Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

Not for those who ignore what they don't want to believe. Same folks who say nothing the Police say can be believed but use what police said early on to promote conspiracy theories despite police releasing updates and clarifications on what was early said. Same people who hang onto early reports from the press and disregard updated info... but it is not even consistent as they all ignore the fact they blamed the Farang friend initially and initially said he had blood on pants or that he had a cut on his hand --- those they pay attention to the updates but when it comes to the son of the tiny island headsman who police were not scared to publicly accuse, they ignore all further reports.

Where are the clarifications as to who the "important" running man is and when Police said Mon and boy were definitely involved as they had proof,how has that been clarified to that so called big error of them saying trying to catch the boy as he had run away and his dad saying he wasnt running but just going back to school......its all been cleared up allright and we know now? i dont think so.

"Clarifications" - he wasn't on the island - it wasn't him on any video from the island, it wasn't him running -- as confirmed and further stated by police .... the same people you believe who said it wasn't blood on the pants. You selectively choose to believe and be ignorant to some things while latching onto things that have been shown to be incorrect.

how dense are you? just become someone said he wasn't on the island, wasn't running, wasn't on the video, was at school, etc. doesn't mean it is so. these are the types of things professional investigators uncover - not cover up.

of course it is him on the CCTV video.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what the families asked for:

In the meantime however, we ask that the speculative theories circulating on social media are not taken as fact. These interpretations are based on incomplete evidence and substantial conjecture.

The increasing sensationalism of this story in the media is emotionally hurtful to us and appears to be wide of the mark.

jdinasia, me, and a few others have been calling out on those engaging on speculative theories, even before the statements from the families, so for you to say that stance is not in accordance to the parent's wishes is, frankly, preposterous.

And just who are you three musketeers to call out anyone who offers opinions that differ from yours or mainstream ?

Unless any of the three of you are part of an official investigation team or family nominated spokesperson then you have about as much right to call out others as they have of posting from the vivid to the more thought provoking theories.

I call out on people that pose opinions and non-facts as facts, this a news forum, not a "random crap that I just pulled out of my rear end to try and look informed and righteous" forum.

And your expertise in debunking comes from ?

It's not that difficult to differentiate opinions from facts, you know? It only takes some rational thinking.

I suggest you look up Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit or pick up a book by Michal Shermer for example to get jump started.

It's not that difficult to differentiate opinions from facts, you know? It only takes some rational thinking.

I suggest you look up Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit or pick up a book by Michal Shermer for example to get jump started.

Rational thinking. You should try it sometime.
I guess he and a few others think rational thinking is blinding believing everything the RTP say.

I guess he and a few others think rational thinking is blinding believing everything the RTP say.

Thank you for providing an example of an opinion, now try to come up with some facts.

And yet not a single person here has seen any evidence that puts the alleged victims at the scene but are going off solely as to what the RTP have stated? Isn't that just as bad as harping on about conspiracy theories?

If you musketeers have seen and privy to all the evidence that proves beyond a doubt the alleged suspects guilt, I'll bow out as you're in the know more than anyone else here.

If you haven't seen any evidence and not privy to this rock solid case, your also basing your guilt on a theory !!

That in my book makes you no better than those you detest so much , I guess that the planting of evidence by the cops and the posting of crime scene pictures on their social network site is quite acceptable to you as none of you seem able to criticise the RTPs own poor handling of the case and crime scene!'

Not for those who ignore what they don't want to believe. Same folks who say nothing the Police say can be believed but use what police said early on to promote conspiracy theories despite police releasing updates and clarifications on what was early said. Same people who hang onto early reports from the press and disregard updated info... but it is not even consistent as they all ignore the fact they blamed the Farang friend initially and initially said he had blood on pants or that he had a cut on his hand --- those they pay attention to the updates but when it comes to the son of the tiny island headsman who police were not scared to publicly accuse, they ignore all further reports.

