'You dead yet?' reckless Bangkok van driver asks upset passenger (VIDEO)

webfact

'You dead yet?' reckless van driver asks upset passenger (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

van_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- While most people sit silently and accept their fates aboard safety-challenged public transport, one woman stood up for endangered passengers everywhere in a video which went viral during the holiday weekend.

After reminding a van driver ferrying her and other souls from the Victory Monument to somewhere in Chonburi that he was responsible for their lives on Friday, a woman was stumped by the driver’s cunning rhetoric.

“Well, are you dead yet?” he asks in the video posted Saturday to YouTube by “Complain Van,” who obviously created the account for this specific reason.

He makes it clear he ran out of Fs for his passengers a long time ago. What if you’re some kind of safety official, and you sit right next to him while he’s driving? Nope, he won’t care.

This is pretty much how the conversation goes:
Passenger: Is it necessary to drive at 140 kilometers an hour? [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/08/you-dead-yet-reckless-van-driver-asks-upset-passenger

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-12-08
  • Like 2

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's he to be afraid of? What's his motivation?
He has no fear of non-existant policing, hates his wife, and has apparenty gone to great lengths to swath himself in fairytales magic- But I'd bet he cares if you fk with his money.

This place sure could benefit from a general strike right about now.

• Like 2

You can see just how fast it is from the video blink.pngblink.png

I have become somewhat numb to these white knuckle van rides from using them so often. Have only ever been in one accident (not serious) and a few close calls. That is NOT me condoning the way they drive. Enough people die weekly in those death traps.

Expect more deaths over the new year period. These Van drivers get paid not by the hour but by the load of passengers and they will be working over time over the NY period. No doubt taking some 'wakey wakey' pills to keep them going and drive more idiotically.

• Like 1

Good on her for speaking up. But seriously when stuff like this goes viral the sound of those who can actually implement meaningful change is deafening.

Jobs like these give the more rogue ish Thai males (like this fool here in the clip) a chance to be the king of their castle. I hope this particular fool gets some kind of dressing down or at the very least a fine for it. Might make him think a little bit, that's assuming he doesn't forget or simply chooses to put it on ignore

Bloke should have his license suspended and then maybe he would give a shit about his customers who pay his salary.

This is the type of cockiness that is born from doing the same shit day in day out on a loop but all it takes is one little slip or one loss of concentration and people could be dead or in wheelchairs for the rest of their lives.

Edited by bkkgooner
  • Like 2

The tragic thing is that these mini bus drivers really think that they are good drivers.
Cause of action and impact assessment of one's actions,
incapable of learning from their own driving mistakes.

Defensive, anticipatory driving, many have not learned.

Those vans are the best idea, you can go almost everywhere in them. Problem is the idiot drivers, who seem to make up the largest percent of them. Last November took one to Trat and back. Never again, I don't even consider them an option anymore. As a result, I am stuck in Bangkok more, but at least I am alive (because nothing in Bangkok has killed me yet either 55!)

last i checked they still had big modern aircondition buses to trat from ekkamai, last i too one in that direction i had no qualms with the bus drivers driving.

Last I checked, this was a thread about vans.

Last I checked the poster was making a valid point about alternatives sheesh!

• Like 1

I just did a visarun to Vientiane. The driver never exceeded 120kmh, but did tailgating all over the time which led into a couple of critical situations. This van hat seat belts for every seats, but nobody used it. We were only farangs.