Phuket authorities arrest man who was on his way to shoot rival

webfact

Phuket authorities arrest man who was on his way to shoot rival
Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- Nakorn Srithammarat man arrested with hand made pistols,ammunitions and pocket knives while heading to shoot someone.

Watcharin Chaisen, 26, of Nakorn Srithammarat, was arrested near the police checkpoint in front of Novotel Hotel in Karon at about 3am on Thursday morning (December 4) after an officer noticed he was speeding. When questioned by police, Watcharin confessed that he was on his way to shoot his brother's rival.

During the arrest, Karon police siezed two hand made pistols, two 12mm bullets, two pocket knives and a Ford Ranger XLT pickup truck.

Watcharin was charged with illegal possession of firearms and ammunitions as well as carrying firearms in public without a permit.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-authorities-arrest-man-who-was-on-his-way-to-shoot-rival-49996.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-12-05

I wonder if that 12mm is a misprint. That is an enormous bullet even for a big game rifle and especially for a handgun and even more so for a homemade handgun. It works out to about .475 caliber.

I think if he fired one of those in a handmade gun he'd wind up wearing it.

• Like 1

I wonder if that 12mm is a misprint. That is an enormous bullet even for a big game rifle and especially for a handgun and even more so for a homemade handgun. It works out to about .475 caliber.

In the pic on the link, they appear to be shotgun shells, probably 20g (.615). Too small for 410. Probably someone just guestimated the size.

Edited by Shot
  • Like 1

In the pic on the link, they appear to be shotgun shells, probably 20g (.615). Too small for 410. Probably someone just guestimated the size.

I think you're right. thumbsup.gif

I neglected to look at the picture.

Edited by NeverSure