Where are the clarifications as to who the "important" running man is and when Police said Mon and boy were definitely involved as they had proof,how has that been clarified to that so called big error of them saying trying to catch the boy as he had run away and his dad saying he wasnt running but just going back to school......its all been cleared up allright and we know now? i dont think so.

"Clarifications" - he wasn't on the island - it wasn't him on any video from the island, it wasn't him running -- as confirmed and further stated by police .... the same people you believe who said it wasn't blood on the pants. You selectively choose to believe and be ignorant to some things while latching onto things that have been shown to be incorrect.

how dense are you? just become someone said he wasn't on the island, wasn't running, wasn't on the video, was at school, etc. doesn't mean it is so. these are the types of things professional investigators uncover - not cover up.

Because you say he was there....

The police cleared him. The school cleared him. Not one photo of him on the island at the time. But we are supposed to believe the conspiracy theorists?

Because you say he was there....

The police cleared him. The school cleared him. Not one photo of him on the island at the time. But we are supposed to believe the conspiracy theorists?

And yet not a single person here has seen any evidence that puts the alleged victims at the scene but are going off solely as to what the RTP have stated? Isn't that just as bad as harping on about conspiracy theories?

If you musketeers have seen and privy to all the evidence that proves beyond a doubt the alleged suspects guilt, I'll bow out as you're in the know more than anyone else here.

If you haven't seen any evidence and not privy to this rock solid case, your also basing your guilt on a theory !!

That in my book makes you no better than those you detest so much , I guess that the planting of evidence by the cops and the posting of crime scene pictures on their social network site is quite acceptable to you as none of you seem able to criticise the RTPs own poor handling of the case and crime scene!'

The victims are the victims and not alleged victims. The defendants place themselves at the scene.

Both sets of parents of the victims issued a statement after having been briefed on the case by the UK police.

Both sets of parents of the victims made direct statements regarding the trial.

I am not basing my belief that the trial should happen on theory.

Thank you for providing an example of an opinion, now try to come up with some facts.

jdinasia couldn't answer this one and I guess you wont be able to either. Fact: The RTP have tried to frame 2 other suspects in this case. What is your rational thinking about that.

jdinasia couldn't answer this one and I guess you wont be able to either. Fact: The RTP have tried to frame 2 other suspects in this case. What is your rational thinking about that.

A = B therefore B = C is not a logical argument.

Of course you won't understand the statement, but that can't be helped.

No, it's not as bad, because the vast conspiracy necessary to satisfy those that claim that the Burmese pair have been framed and that the headman's son is the real murderer is implausible in the extreme since it would involve hundreds of people, from Thailand and abroad, to be involved.

In any case I'll tell you what, you go find where I declared the accused to be guilty, once you fail try and take a moment to learn a lesson on the difference between the thoughts in your head and actual facts.

And do not forget he (Nomsod) only gave the DNA sample after his father met privately with Pol Gen Somyot at the RTP office on the Tuesday at the Police chiefs invitation.....

Of course there had to be a meeting since Police were not requesting his DNA and this was done because of the social media detectives who were damaging his life without a shred of evidence or dignity to support there nonsense. Police did not want his DNA because they knew he was not on the island.
It's obvious that the Headman, his son, and Thai officials all knew 101% beforehand that the DNA would not match.

Of course they did. He knew cause he didn't do it, Thai officials knew because he wasn't on the island why they didn't check it before and only checked it at the families request to help with the damage the conspiracy folks were doing to his life regardless of any shred of evidence he was involved.

what absolute BS. Thai officials stated he was on the island and that he had fled.

So I see we have a self elected unofficial trio of moderators who have seen it as there duty and expertise to be judge and jury on others posts and opinions. In so doing forgetting the fact that actually they are not judge and jury but a small group of self opinionated hypocrites that claim freedom of speech is important and yet decide it among st themselves exactly what is allowed to be discussed and what is not. If they decide something is not acceptable then it is called out.

So lets see some of their claims on what is acceptable and what is not.

