UK Budget Statement: Personal Allowances for Non Residents not Touched. Awaiting details on CGT

For those of us who are or who want to be treated as non-resident for tax purposes but still have taxable income arising in the UK it is worth noting the following. The chancellor has not abolished personal allowances. Whilst still on the agenda, the announcement yesterday assured no change to non-residents’ entitlement to personal allowances until at least April 2017. By my reckoning that delay is worth 4 grand a year to higher rate taxpayers and half that to standard rate taxpayers.

Of maybe broader significance to UK non-resident expats (since many probably have no significant income arising in the UK but do still have a property) next week sees the publication of the draft Finance Bill 2015. This will contain draft legislation on many proposed changes including implementing a capital gains tax charge on non-residents for gains from the disposal of residential property.

[With acknowledgement to Fry Group for these extracts (only)]

You can run but you can't (entirely) hide from the UK taxman if you still have financial connections!

just interested where you heard the announcement that assured no change to non-residents’ entitlement to personal allowances until at least April 2017. i was searching for that particular subject but couldn't find it

As the OP mentioned, The Fry Group http://www.thefrygroup.co.uk/ whom I find to be very helpful, having been a client for nearly 30 years.