Myanmar men plead not guilty to murder of British tourists on Koh Tao

webfact

The Sunglasses......

As we all have seen, besides the mobile phone, the accused have now been charged with stealing David's sunglasses as well.....

1. Where do these sunglasses come from suddenly?
  2. Why now, almost 3 months into the investigation, why we hear about this now?
  3. Normally the RTP screamed every single piece of evidence all over the media for the world to hear, why this one was kept a "secret"?
  4. This one we have not heard from before, how come?
  5. Isn't it highly illogical to keep somebody's sunglasses after such an horrific crime?
  6. Where was it found?
  7. Was it in the B2's possession?
  8. Or was it also behind their house where they apparently threw away the phone?
  9. Were there any fingerprints on these sunglasses?
  10. When were these sunglasses found?
  11. What model sunglasses did David have?
  12. Why did he carry his sunglasses that night?
  13. Is there any picture from David with his sunglasses?
  14. Is this maybe a crucial piece of circumstantial evidence that tipped over the prosecutor to prosecute
  15. Anybody heard about these sunglasses before?

Version 1:

After some excellent investigation of the RTP they found these sunglasses in the bushes not too far from the B2's room. This new breakthrough came after they were tipped off by a new eyewitness. Excellent work RTP!

Version 2:

After the case being send back for the 2nd or 3rd time somebody figured out something more was needed besides the phone, a new piece of circumstantial evidence maybe back-upped by a new eyewitness?

I know what my choice would be.......I also know who will prefer the first version.

Or version 3, your are not privy to all the details of the investigation; how that obvious, simple and most likely explanation eluded you should give you pause.

You are correct I don't know all the details of the investigation, however it is an indisputable fact the RTP has been screaming ALL their findings & evidence all over the media drum like a Hollywood movie since day one of this investigation........ except this one, this one comes falling out of the blue sky! That is very very very strange to say the least and I question every single bit of information out there, especially if it suddenly comes from an RTP press release.

• Like 1

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see one 6 days ago on Bangkok Post site. Other links are on this thread.

No no we all saw that one....I even posted about this on Dec 4th

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/781591-koh-tao-thai-court-charges-pair-over-murders-of-british-backpackers/page-3#entry8759031

I mean a much older link please, not one from the last week, lets say anything between the crime date (+ 2 months or so) with the wording spectacles / sunglasses. Thank you!

Edited by Krenjai

jdinasia post # 210.

The sunglasses were referred to as spectacles in previous news reports.

Sorry it was a misprint.

The term ''spectacles'' was actually used in referring to the varied, creative and inventive investigation techniques to obtain the evidence that was abused by the police farce force

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Just watched a program on Koh Tao in Australia and Thailand was dragged through the pig pen and came out smelling worse than the excrement.

Do you have the name of this program and the channel it may have been shown on please?

jdinasia post # 210.

Sorry it was a misprint.

The term ''spectacles'' was actually used in referring to the varied, creative and inventive investigation techniques to obtain the evidence that was used by the police force

Who knows where these spectacles come from, never seen David in glasses in any pics in KT or or his facebook, but possible he had reading glasses I suppose, but why would the B2 take reading glasses?? EDIT> If it happened to be sunglasses then why take them out at night?

Sounds very fishy. Much the same as Chris Ware at one point being accused of having bloody trousers in his bag only later for the police to admit, that the first set of police had put them in there.

This supposed new piece of evidence has been leaked deliberately or by mistake??

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 2

This is a cut and paste of a post I made in another thread here on T.V

Might be an idea that might actually be followed in a normal society or even here to follow the same route as this controversial case in South Africa.

The evidence was considered very dubious and the judge took the right decision on the case maybe those pointers should or could be used here.

Shrien Dewani acquitted. Interesting to see the parallels in that case with this case concerning the horrific Koh Tao murders and the evidence offered by the police here.

Shrien Dewani has been cleared of playing any role in the "honeymoon murder" of his wife as a South African judge threw out the case against him and ruled that the prosecution case had been "riddled with contradictions".

http://www.independent.co.uk/

I agree that from the beginning there have been many inconsistent statements made and if this results in the matter been thrown out so be it. If the matter does proceed, then I hope, for their sakes, that they have a competent lawyer, one who is confident of his clients' innocence. His statement that he would do his best and hope that the system is fair, does not install a lot of confidence in me.

I do not know if, in Thailand, he is entitled to a brief of evidence, as it is in the western system, but if he is, then the lawyer's comments cause even more concern because it suggest he knows more then any of us do. If he does not and cannot get access to the evidence against his clients then I too would have fears and understand why he has expressed himself as he has.

• Like 1

post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Many of you would be all too happy to see these two murdering rapists released, just to prevent a personal existential crisis. Anything, including letting the culprits free would be preferable to eating humble pie! So much for justice in TV blablaland!

