age difference...

Crazy chef 1

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the Philippine s. I am 61. Have no house. And no car. And not a lot of money. I have been with the same girl for 9 months. When I met her she was 19. Now 20. She seems very happy and wants us to get married. She also looks like a beauty queen. Am I wrong ,? I am happy. Is that wrong ? She is happy. Is that wrong? He father, has no objections. Her family like me, and I dont give them money. So their friendship is not bought. She tells me sge has never been happier. And while it stays that way she doesnt care about the age difference. I am having the time of my life. AM I wrong ?

you aren't-all the best for you both...

btw-this topic is not about right or wrong and as stated by many others if it suits both-great...it is just what both have in COMMON???

The bigger the age difference the more brief the relationship.

Hey I am 76 and she is 25 been together 3 years now. She will hang in there for the long haul. No she has not tried to take me to the cleaners.

Please tell me that youre taking the piss out of us. Surely you havent really shacked up with a little girl young enough to be your grandaughter.

Everyone to their own.

It is not as if he is doing anything illegal (presuming he is telling it as it is).

Hey I am 76 and she is 25 been together 3 years now. She will hang in there for the long haul. No she has not tried to take me to the cleaners.

So Elgordo- looks like you won the lottery 555.

Almost 22 December again.....

Funny how all the oldies are usually on here moaning about being a "walking atm" and the woes of being involved with their partner's family, and then as soon as the topic of being with a woman young enough to be your daughter, and some, comes up they all start saying how wonderful life is.

Go figure.

We are not supposed to be prejudiced and judgmental but there are some deluded old fools on here.

More than 10 years in this society then I'm sorry, you have bugger all in common.

She needs security (stipend), and you need to get a load away.

Be honest, you bought her.

10 years max.

Here she is again. And speaks English.

From experience I would say that what you speak of is more suited to the relationships between Foreigners and Filipina women more so than Foreigners and Thai women.

Many people may disagree but the consensus is that a older man with a much younger Filipina women has a significantly better chance of survival than an older man with a much younger Thai woman.

That is not meant to say that any men presently having a much younger Thai women as a girl friend or Wife is doomed for failure rather it is used as an example or comparison relevant to all the men that have experienced BOTH countries and BOTH cultures including the Carnal delights of Filipina Women verses Thai women.

I think ( surmise ) that most men having experienced ( both ) Thai women and Filipina women, in terms of long time experiences and or experiencing many partners would lean towards marrying a Filipina women before they would marry a Thai women.....based on several personal reasons and or based on a number of logical and sensible reasons ...gained from experiences.

Of course if you reside in Thailand and you plan to continue to reside in Thailand then it would make more sense and of course more practicable to marry with a Thai women including a Thai women half your age, if that is what your situation happens to be.

But given a choice of marrying a Thai women half your age verses marrying a Filipina women half your age I would recommend the Filipina woman...even if you do not stay and live with her in the Philippines.

The Flips integrate into other societies and cultures much more easily and much better while it is pretty well known when you remove a Thai women from her Thai cultural Environment and everything entailed there is a very good chance she will go stir crazy and that means all her frustrations and moods and angers are commonly thrust upon you...the BF or the Husband.

Having said that...some of the Filipina woman can be a real hand full also and you may regret ever having met them and growing that close and intimate to them and everything entailed going on in their life and background and their personal mentality and attitude.

Same as with the Thai women ...be forewarned !

Cheers

Its always been like this. If youre famous/celebrity its ok to have a big age gap. If youre poor its not. Normal people are simply jealous of you having a young wife/gf. Look at following celebrities and tell me if you ever heard anyone say something about their age difference.

Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart. Harrison is 72 and Calista is 49. Age Gap: 23 years.

Sam Taylor-Johnson and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Sam is 47 and Aaron is 24. Age Gap: 23 years.

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Michael is 69 and Catherine is 44. Age Gap: 25 years.

Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Jason is 47 and Rosie is 27. Age Gap: 20 years.

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. Johnny is 51 and Amber is 28. Age Gap: 23 years.

