Whats with all the foreign women and couples at the gogo bars these days?

shaggy851

What a ridiculous and discriminatory post. I like how you threw in the part about the old couple as if that has any relation to what you are talking about. I wasn't aware there was a policy about who could and couldn't check out gogo bars. Don't know about "these days" but I have had mates bringing their gf's to places like Pattaya and Phuket since at least far back as 2000, so again maybe you don't get out enough. I know of one couple in particular that make the journey to Patts at least 3 times a year and spend hundreds of thousands of baht in gogo's buying ping pong balls, ladies drinks, shots, ringing bells and barfining girls they love it and why not. I thought Thailand was all about up to you?? Mates of my sisters comes over here for a play and even back home in Sydney if they are on a big night out will go and check out the strippers. So to say they aren't spending any money is also wrong. I would say the only people that would feel uncomfortable about it are people who themselves might not think they are doing the right thing (read 60 year old men tampering with teenagers). So to answer your question it is nothing new, has been going on for ages and if they are having a great night and spending money good luck to them. I'm all for it. There is a ton of liberal minded people and couples out there so to suggest that they are only there as voyeurs is also pretty simple minded. Even if they are only there to look, so what! How many cheap charlies sit in gogo's nurse a beer for hours only to have a look and also don't buy lady drinks or bar fine the girls. They should be barred as well. Your OP will probably garner a lot of favour from your older TV experts who are living in a time warp and think the whole system is only geared towards a certain sort of punter.

• Like 1

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They've come to gawp at the whoremongers.

Usual comment from the holier than though brigade. You should try possibly try living in Laos..."whoremongers" only underground there...Or even better..Why not try Saudi Arabia or Iran? Just your type of scene..Nice conservative lifestyle uninterrupted by people you consider obscene, or just not at your moral level...

You of course have never frequented such establishments, or paid for a lady..bah.gif

Where did I make a moral judgement? The bar scene makes for quite a spectacle for non-participants. Plenty of tourists come to have a look at something Bangkok is famed for.

Not sure what you mean 'of course'. It so happens I've never paid for sex (lets not trot old the old 'we all pay for it' cliche). I am aware that others do so. Is it so hard for you to believe that some do not.

I thought Thailand was all about up to you??

Thailand is not some free-for-all playground for farangs to do whatever they want in.

Mate if it's there and it's out in the open and I am willingly being encouraged to participate then I say go for it. Get down off your high horse. The point I was making is why shouldn't couples and females be allowed in gogo bars which is what the OP is about. Forget about putting that farang &lt;deleted&gt; on champ save it for someone you see down your local makro or tesco's I probably been living here longer than you have.. pillock

• Like 1

Thailand is not some free-for-all playground for farangs to do whatever they want in.

SB ... what Thailand is ... what ever Thailand is to the Individual.

No need to cast your moral net here.

My Thailand is as different as your Thailand as it, most likely's starky's Thailand.

Plus, I know my Thailand has changed over the years, as I have changed.

• Like 1

I never look at western women, only Thai women , they are much more attractive with there dark skin ; for the OP, I think too that it's a tourist attraction

I recognize that bar scene is not my thing : yesterday afternoon , beeing in Bangkok, I walked in soi 4 , just to see ( second time in my life ) : how sad I felt to see these farangs with their beer, loud music and girls around, doing nothing but looking the passers by in the street : nothing more interresting to do ? They are here every day ? all the day time ?

I too think much of the farang woman tourist trade who frequent that scene are simply curious to see what goes on, and maybe interested in joining in the fun. Can you blame them?

I think your statements about not looking at Western women is fairly common for Western men who choose to live in Asia. I have always loved women, have always had women friends, and found attractive women in every country I visited. However, I too prefer Asian women; I believe Asian women are more beautiful, more feminine, more caring, more understanding, and more willing to please than Western women.

Before someone accuses me of taking advantage of the poor underprivileged Asian woman, or wanting a subservient female to dominate, or taking an Asian because I cannot get a Western woman; let me laugh and state I have always had specific standards for the women with whom I consort. Foremost among those standards is the fact she must be more than good looking and able to spread her legs. I want an honest, loving, intelligent, and ambitious woman who cares for me; and I am willing to reciprocate. I have been lucky enough to find a few, one was even Western. Unfortunately, too many men cannot, or do not, find a lasting relationship of mutual attraction; perhaps they are not willing to give enough of themselves to the relationship, perhaps they simply make the wrong choices. Do not give up on your Western sisters, they too can fit into your desires, but you must have something more than a few baht to offer too.