Edited by Impossible

Post removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Post removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

The two poor boys are from Rakhine State in NW Myanmar and so can be called Myanmar workers, as they are Myanmar nationals.

Ethnically they are Arakanese. (They do not look like Bengalis) and they speak Arakanese.

Myanmar is now the correct name of this country as it reflects the breadth of ethnic diversity more than the name Burmese, (representing a single tribe; Burman) does. One day the Brits and the US will have to accept this.

A common misuse of the word Myanmar is using it as the name for the national language. i.e. I speak Myanmar. Thats like saying, 'I speak Thailand'. The national language of Myanmar is Burmese.

KOH SAMUI: -- Two Myanmar workers……

I know that people from Burma are Burmese and that Burma is now Myanmar. But I don’t like the phrase Two Myanmar workers that continually appears in the press. So what can they be? Does Myanmarese work? Or Myanmarian? Myanmarish?

Anything else work?

Two Myanmar workers – don’t like it – am over it.

What? w00t.gif

Two Brits; two British men; Two Americans; two Yanks, Two frogs; Two French men; and so forth.

What is wrong with two Myanmar workers? You prefer Myanmese workers, or Burmese workers?

Myanmarian? Myanmarish? Jeez, you must go through some kebabs, or smoke them. facepalm.gif

When the democratically elected leader calls it Myanmar then so will I, until then I agree with her, it's Burma.

• Like 1

Many of you would be all too happy to see these two murdering rapists released, just to prevent a personal existential crisis. Anything, including letting the culprits free would be preferable to eating humble pie! So much for justice in TV blablaland!

Really ?

I personally would like to see them punished IF there is viable evidence that they indeed did it. So far I have not seen that evidence, and before you call them murdering rapists, maybe wait until that evidence does surface as so far they have precious little in the way of evidence that we have all been made aware off.

They might have more evidence which they haven't disclosed yet, but until that evidence is revealed, I would certainly say calling them murdering rapists is a wee bit premature.

Sjaak, Sjaak, doesn't your post perfectly represent what was stated in mine? Even official statements released by one of the slain victim's parents wherein they themselves utter that the evidence that was shared with them is convincing doesn't seem to get through to you?

Really ?

I personally would like to see them punished IF there is viable evidence that they indeed did it. So far I have not seen that evidence, and before you call them murdering rapists, maybe wait until that evidence does surface as so far they have precious little in the way of evidence that we have all been made aware off.

They might have more evidence which they haven't disclosed yet, but until that evidence is revealed, I would certainly say calling them murdering rapists is a wee bit premature.

Sjaak, Sjaak, doesn't your post perfectly represent what was stated in mine? Even official statements released by one of the slain victim's parents wherein they themselves utter that the evidence that was shared with them is convincing doesn't seem to get through to you?

Ah so it's a done deal then, just because the parents of the victims say there is convincing evidence, we should all forget about a fair trial for the accused and carry out the punishment.

Apart from the fact that these remarks could actually influence the fairness of the trial, I personally would like to see a fair trail commence in which this convincing evidence is brought forward.

Until such time, calling the accused murdering rapist remains premature.

• Like 2

jdinasia post # 210.

Sorry it was a misprint.

The term ''spectacles'' was actually used in referring to the varied, creative and inventive investigation techniques to obtain the evidence that was used by the police force

Who knows where these spectacles come from, never seen David in glasses in any pics in KT or or his facebook, but possible he had reading glasses I suppose, but why would the B2 take reading glasses?? EDIT> If it happened to be sunglasses then why take them out at night?

Sounds very fishy. Much the same as Chris Ware at one point being accused of having bloody trousers in his bag only later for the police to admit, that the first set of police had put them in there.

This supposed new piece of evidence has been leaked deliberately or by mistake??

This was another thing.......... in the real world it would mean an investigation into the Police as to why they would put a pair of bloody trousers into a friend of the victims bag and then publicly admit it.......is that not a "fit up" and admitted by them,crazy......this on its own is terrible enough let alone all the other bungles by them.........how can they be trusted when they did that and then some posters on here think they have done a good job!!! .....and that they wouldnt fabricate evidence even when they admit themselves to already trying a fit up at the beginning. Whose blood and trousers was it?

Edited by tattoodrob
  • Like 1

Thailand knows Burma cannot fight back diplomatically, that's why they are pushing case rapidly. Only solution is all Burmese labors should leave Thailand immediately for 3 months, so that all resorts and hotels should close down during the high season.

That will never happen as you know. They need there job to help support the family.

If you really want to hurt the Thai economy and bring about significant change then it's the foreign expats who should walk out en mass - only when that happens will you see the Thai gov willing to make changes. Take just Phuket alone ... imagine what it would be like without western money to prop it up.