George Clooney and Amal 18 Years

Dominic Purcell and AnnaLynne Mccord. Dominic is 44 and AnnaLynne is 27. Age Gap: 17

Bennett Miller and Ashley Olsen. Bennett is 47 and Ashley is 28. Age Gap: 19 years.

Funny how all the oldies are usually on here moaning about being a "walking atm" and the woes of being involved with their partner's family, and then as soon as the topic of being with a woman young enough to be your daughter, and some, comes up they all start saying how wonderful life is.

Go figure.

I've lived in Thailand a long time and you got it backwards fella. The old guys don't have visa or money problems and can live in Thailand forever for 2000 baht a year for a retirement extension and less money in the bank than a decent car costs.

Thai women are happy living in Thailand with any man who is home every night and pays the bills. Actually about the same as women of any country except the Philippines.

I have a daughter who is 50 years old so my choice of women younger than my daughter is quite extensive.

Take a look at the "she done me wrong" threads on Thai Visa and 83.6 percent of them involve men who do not live in Thailand full time and are below the age of 65. But don't take my word for it. Do the research yourself.

A couple of Indian friends have told me that an Indian politician once asserted that a man can determine the ideal age of his partner by halving his own age and adding 7 years (i.e., [own age]/2 + 7). So a 20 year old should date a 17 year old, a 30 year old should date a 22 year old, etc. I'm 52 and my gf is 32 ... so it's downhill for us in the next year or so :-)

I am 80 and my Thai "wife" of 10 years is 37. Does that answer your question ?

Nope but this does

kasikornbankATM2.jpg

If it suits both parties it should work fine. Good luck to them.

I'd happily accept that if men in these types of relationships didn't come on TVF and complain about seemingly endless financial demands, sex rationing and being called "the farang" even by the family dog. How the hell is that "happiness"?

In a nutshell, most of the old boys in age-gap relationships will trot out any old tripe to justify having sex with a much younger woman.

These tired old aphorisms like "age is nothing but a number" and "oh, you pay for it one way or another" are a smokescreen that old, sex-starved men construct to make themselves feel better about what they're doing over here . . .

And where did you meet your beauty queen? Glad your happy but i have serious doubts it will last another year.

I live in the Philippine s. I am 61. Have no house. And no car. And not a lot of money. I have been with the same girl for 9 months. When I met her she was 19. Now 20. She seems very happy and wants us to get married. She also looks like a beauty queen. Am I wrong ,? I am happy. Is that wrong ? She is happy. Is that wrong? He father, has no objections. Her family like me, and I dont give them money. So their friendship is not bought. She tells me sge has never been happier. And while it stays that way she doesnt care about the age difference. I am having the time of my life. AM I wrong ?

I think you hit the nail on the head. Once again my question is. Where did he meet her ? And can he speak a word of Thai? Like the picture of the farang. Where is the empty beer bottle ?

I am 80 and my Thai "wife" of 10 years is 37. Does that answer your question ?

Nope but this does

kasikornbankATM2.jpg

If it suits both parties it should work fine. Good luck to them.

I'd happily accept that if men in these types of relationships didn't come on TVF and complain about seemingly endless financial demands, sex rationing and being called "the farang" even by the family dog. How the hell is that "happiness"?

In a nutshell, most of the old boys in age-gap relationships will trot out any old tripe to justify having sex with a much younger woman.

These tired old aphorisms like "age is nothing but a number" and "oh, you pay for it one way or another" are a smokescreen that old, sex-starved men construct to make themselves feel better about what they're doing over here . . .

and the moment you leave her Thai boyfriend will be knocking on your door.

Go figure.

I've lived in Thailand a long time and you got it backwards fella. The old guys don't have visa or money problems and can live in Thailand forever for 2000 baht a year for a retirement extension and less money in the bank than a decent car costs.

Thai women are happy living in Thailand with any man who is home every night and pays the bills. Actually about the same as women of any country except the Philippines.

I have a daughter who is 50 years old so my choice of women younger than my daughter is quite extensive.

