Best eaterie in Hua Hin

smokie36

That is a very vague question and all answers will be by the taste of the individual answering. I suspect if you get 100 answers you'll get 80 different ones. One thing Hua Hin has that not many other places this size do is a plethora of great eating establishments.

You might want to narrow it down by more formal or casual, on the beach or doesn't matter, indoor or outdoor or doesn't matter, a few preferences of types of food etc., if you want good answers.

Coco51 is a good place right by the beach, always gets good reviews from people I know, been once and it's a nice place for a special meal

Coco51 is good, I often go there myself.

I heard some of the 5 star hotels also have very good buffets / restaurants but I haven't got around to checking any of them out yet.

There's one on the way to Pranburi (can't recall the name of it) and the Dusit (nearer Cha Am) which are meant to be very good.

I'm going to check this one out over the next few weeks : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/684723-great-food-at-dust-thani-hua-hin-mega-buffet-at-the-restaurants-carvery-night/

• Like 2

Had a great Italian meal a couple of weeks back at a Italian restaurant heading down from The London bar..just a bit further down going towards Burger King.Opted for chicken breast in a Masala sauce with mushrooms...the best meal I've had for yonks!Also down that far end is a new tapas like wine bar(very classy)and worth a visit and has a Friday evening special night which includes numerous dishes and 5 glasses of red/white wine for 880 baht!

• Like 1

The Sunday buffet at Dusit Thani has started for the season and it is superb. For Italian food I would go to La Grappa or the newly opened Andreas. Andreas was the head chef at La Grappa before he opened his own restaurant opposit Intercontinental. Apparently OP doesn't like French food but Le Bistro near Villa Market is an excellent French restaurant. Le Bistro, La Grappa and Mondo Vino have the same owner.

• Like 1

Hmmm.....I'm looking for a place a bit more upmarket serving superb food.

That should narrow it down a bit....a great view is always a plus too.

You seem a totally confused individual - first of all, you say you have no interest in a restaurant serving either of the world's finest cuisines. Then your signature includes a favourable reference to a sauce, a staple of one of those two unfavoured cuisines !!!

"A great view" - does that mean you are narrowing the choice to a lunchtime dining experience ?

The Sunday buffet at Dusit Thani has started for the season and it is superb. For Italian food I would go to La Grappa or the newly opened Andreas. Andreas was the head chef at La Grappa before he opened his own restaurant opposit Intercontinental. Apparently OP doesn't like French food but Le Bistro near Villa Market is an excellent French restaurant. Le Bistro, La Grappa and Mondo Vino have the same owner.

This is excellent news, I didn't realise they did a Sunday buffet at the Dusit during the high season.

I have a feeling my Sundays are about to better for the rest of the season !

• Like 1

Hmmm.....I'm looking for a place a bit more upmarket serving superb food.

That should narrow it down a bit....a great view is always a plus too.

You seem a totally confused individual - first of all, you say you have no interest in a restaurant serving either of the world's finest cuisines. Then your signature includes a favourable reference to a sauce, a staple of one of those two unfavoured cuisines !!!

"A great view" - does that mean you are narrowing the choice to a lunchtime dining experience ?

Each to his own......personally I only ever have hoi sin sauce on Xmas day....its great to dip my sprouts in.

Had a great Italian meal a couple of weeks back at a Italian restaurant heading down from The London bar..just a bit further down going towards Burger King.Opted for chicken breast in a Masala sauce with mushrooms...the best meal I've had for yonks!Also down that far end is a new tapas like wine bar(very classy)and worth a visit and has a Friday evening special night which includes numerous dishes and 5 glasses of red/white wine for 880 baht!

Those five glasses of wine got my gf's attention immediately....add a good chocolate dessert and this is on the list....according to her anyway! biggrin.png

Those five glasses of wine got my gf's attention immediately....add a good chocolate dessert and this is on the list....according to her anyway! biggrin.png

Yes a very nice wine bar smokie'...they look like they have spent a fair bit on fitting it out!

Yes it's still there but pretty quiet when I stopped by for a sherbert!

Edited by sydneyjed
  • Like 1

Think I am going to enjoy Hua Hin....is the ThaiVisa bar still around?

I might have to pop by for a few sherbets and meet the fruitcakes! w00t.gif

I popped in for a couple of beers the other day while waiting for my girlfriend to finish whatever she was doing in the post office.

It was quiet but this was in the afternoon, a time when I rarely go to any bar but it was hot and a couple of cold beers went down nicely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well Cha Am is pretty quiet....any recommendations for things to do around here?....oh and good food spots always welcome....cheers!

Enjoy the quiet.. meditation and find your inner peace :-D

I'm feeling a lot of wind. ..and its not the beer! :lol:

Well Cha Am is pretty quiet....any recommendations for things to do around here?....oh and good food spots always welcome....cheers!

Let me know if you find anywhere smokie in the way of anything in the way of excitement..down there again early March!

Just spent three nights here....great spot to chill by the beach and gorge on seafood.

Oh and the krapow moo sap at the restaurant on the corner of Soi Bus Station was a 10/10 last night.

Time to hit Hua Hin....

Let me know if you find anywhere smokie in the way of anything in the way of excitement..down there again early March!

Just spent three nights here....great spot to chill by the beach and gorge on seafood.

Oh and the krapow moo sap at the restaurant on the corner of Soi Bus Station was a 10/10 last night.

Time to hit Hua Hin....

Have fun.. don't get trampled in the rush of quality tourists!

Last Saturday, I stayed in Hua Hin for the first time in years. We went to Hua Hin Hills Vineyard - the best eatery ever experienced and the Thai wines they produce were excellent.

http://www.huahinhills.com/hhhsnw2/

You must not know much about wine, these wines are way over priced, and barley taste like wine at all, the last time we were there they were serving a 2014 wine, no time in oak, just bottle it and sell it. Not a bad idea if you make wine like france, called fresh wine, but in no way does there wine compare with France. The grapes come from Austraila, but don't taste like Australian wine.