KOH SAMUI: -- Two Myanmar workers……

I know that people from Burma are Burmese and that Burma is now Myanmar. But I don’t like the phrase Two Myanmar workers that continually appears in the press. So what can they be? Does Myanmarese work? Or Myanmarian? Myanmarish?

Anything else work?

Two Myanmar workers – don’t like it – am over it.

Continue to use the phrase Burmese. I consider the term Myanmar to be a nod to the multi billionaire, heroin dealing generals who still run the country, despite the excellent PR to the contrary. Nothing has changed, in any substantial sort of way, according to my Burmese friends, and my ex-pat friends who have lived and worked there for years. The US was convinced by the Chinese to drop the boycott, in order to allow the Chinese to buy cheaper supplies for their concessions there. It has all been a big show.

• Like 2

Really ?

Ah so it's a done deal then, just because the parents of the victims say there is convincing evidence, we should all forget about a fair trial for the accused and carry out the punishment.

Apart from the fact that these remarks could actually influence the fairness of the trial, I personally would like to see a fair trail commence in which this convincing evidence is brought forward.

It's however less premature than to announce to the world that these "poor boys" are absolutely innocent, a popular past-time on TV, and going against the parents request to grant them their right to privacy. I personally am appalled that TV has unfortunately not had the decency to respect their wishes, and ban the subject from the forum. Is it because it sells? Has TV turned into just another senseless paparazzi style publisher?

This thread goes against all decency by allowing these insensible comments to appear inspite of the victims' parents' plea! Shame on you TV!

Sunglasses.

Is this post of any use ?

Sunglasses. David had sunglasses. I have sunglasses as I expect you do. Most people in sunny climates wear sunglasses. Even people in cold snowy countries own sunglasses.

So what does a post that simply says sunglasses mean ?

Tell me how the hell would anybody know if I stole your sunglasses JD ?

Your gloves I could understand, as I'm sure your mother still sews your name into them. But please how the <deleted> do you know who owns a pair of sunglasses ?

• Like 1

It's however less premature than to announce to the world that these "poor boys" are absolutely innocent, a popular past-time on TV, and going against the parents request to grant them their right to privacy. I personally am appalled that TV has unfortunately not had the decency to respect their wishes, and ban the subject from the forum. Is it because it sells? Has TV turned into just another senseless paparazzi style publisher?

This thread goes against all decency by allowing these insensible comments to appear inspite of the victims' parents' plea! Shame on you TV!

No that is actually less premature, remember not guilty until proven guilty.

From what we have been told so far, I cannot possibly believe these two are guilty and it indeed looks suspiciously like they are being used as scapegoats. Remember it's not so outrageous as it sounds considering the RTP have done this before.

To be honest, I fail to see how any DNA evidence they might have could possibly be admissible considering half the island was walking at the crime scene.

The RTP have only themselves to blame for this, no need to point at anyone else.

I fail to see how discussing this case would violate the parents privacy. Banning the subject, yeah that would work, maybe they can ask the dear leader to do it, would suit him fine I guess.

Anyway, if during the court hearing convincing, non fabricated evidence will be submitted that proves beyond any doubt that the two indeed did it, I will be the first to admit it.

I personally find that unlikely, but rest assured these two will go down, no matter what, Thai Justice will be served.

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

You are such a joke. You can't be serious about your statement. Most people here never said the b2 were absolutely innocent. The only tv guys who are absolute about anything are the guys who are defending the rtp, hence you.

How can you deny anyone's right to a fair trial. You should not be preaching about respecting anyone. You don't even know how to respect two individual rights.

If you can proof to me that rtp can be 100% trusted, then I will never post on this thread again. The idea of theses type of forum is to allow people to express their views and share collective ideas. If it doesn't fit your views, I suggest you stay away. Find a thread which shares your idea. How dare you dictate what thread should be close or opened. A bit silly.

Obviously most everyone here know there are a lot of corrupt cops. That's is the main concern here. The ability for an individual human being to get a fair trial. Nothing indecent about that!

• Like 1

Really ?

I think people forget that these parents are grieving for their lost. So in their mind they want to find closure as soon as possible. And the only think that is presented to them is the police report. The report that is made up by many inconsistency and questionable method and procedure. And by an organization that most Thais know can't be fully trusted.

Right now as I see it, there are only four families that really have the rights to allow this to continue or not. Those are:

The two family of the two murdered victims.

The two family of the two accused.

And no one else on this forum and not even the government.

So far I see that majority (3 out of 4) of the families still do not believe every thing fed to them by the RTP. So they still need the support of the public to put on the pressure on the rtp to get the right murderers and just not brush it off.

• Like 1

Of course they plead not guilty.

Do you plead not guilty to having a crap every day? Of course you do!

I have not been before a judge about taking a crap but if asked I would confess the nasty truth for sure.

But unlike my natural body function that I am guilty of, these two are falsely accused.