• Conspiracy theories, Actually I do agree with this one, what I don't agree with however is how they can magically decide what is a conspiracy theory and what is general opinion and speculation based on available information or debate. Freedom of speech should be allowed to rule on this one whether that theory is right or wrong.
  • Facts. If any opinion or assumption is without fact in the form of a credible source then its called out. I'd like to remind them that this is not a court of law but a forum
  • Critical analysis, critical debate and creative thinking, all an important part of western education but here the unofficial moderators classify this is either a conspiracy theory or misinformation
  • Questioning the RTP procedures, previous statements and contradictions. This would form an important part of any transparent investigation in a civilized society.

I could go on and on but as far as I'm concerned the ignore button utility is now back on for the trio and will remain that way as I don't believe they have the right or expertise to act as judges and attempt to censor the genuine questions or debate out there, by all means dig into the bizarre crap but not that which is based mainly on the information to hand. If they wish to toe the line to every RTP decision and statement without question then let them do so.

Unfortunately even with the ignore button you can still see their posts if someone quotes them. This is then a dilemma as the urge to respond to some of their bias statements is enormous but I will do my best not to do so. I suggest everybody does the same but of course the choice is yours.

This is a forum for exchanging ideas, opinions and discussion. They are unable to abide by this so do not deserve any responses.

On my last note I would just like to point out the following. The UK government has expressed serious concerns at the possibility of corruption in this case, as has the Burmese house speaker, as has Amnesty International. They are not afraid to express those statements and nor should anyone else be.

A message to those unofficial moderators, respond all you like to this post, I wont see those posts nor do I have any time for your endless bias statements that are based solely on nothing other than your personal opinions. In future I would suggest when responding to a post that whatever you say or whatever opinion you state, that you also back that up with a credible source that is the only way I would in future respond and debate any issues with you.

The are huge Human Rights and corruption concerns in this case. This cannot be denied by anyone and if they do they form part of those issues.

So I see we have a self elected unofficial trio of moderators who have seen it as there duty and expertise to be judge and jury on others posts and opinions. In so doing forgetting the fact that actually they are not judge and jury but a small group of self opinionated hypocrites that claim freedom of speech is important and yet decide it among st themselves exactly what is allowed to be discussed and what is not. If they decide something is not acceptable then it is called out.

• Conspiracy theories, Actually I do agree with this one, what I don't agree with however is how they can magically decide what is a conspiracy theory and what is general opinion and speculation based on available information or debate. Freedom of speech should be allowed to rule on this one whether that theory is right or wrong.
  • Facts. If any opinion or assumption is without fact in the form of a credible source then its called out. I'd like to remind them that this is not a court of law but a forum
  • Critical analysis, critical debate and creative thinking, all an important part of western education but here the unofficial moderators classify this is either a conspiracy theory or misinformation
  • Questioning the RTP procedures, previous statements and contradictions. This would form an important part of any transparent investigation in a civilized society.
I could go on and on but as far as I'm concerned the ignore button utility is now back on for the trio and will remain that way as I don't believe they have the right or expertise to act as judges and attempt to censor the genuine questions or debate out there, by all means dig into the bizarre crap but not that which is based mainly on the information to hand. If they wish to toe the line to every RTP decision and statement without question then let them do so.

Unfortunately even with the ignore button you can still see their posts if someone quotes them. This is then a dilemma as the urge to respond to some of their bias statements is enormous but I will do my best not to do so. I suggest everybody does the same but of course the choice is yours.

This is a forum for exchanging ideas, opinions and discussion. They are unable to abide by this so do not deserve any responses.

On my last note I would just like to point out the following. The UK government has expressed serious concerns at the possibility of corruption in this case, as has the Burmese house speaker, as has Amnesty International. They are not afraid to express those statements and nor should anyone else be.

A message to those unofficial moderators, respond all you like to this post, I wont see those posts nor do I have any time for your endless bias statements that are based solely on nothing other than your personal opinions. In future I would suggest when responding to a post that whatever you say or whatever opinion you state, that you also back that up with a credible source that is the only way I would in future respond and debate any issues with you.

