Thailand Elite, the "other" perks...

I went the visa run > marriage visa > work visa > PR > citizenship route.

> Citizenship involved lots of paperwork with very nice officials, but unending waiting not knowing whether I'd get it or not

> PR also involved lots of paperwork with polite officials - got it the year after I applied (1997)

> The work visa was no problem, because I had other people do the applications for me. All I had to do was show my face

> Marriage visa was humiliating, and the officials were often rude, and seemed to enjoy giving me the run around for ever changing requirements

> Visa runs were fun the first couple of times, I used to take the train to Penang with a friend - lots of beer on the train. Once the novelty wore off, however, they were dreadfully boring. Penang was the only place you could go overland - Laos and Cambodia were closed in those days. As my financial situation improved, I started flying to Singapore, and other countries in the region, staying in nice hotels, which was a lot more fun. That said, I was also never sure whether I'd be refused entry, or refused a visa and have to enter visa free for a shorter period. I never had a visa refused, but I did sometimes only get a single entry - I always applied for triples. Now refusals seem to happen a lot.

Had a TE visa been available during the visa run / marriage visa days, I'd have applied for it. Five years is long enough to forget about visas altogether.

13 years never had a visa problem.

But maybe my story is a bit different.

Without the Thailand Elite option, I would never had stayed in Thailand.

I came here the first time on a business related matter.

I liked the place quite much.

Then the Thailand Elite option came up.

At that time it was available for a mere million bath, so nothing much to lose.

I decided to become a member and to stay a bit more. A few years maybe. With the SE visa of that time it was easy and trouble less.

But I am still here after 11 years of membership. Now with a PE visa, even better.

The reason I am still here is only because I have the convenience of the visa, learned the language, and made friends over the time.

Without Thailand Elite I would be gone since a long time.

I am not the type of person that has enough self control and patience to queue at an immigration office with hundreds of others.

The reason I came to Thailand?

Coincidence.

The reason I stayed in Thailand?

Thailand Elite and my friends.

Looking back, and all the trouble I went to in order to stay here, I'm not sure why I put up with it all. TE didn't exist back then, and I can well understand people who can't be bothered with the process of getting visas.

I was a young backpacker when I arrived, on my way back from a working holiday in Australia. I almost gave up living here on several occasions, and I did go and live in Australia for five years, coming back here just a year ago.

I went the visa run > marriage visa > work visa > PR > citizenship route.

> Citizenship involved lots of paperwork with very nice officials, but unending waiting not knowing whether I'd get it or not

> PR also involved lots of paperwork with polite officials - got it the year after I applied (1997)

> The work visa was no problem, because I had other people do the applications for me. All I had to do was show my face

> Marriage visa was humiliating, and the officials were often rude, and seemed to enjoy giving me the run around for ever changing requirements

> Visa runs were fun the first couple of times, I used to take the train to Penang with a friend - lots of beer on the train. Once the novelty wore off, however, they were dreadfully boring. Penang was the only place you could go overland - Laos and Cambodia were closed in those days. As my financial situation improved, I started flying to Singapore, and other countries in the region, staying in nice hotels, which was a lot more fun. That said, I was also never sure whether I'd be refused entry, or refused a visa and have to enter visa free for a shorter period. I never had a visa refused, but I did sometimes only get a single entry - I always applied for triples. Now refusals seem to happen a lot.

Had a TE visa been available during the visa run / marriage visa days, I'd have applied for it. Five years is long enough to forget about visas altogether.

13 years never had a visa problem.

But maybe my story is a bit different.

Without the Thailand Elite option, I would never had stayed in Thailand.

I came here the first time on a business related matter.

I liked the place quite much.

Then the Thailand Elite option came up.

At that time it was available for a mere million bath, so nothing much to lose.

I decided to become a member and to stay a bit more. A few years maybe. With the SE visa of that time it was easy and trouble less.

But I am still here after 11 years of membership. Now with a PE visa, even better.

The reason I am still here is only because I have the convenience of the visa, learned the language, and made friends over the time.

Without Thailand Elite I would be gone since a long time.

I am not the type of person that has enough self control and patience to queue at an immigration office with hundreds of others.

The reason I came to Thailand?

Coincidence.

The reason I stayed in Thailand?

Thailand Elite and my friends.

Looking back, and all the trouble I went to in order to stay here, I'm not sure why I put up with it all. TE didn't exist back then, and I can well understand people who can't be bothered with the process of getting visas.

I was a young backpacker when I arrived, on my way back from a working holiday in Australia. I almost gave up living here on several occasions, and I did go and live in Australia for five years, coming back here just a year ago.

The story of your citizenship is certainly a beautiful story.

Whatever the story is, what we all want is to be happy and enjoy life.

We have to create our own happiness wherever we decide to settle, be it for a day, for a decade or for life.

It is not money or Thailand Elite that can provide that happiness.

Thailand Elite can just create a nicer, more convenient and more comfortable environment in Thailand, by removing some hassles.

