ahead Big 'C' roof on walls just about finished front sheltered car parking under construction a really busy site: Makro is further ahead than

Big "C' .

So TBWG when do you come back to LOS maybe the stores will be open I do think Makro will open before "''C' :

As for the weather its windy and raining at the moment

BURIRAM WEATHER UP-DATE 23RD JULY 2007 1843 HRS

Today has been overcast this afternoon I ran through to Surin stopped at La Bien for Thai food lunch on the way as we entered Surin it was raining :

There had also been some rain in the village :

As far the rice crops go some a looking a bit on the yellow side because of lack of rain the forecast mentions showers tomorrow but lets wait and see:

If your not sure of the Seasons in Thailand here is a link for your information:

http://www.thailandguru.com/infra-weather.html

BURIRAM LATEST NEWS-------- BIG 'C' AND MAKRO AND WEATHER ALL IN ONE

Well the progress of the two stores is leaping ahead Big 'C' roof on walls just about finished front sheltered car parking under construction a really busy site: Makro is further ahead than

Big "C' .

So TBWG when do you come back to LOS maybe the stores will be open I do think Makro will open before "''C' :

As for the weather its windy and raining at the moment

Hi Mac

Pleased to hear Big C and Makro are making a special effort to open prior to my return at the end of October! very decent of them.

At the moment we appear to be getting all of your monsoon rain here in the UK, vast areas of flooding as you may have seen on the news, weather has been grim now for several months with no sign of improvement.

Sorry to read about your deceased chickens, fingers crossed it is not the bird flu!

You and family take care.

SIAM HOTEL

Well A can now Supply Details for you of the New Hotel that is now open and owned by my friends that also own the Bamboo Bar :

post-32485-1184246178_thumb.jpg

post-32485-1184246206_thumb.jpg

Having previewed the images they are not very clear so here are the details :

Siam Hotel 29/12 Inchan Narong Rd Muang Buriram

Tel 044-625519 625522

Directions :

From the Bamboo Bar travel along Thani Road at the 3rd Junction turn right onto Inchan Narong Rd Siam Hotel is on the Right, or from the Rail Station turn right travel along Niwat Road it eventually turns left into Inchan Road Siam Hotel is on the left :

I will be visiting at some stage and taking pictures and attending the Grand Opening party

Air conditioned rooms h/c shower cable TV. Mini Bar Bar/Restaurant I was quoted room prices at 450 bht to 650 bht per night

Additional information:

Also available now is a New Honda car for Hire:

Also they have a large van for hire , however I have not seen this yet with regard to there definition of a van ?

Edited by Totster
email removed