Land Crossing as a UK Citizen, How Many Days?

Those from the G7 countries (UK is one) still get 30 days at a border crossing. You can get another visa exempt entry (not an extension) if you don't have more than one previously.

You can extend a visa exempt entry for 30 days at immigration now. The fee will be 1900 baht.

• 1 year later...

Those from the G7 countries (UK is one) still get 30 days at a border crossing. You can get another visa exempt entry (not an extension) if you don't have more than one previously.

You can extend a visa exempt entry for 30 days at immigration now. The fee will be 1900 baht.

Is this info still true? I have made a mistake and booked a flight to Luang Prubang and they dont have a Embassy so i will be coming back in visa exempt.

Can i get a 30 day extension after rather than having to leave the country 30 days later?

Is this info still true? I have made a mistake and booked a flight to Luang Prubang and they dont have a Embassy so i will be coming back in visa exempt.

Can i get a 30 day extension after rather than having to leave the country 30 days later?

You can get the 30 day extension without a problem..

Foreigners entering Thailand by any means under the Tourist Visa Exemption category are required at the port of entry to have proof of onward travel (confirmed air, train, bus or boat tickets) to leave Thailand within 30 days of the arrival date (otherwise a tourist visa must be obtained).

How do i get in if i dont have onward travel to get an extension? Have you got a link to the way round this?

Immigration does not normally ask to see a ticket out within 30 days. It is the airline that can ask for one. You could look for a low cost one way ticket to a nearby country within 30 days.

Another option you could look at would be a domestic flight from Luang Prubang to Vientiane on Lao Airways and a return after you get your visa.

Immigration does not normally ask to see a ticket out within 30 days. It is the airline that can ask for one. You could look for a low cost one way ticket to a nearby country within 30 days.

Another option you could look at would be a domestic flight from Luang Prubang to Vientiane on Lao Airways and a return after you get your visa.

I was just going to take the 30 days and then fly back to Vientiane after. My return will be 7th April and after 30 days that will land me in the middle of the big holiday at the beginning of May when the Thai Embassy will be closed in Vientiane.

Looks like i will have to hope i have no problems coming in and go to immigration after the 30 days.

Thanks for your help!