Then we can concentrate on the important thing: Happiness :)

As I wrote previously, ... If one day there was citizenship available for a fee, like in Malta, there would certainly be many takers too.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

I used on 23th of Dec. first time the TE airport service.

The limo was on time. No need to walk with my luggage on the road and watch for
a (dirty) taxi.

10 minutes before we reached the airport the driver called another TE staff.
Once we reached the airport a lady was waiting for me. She was asking for my
passport. I handed over my passport and she did the check in for me.

I fly business or first class if available so I don´t care about the fast track
option. I flew with Air France. The Air France business lounge at Suvarnabhumi
is rubbish. I was happy to use the TE lounge this time.

In the end I can say everything was 100% organized. I love such a service
and I am happy to pay for it.

• Like 2

I used on 23th of Dec. first time the TE airport service.

The limo was on time. No need to walk with my luggage on the road and watch for

a (dirty) taxi.

10 minutes before we reached the airport the driver called another TE staff.

Once we reached the airport a lady was waiting for me. She was asking for my

passport. I handed over my passport and she did the check in for me.

I fly business or first class if available so I don´t care about the fast track

option. I flew with Air France. The Air France business lounge at Suvarnabhumi

is rubbish. I was happy to use the TE lounge this time.

In the end I can say everything was 100% organized. I love such a service

and I am happy to pay for it.

You may want to try Thai Airways. They fly the A380 to CDG.

Not the best first class in the world, but still good.

Happy to read that you enjoyed the Thailand Elite service :)

Among the other "perks" associated with the Thailand Elite membership, an opportunity to help (or further help) the society will come up this year...

Thailand Elite will join hands with an important project aimed at raising money to build schools in the north of Thailand.

The schools are built by the Thai Border Police and under the patronage of Princess Sirindhorn.

Pictured here is the school of Fah Thai Ngam, already under construction on the Thai-Laos border.

The particularity of these schools is that they are built by Border Police officers themselves, together with the villagers.

This particular school will cater for the needs of students from 4 villages.

Later this year, Thailand Elite members will be invited to participate to an important gala dinner and, for those who wish to, they will have the opportunity to participate in an auction of paintings of the royal family. All the proceeds will go to the construction of the schools.

There are many ways to help the society, but this one will certainly be interesting. Joining charity and upscale atmosphere...

More info in the coming weeks...post-12654-14205415239023_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14205415646143_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14205415732563_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14205415891929_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14205416108462_thumb.jpgpost-12654-1420541639536_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

If you visit the Pimex Boat Show, there is a Thailand Elite boot (in the Main Hall, opposite Aston Martin).

Many nice boats, a few cars (Aston, Rolls Royce and Ferrari)... and if you walk too much, you can get a foot massage at the Thailand Elite boot :)

And if you are a Thailand Elite member... Don't forget to visit the Montecarlo Yachts on display (50ft, 65ft and 70ft)... If you buy one you have up to 2 million baht free decoration on your new toy :)

And I am sure one of the nice Thailand Elite girls will accompany you to see the boats :)

post-12654-14207807161124_thumb.jpg

post-12654-14207804605184_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14207805356453_thumb.jpgpost-12654-14207805530169_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The Montecarlo Yachts / Thailand Elite day cruise is on the way :)

With two motor yachts, a 65 and a 70ft...

One of the goals of Thailand Elite this year will be to organize events for the members to meet each other. Apart from the "perk" itself, this cruise is a good occasion.

post-12654-14211193691349_thumb.jpg

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 1

If you visit the Pimex Boat Show, there is a Thailand Elite boot (in the Main Hall, opposite Aston Martin).

Many nice boats, a few cars (Aston, Rolls Royce and Ferrari)... and if you walk too much, you can get a foot massage at the Thailand Elite boot :)

And if you are a Thailand Elite member... Don't forget to visit the Montecarlo Yachts on display (50ft, 65ft and 70ft)... If you buy one you have up to 2 million baht free decoration on your new toy :)

And I am sure one of the nice Thailand Elite girls will accompany you to see the boats :)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1420780709.839608.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1420780451.560087.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1420780520.377385.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1420780545.440070.jpg

To the sleeping cabin?

For those of you who wonder what a Thailand Elite member actually "looks like"... You can always go to have a look at the Facebook page.

Many pictures of the cruise too...

You will probably notice that nothing differentiates a member from any other human being. Most members are actually very nice... and not as "idiot" as some here would like us to believe :)

Being a Thailand Elite member is certainly interesting for the visa, but there are other "perks" that are very nice too.

This members' event included all meals and imported belgian beers, on top of the day cruise on the two Montecarlo yachts (and a few thousands liters of fuel).

post-12654-14212488750493_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Is it possible to get the Elite visa if you are currently in Thailand on a tourist visa? Like... Is there any requirement for you to be in your home country during the application and approval process? Am I correct in thinking that you could apply and onnce approved you could just do a fly out/into the country to pick up your visa and get a stamp?