The are huge Human Rights and corruption concerns in this case. This cannot be denied by anyone and if they do they form part of those issues.

In light of your own post where you stated unequivocally that you would stop speculating due to the statement by the victims' families, I would say that your entire post is hypocrisy.

BTW I have never told people not to post. Though I have been told not to by the conspiracy theorists.

Freedom of speech would certainly include calling people out on crap.

I am not an unofficial moderator.

Edited by jdinasia

Whether I understand the statement or not is irrelevant but as I thought neither of you can justify why the RTP tried to frame 2 other suspects in this case.

In light of your own post where you stated unequivocally that you would stop speculating due to the statement by the victims' families, I would say that your entire post is hypocrisy.

BTW I have never told people not to post. Though I have been told not to by the conspiracy theorists.

No you have not told people not to post but you have "liked" posts of people that do. You also do not answer questions if you can't support the RTP's actions so who is being a hypocrite?

A post commenting on Moderation has been removed

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

No you have not told people not to post but you have "liked" posts of people that do. You also do not answer questions if you can't support the RTP's actions so who is being a hypocrite?

He is.

Whether I understand the statement or not is irrelevant but as I thought neither of you can justify why the RTP tried to frame 2 other suspects in this case.

I'm not justifying anything, I'm asking people that make claims to substantiate them; that you see things that are not there speaks ill of your ability to arrive to conclusions regarding the Koh Tao murders.

By the way, pressuring suspects and framing suspects up are not the same thing.

The victims are the victims and not alleged victims. The defendants place themselves at the scene.

Both sets of parents of the victims issued a statement after having been briefed on the case by the UK police.

Both sets of parents of the victims made direct statements regarding the trial.

I am not basing my belief that the trial should happen on theory.

My bad it's susposed to be alleged suspects and not victims.

The defendants were at the scene ? Well yes so the DNA had indicated but so was the headman and another whom many believe is still the main suspect, so now we have cleared that part up eh?

Are you saying that witnesses can't And don't lie?

Hmmm we had A still from a video grab of the son in college, but not actually unedited footage of him walking but that's good enough to clear him then is it?

Do you know how many people give alibis to their loved ones and swear it's the truth?

Your issue is you've never stepped out the box to look at other possibilities because of your place within your RTA /RTP clique and just can't accept that there is still a possibility that this is a cover up.

You are right in that a trial should under any other circumstances be the correct way to conclude this case, but if you cannot see the errors and flaws that has happened along the way, your views and opinion will never change, just like those who disagree with you and your assessments.

When you keep stating you have no agenda in this, it's quite obvious to a few posters that you do have one and it's called defending the establishment !!

You dodged the simple question about corruption in the RTP by defecting it back to the UK police

You have never as far as I can see or read been critical of the coppers who tried to frame David's mate.

You have never criticised the coppers who posted the crime scene photos on social networks

Why is that?

Why is it that your opinion is "matter of fact" when your not in possession of any of the reports ? Or are you?

What makes this case so special to you?

It interests me as I was on Koh Tao just a few weeks prior to the murders and thought it was a beautiful place and I'm friends with some expats down there

Now we have a statement from those who have considerable insight into the case from both the defense and prosecution perspectives.

Having read the entire statements by both the Miller family and Witherbridge family with no spin at https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152642326445677&id=675065676&ref=bookmark

I will respect their wishes and avoid any further speculation on the case until it gets to trial and we can as observers judge the evidence from both sides. This for me was always about finding the correct killers and justice for the victims families.

I feel the support from the statement made by the Miller family for the Amnesty International call for justice on this case here http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/thailand-must-investigate-police-torture-allegations-and-not-violate-rights-tourist-murder-prob was a right thing to do and notable that it has still not been addressed.

"They must respond to these charges, and their arguments must be considered with the same scrutiny as those of the prosecution."

"we stand united and focused on seeing a fair and transparent trial process to bring about justice for our beautiful children."

