I just need 30 more days how to do?

Just came back to Chiangmmai after three months in Nepal via Malaysia. I was advvised in Penang that I probbably could nnot get any more TVs until I went back to my ownn ccounntry so came up on the train and had no difficulty at all to get 30 days and then got 30 more at chianngmai immigration.

Now my time will expire december 26 and I need to be here until ennd of January so how can i get just 30 more days the ccheapest and easiest way?

Mai sai is nno longer an option due to many previous stamps?

Another train fromm Mmalaysia?

A flight from kl to Chiangmai? Any nnegative reports from Chiangmai airport?

If I have ongoing plane ticket?

Thanhks for any suggestionns!

You can get another entry at Mae Sai. Since you have only had one this trip it should not be a problem.

They don't count old visa exempt entries or tourist visas.

Thanks Ubonjoe you have been extremely helpful getting me through this trip.

Will they be asking for plane ticket or money?

I wouldn't be so sure about Mae Sai. Just been up there today to activate the final entry on our multiple entry tourist visas. We had no problems at all, but the couple in front of us (European, but not sure exactly where from), were not allowed to exit Thailand. They told us they had tried earlier in the day to no avail and were now trying again, but again with no success as it turned out. They got pretty irate unfortunately, so the IO told them to go away. We understood they had entered as visa exempt originally, and were trying to get another 30 days. Before telling them to go away, the IO told them to go to CM immigration office on Monday. The new signs up at Mae Sai make it pretty clear that exit and re- entry without a visa of any sort is not allowed. If anyone else's experience is different, please let the OP know.

• Like 1

Mae Sot has been turning people back it they have not gotten the extension for of a visa exempt or tourist visa entry. That was probably the problem the people you mentioned had since they were told to go to a immigration office.

There has been reports of people doing visa exempt entries at Mae Sot. Some even by people getting two of them back to back.

I wouldn't be so sure about Mae Sai. Just been up there today to activate the final entry on our multiple entry tourist visas. We had no problems at all, but the couple in front of us (European, but not sure exactly where from), were not allowed to exit Thailand. They told us they had tried earlier in the day to no avail and were now trying again, but again with no success as it turned out. They got pretty irate unfortunately, so the IO told them to go away. We understood they had entered as visa exempt originally, and were trying to get another 30 days. Before telling them to go away, the IO told them to go to CM immigration office on Monday. The new signs up at Mae Sai make it pretty clear that exit and re- entry without a visa of any sort is not allowed. If anyone else's experience is different, please let the OP know.

How were these Europeans expecting a second 30 day V exemption at a land crossing anyway? IO was correct to send them away. Your post implies he/she was in some way intentionally making things difficult. I assume when the Europeans get to Chiang Mai Immigration they also won't have the required documents, photos, onward travel proof, hotel booking or fee either. And then they will post how bad Chiang Mai Immigration is and round and round we go...

How were these Europeans expecting a second 30 day V exemption at a land crossing anyway? IO was correct to send them away. Your post implies he/she was in some way intentionally making things difficult. I assume when the Europeans get to Chiang Mai Immigration they also won't have the required documents, photos, onward travel proof, hotel booking or fee either. And then they will post how bad Chiang Mai Immigration is and round and round we go...

And who are you say what is correct?

Why should they not expect it when its been a tradition for the past 15 or more years and now suddenly there is so much confusion and complete lack of any uniform policy. I used to be an expert on visa rules for tourists and now I am very confused about it. There is abbsolutely no need for showing cash, hotel bookings, or airline tickets at Chiangmai Immigration all thats needed is the tm7 form 1900 baht and a picture.

Your hostility only adds to the misinformation and paranoia but but I suppose that is your intension.

It could be their country also, a visa runner service called their contact at Mae Sai immigration about me (USA) they said I would get 30 days but even still you never know who or what you cann trust until you actually go annd find out for yourself.

And who are you say what is correct?

Why should they not expect it when its been a tradition for the past 15 or more years and now suddenly there is so much confusion and complete lack of any uniform policy. I used to be an expert on visa rules for tourists and now I am very confused about it. There is abbsolutely no need for showing cash, hotel bookings, or airline tickets at Chiangmai Immigration all thats needed is the tm7 form 1900 baht and a picture.

Your hostility only adds to the misinformation and paranoia but but I suppose that is your intension.

Um yeah... I wasn't hostile. Just asked a simple question. Land crossings are 15 day entries not 30. Take a sedative guy.