Is it possible to get the Elite visa if you are currently in Thailand on a tourist visa? Like... Is there any requirement for you to be in your home country during the application and approval process? Am I correct in thinking that you could apply and onnce approved you could just do a fly out/into the country to pick up your visa and get a stamp?

It is possible to get the Visa if you are currently in Thailand on another visa (as long as you have enough time left on it, obviously). As a matter of fact you don't even need to fly out of the country. You only need to go to Chaeng Wattana Immigration Office, where they will change the visa for you. There, one of the Thailand Elite staff will do it for you. I just handed him my passport and he was back in 20 mins with the new PE visa.

• Like 1

It is possible to get the Visa if you are currently in Thailand on another visa (as long as you have enough time left on it, obviously). As a matter of fact you don't even need to fly out of the country. You only need to go to Chaeng Wattana Immigration Office, where they will change the visa for you. There, one of the Thailand Elite staff will do it for you. I just handed him my passport and he was back in 20 mins with the new PE visa.

Wow... That is epic!

Any reports of someone getting denied Thailand elite for any reason?

For Members using the Airport for the first time using their TE Card here is the Premium Lane. smile.png

I'm sorry to inform you but you're really not that premium or privileged or whatever you feel when you look at your card; anyone flying business class gets to use this lane. I assume all you privileged people fly business or first class on your travels already so this membership benefit seems superfluous. Of course, they do have the carts to take your lazy butts directly to the lounge or gate. Maybe that's worth 500k or 2M baht.
I fly first class and, with my charming Thailand Elite assistant who waits for me at the gate, I am always faster than anyone else smile.png

Other first class passengers (on Thai) also have assistance on arrival, but they have to share the "golf carts". With Thailand Elite I don't share and don't have to wait for others.

I really enjoy that great service.

I can't imagine how happy I would be if I was flying business instead of first. For those flying business, the Thailand Elite airport assistance must be even more valuable...

By the way, depending on the time of arrival at Suvarnabhumi, the Thailand Elite attendant will select the quickest channel to clear immigration. Sometimes it will be the premium lane, on quiet days when there is no queue. Other times it will be the diplomatic channel.

They are very well organized to make you exit the airport in a record time. That is for sure wink.png

Your assistants wait at the gate for you. Mine noon elite thais come on the aircraft to meet me and whisk me through the same gates free, all you have to do is ask for wheelchair servicebiggrin.png

Edited by harrry

Wow... That is epic!

Any reports of someone getting denied Thailand elite for any reason?

I never heard about anyone being denied a Thailand Elite visa.

But there is certainly a number of people who were denied a membership altogether.

After you send you application to become member, police and immigration make a background check.

If you are approved (not a criminal, not having been bankrupt, allowed to stay in the kingdom, etc...), you pay for the membership.

After you paid, and if there is nothing wrong with the new member, there would be no reason to refuse a visa...

Edited by gerry1011

Am I understanding that it is an "unlimited" entry visa? As in it is good for 5 years, and I could leave thailand 20 times first first year with no problem, and it would have no effect on my remaining 4 years?

Yes it is multi entry so you can come and go as often as you like. When you arrive back in Thailand you are stamped in for another year. If you do a lot of travelling then you will not need to do the one year extention. The duration of the PE visa is 5 years for the easy access version and 20 years for the full PE visa. Edited by bim

Am I understanding that it is an "unlimited" entry visa? As in it is good for 5 years, and I could leave thailand 20 times first first year with no problem, and it would have no effect on my remaining 4 years?

Yes it is multi entry so you can come and go as often as you like. When you arrive back in Thailand you are stamped in for another year. If you do a lot of travelling then you will not need to do the one year extention. The duration of the PE visa is 5 years for the easy access version and 20 years for the full PE visa.

I would add that for those who travel that often, the Thailand Elite option is just perfect. No only for the PE visa but also for the assistance at the airport.

• Like 1

Yes it is multi entry so you can come and go as often as you like. When you arrive back in Thailand you are stamped in for another year. If you do a lot of travelling then you will not need to do the one year extention. The duration of the PE visa is 5 years for the easy access version and 20 years for the full PE visa.
I would add that for those who travel that often, the Thailand Elite option is just perfect. No only for the PE visa but also for the assistance at the airport.
Ohh and those TE luggage tags Gerry ;)
  • Like 1

As usual, exceptional TE service this morning.

I arrived 7:40 this morning to check in for my flight. There was another TE guest also checking in. We got to the premium area and there were very long lines.

After about 2-3 minutes wait immigration brought an agent over to open a closed station for both of us TE members to process our passports.

I have flown internationally five times in the last 25 days. This type of service is valuable to someone like me.

My wife is Thai and I am over 50. I don't need TE for a visa to stay in Thailand. The fact is that I never have to worry about anything, the services, the assistance from immigration, the TE team and the fellow members are what make this organization special to me!!!

• Like 1