The RTP investigation has been a complete farce and that is what has led to all the speculation, they brought it upon themselves. But I will now refrain from any more speculation in respect for the victims families until the trial gets underway and we can see the process and evidence unfold.

From page 5 of this very thread.

It didn't last long.

I'm not justifying anything, I'm asking people that make claims to substantiate them; that you see things that are not there speaks ill of your ability to arrive to conclusions regarding the Koh Tao murders.

I agree pressuring suspects and framing suspects up are not the same thing but getting a false confession is not pressuring its framing because the suspect would not be able to answer questions to make an honest police officer believe he was there if he was not. The first person framed had a pair of shorts put in his bag by a police officer is not not framing?

Now we have a statement from those who have considerable insight into the case from both the defense and prosecution perspectives.

Having read the entire statements by both the Miller family and Witherbridge family with no spin at https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152642326445677&id=675065676&ref=bookmark

I will respect their wishes and avoid any further speculation on the case until it gets to trial and we can as observers judge the evidence from both sides. This for me was always about finding the correct killers and justice for the victims families.

I feel the support from the statement made by the Miller family for the Amnesty International call for justice on this case here http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/thailand-must-investigate-police-torture-allegations-and-not-violate-rights-tourist-murder-prob was a right thing to do and notable that it has still not been addressed.

"They must respond to these charges, and their arguments must be considered with the same scrutiny as those of the prosecution."

"we stand united and focused on seeing a fair and transparent trial process to bring about justice for our beautiful children."

The RTP investigation has been a complete farce and that is what has led to all the speculation, they brought it upon themselves. But I will now refrain from any more speculation in respect for the victims families until the trial gets underway and we can see the process and evidence unfold.

From page 5 of this very thread.

It didn't last long.

When you try to question my integrity then I have no choice than to take your pathetic bait. I can quote at least half a dozen posts where I have called you out on your dishonesty and hypocracy. However I stay true to what I say and the statement I made above until the start of the trial. I challenge you to find just one post that you could state is speculation. There has been none as simple as that.

However as with the very clear example of this one below:

jdinasia, on 10 Dec 2014 - 10:55, said:snapback.png

thailandchilli, on 10 Dec 2014 - 10:02, said:snapback.png

Miller also suffered wounds on his hand, indicating a struggle had taken place, police said. A bloodstained garden hoe found near to the scene of the murders is believed to be the murder weapon. In another development, police said that a pair of bloodstained pants had been found in Miller's luggage. http://www.theguardi...stioned-koh-tao

As for the pair of stained pants found in Miller's luggage, the general admitted that the substance found on the clothing was not blood and that they belonged to Miller and the pair had been put in the victim's luggage by the first group of police officers. http://www.nationmul...t-30243629.html

And people wonder why we question the statements and evidence provided by the police?????????

Thankfully justice is on our side http://www.amnesty.o...ist-murder-prob

Still pushing conspiracy theories after you said you were stopping out of respect for the families

Then yes according to you I still speculate, to everyone else its called questioning but you carry on with your foundless and absurd accusations. Unfortunately your vested interests in Koh Tao with your 2 Thai dive master buddies, your restaurant owner friends and the 'professional people' you know there ruined any credibility you may have had from me a long time ago.

Edited by thailandchilli

I'll let others judge your behaviour after the post in question. It is clear that you are still promoting conspiracy theories, to me at least.

Strangely, I don't care at all about my credibility in your eyes :)

Yes I have friends on the island. Most divers who have lived in Thailand as long as I have also have friends there.

A few posts ago another conspiracy theorist also mentioned having friends on the island.

I agree pressuring suspects and framing suspects up are not the same thing but getting a false confession is not pressuring its framing because the suspect would not be able to answer questions to make an honest police officer believe he was there if he was not. The first person framed had a pair of shorts put in his bag by a police officer is not not framing?

No, it's not framing, that didn't happen. Go, look for yourself, then come back and have some humble pie, I'll bake it for you.