• Like 1

It's a tourist attraction.

You are very much on the mark.

Remember that one of the things that Bangkok is known for is the go go bars and it is like Nana, Soi cowboy, Khoa san Rd and Patpong the places that you have to go to at least once.

Add to that the Ping Pong et al shows on patpong. If you go in you will see not just Foreign couples but also Thai's that have heard of these and are curious.

It is actually fun to go in and watch the women when the girls start shooting things towards them.

The only problem with these people is that while they want to see the show they think that buying a beer or a coke is good enough and willnot pay the admission or give the girls a tip.

Tourist, including women, are curious to see it all, of course. My parents, who are in their 70s, are coming to Bangkok next month, and they have indicated that they want to see the go-go bars (my mom has probably already prepared her speech about how shocking and disgusting it all is). It's really something to see for anyone coming from a country where prostitution isn't so open.

And, yeah, they like to look at the guys taking the girls as well.

"My worry is its bad for the girls there, i was the only one buying lady drinks and getting friendly with the staff and i was certainly the only patron to pay a barfine."

You mean bad for the girls because men would be too ashamed to buy drinks and take the girls out in front of all those western women? It's interesting to think that they would feel such a degree of shame. Many probably do... I often hear western men cursing western women, like the opinions of western women don't matter to them, but I think they still care how they are seen by western women, or by anyone that might judge them for hiring the services at a go-go bar.

• Like 2

Reasons..........

-Some western women like women.

-Some western tourists like to see the famous nightlife.

-It is high season and more tourists are present.

-The male wishes to go but has his wife who insists on going also, so both appear.

-Many women, secretly, are excited by the atmosphere but appear to be objecting.

-Some women like the obvious reassurance that all men are bad, in their minds.

-To pick up a third person for a three way.

As most people know, the Nana Entertainment Plaza area has changed over the last three years where more ladyboys and other gender benders are present and the overall atmosphere is more gritty and grim at night. Also, now one bar girl shows definite anger if a male customer wishes to attend to a different girl as the evening goes on. NEP is not what it used to be for better or worse depending on personal taste.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

SB ... what Thailand is ... what ever Thailand is to the Individual.

No need to cast your moral net here.

My Thailand is as different as your Thailand as it, most likely's starky's Thailand.

Plus, I know my Thailand has changed over the years, as I have changed.

Thanks Dave thumbsup.gif being an offshore worker Starky's Thailand used to be hectic to say the least but now Starky's Thailand is living a quiet life up North with the Missus and 2 beautiful kids who have never even set foot in Pattaya or other similar haunts so my Thailand now is very different but still greatwai.gif

• Like 1

in case you take one of those farang cows, do you have to pay a barfine too ?

smile.png

mai dee ... not (a) good comment.

No need to gutter talk here.

Sure, we are all adults ... but let's at least stay on the pavement/sidewalk ... no need for the Gutter.

... and believe me ... I'm no Moral Crusader.

Via la Thailand ... for all it's idiosyncrasies

It's a tourist attraction.

I reckon that comments not too wide of the mark.

Where I live when I'm in the west, there nothing like NANA or SoiCowboy.

Could also be curiosity.

They see these places on the news at home and want to experience it for themselves.

If their presence is suppressing the Clubs business, maybe they won't be welcome in the future.

Try going to Hamburg Germany...it's like nana soi cowboy and pattaya all in one...multiplied by 100.. oh yes don't bring any lady friends with you ..the usually get ice buckets town at them or worse.

It's a very discriminatory topic.

So, when old, ugly western men pick up young Thai girls, it's normal. But when western women have a fun in go-go bars, it's a reason to start a topic like this.

We came here to escape them, not have them frown at us picking up hookers.

In Canada they have 'women only' and 'men only' bars, neither gets to interfere with the customers of the other.

PS

I have no problem with lesbians buying hookers in the same bar as me, but that isn't the agenda of most of these women.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Fear of what?

You claim no interest in Thai hookers,

Why keep posting in this thread?

(or is it your partner that wants to buy a girl for the night?)

You don't have to want to sleep with them to find the subject interesting.

Although to be honest, it's more the behaviour and attitudes of their customers I find interesting. I guess it's natural to be curious about somebody who's willing to do something you wouldn't dream of.

So why does the presence of a western woman bother you?

Rubberneckers. But the whole gogo bar experience isn't what it was twenty or thirty years ago. I drink at home and choke the chicken instead these days.

Certainly not the same,but flying the kite in Thailand is not necessary,times must be hard out your way.