Take a look at the "she done me wrong" threads on Thai Visa and 83.6 percent of them involve men who do not live in Thailand full time and are below the age of 65. But don't take my word for it. Do the research yourself.

yes and all less than 23 years age difference not 30 or 40

Its always been like this. If youre famous/celebrity its ok to have a big age gap. If youre poor its not. Normal people are simply jealous of you having a young wife/gf. Look at following celebrities and tell me if you ever heard anyone say something about their age difference.

Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart. Harrison is 72 and Calista is 49. Age Gap: 23 years.
Sam Taylor-Johnson and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Sam is 47 and Aaron is 24. Age Gap: 23 years.
Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Michael is 69 and Catherine is 44. Age Gap: 25 years.
Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Jason is 47 and Rosie is 27. Age Gap: 20 years.
Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. Johnny is 51 and Amber is 28. Age Gap: 23 years.
George Clooney and Amal 18 Years
Dominic Purcell and AnnaLynne Mccord. Dominic is 44 and AnnaLynne is 27. Age Gap: 17
Bennett Miller and Ashley Olsen. Bennett is 47 and Ashley is 28. Age Gap: 19 years.

Hate to say it but the truth is she is just counting down the days. Once again where did you meet her? At the temple ?

So Elgordo- looks like you won the lottery 555.

Almost 22 December again.....

and the moment you leave her Thai boyfriend will be knocking on your door.

That is the whole point of what I was writing about. The old guys don't have to leave. They have money and visas and can stay.

It is the young guys who when they leave to go to work or whatever the Thai boyfriend comes knocking on the door.

Edited by thailiketoo

I think you hit the nail on the head. Once again my question is. Where did he meet her ? And can he speak a word of Thai? Like the picture of the farang. Where is the empty beer bottle ?

I met my wife at the mall. I speak Thai. She is an engineer. Neither one of us drinks. I think you will find large groups of Western men in Thailand who speak Thai and don't drink.

JJ you are stereotyping a bit too much. A lot of older men who come to Thailand can't drink because of health problems and learn Thai as a hobby or to keep their minds active.

»what age difference is socially and morality acceptable?«

Believe it’s very individual and also based on cultural background. Seems like in Western culture “we” don’t think to huge age difference is good – the “golden rule”: half your age +7 years as maximum age difference – however if you are rich or famous, even better if both, it’s cool and widely accepted to have a (very) young partner; and that goes for both males and females, in later years we see many Western women having a young partner.

In Thailand – and many Middle Eastern and Asian countries – the view is different, and a man can easily have a much younger wife (or more in some cultures). Especially Thailand seems like if you have a young (good looking) wife, that can be a “mai noi” (small wife), you make face; for example that a man at 60 can afford a new young (expensive) wife at 20. I’ve also seen many a village Thai-Thai marriage where the bride is around 15 and the groom double her age (can that be a reason for some Thai village marriages don’t lasts…?).

Evolutionary a man wish a young partner who can carry his genes on; meaning one young and strong enough to give birth – which is the conclusion of several scientific studies – so seems like it’s our culture that sets the limits for what is acceptable, rather than nature.

When it comes to the more practical issue, living together, it’s very individual. In Western thinking we may, as a couple wish to share more of life-style and interests, and therefore feel that at too young partner is not good – and that can be more than just a question of age-gap, it’s merely a question of “mind-gap”. I’ve meet several Western men here, who feels the mind of Thai ladies in their mid to late 20’ties are like very young teens.

My observations has also been, that folks who condemn men (or ladies) with a young partner, sometimes are just jealous, wishing it were them self – some ladies may condemn because they don’t want their husband to think too much...

When I first came to Thailand I also felt a bit shocked when seeing older men with a young girl – but that was exactly what I wished for myself – realized it was my cultural education from back home being shocked, not really me... whistling.gif

Feeling happy together is what matters – age gap or nor – not what other people thinks.

In my case, my Thai GF is almost 32 years younger than me, and that has worked very fine for more than 10 years now and we share a lot of interests – my Western ex-girlfriend also found a 25 year younger new boyfriend and is very happy, they also share lots of interests and have been together for several years now – so perhaps it’s not a question of how old you are, but how you are old...? smile.png