Immigration office is officially broken..

LivinLOS

I did my 90 day report last month in BKK at Bumrungrad International Hospital.

I went for my 2 month check up on my heart, and it so happened that my 90 day was up.

The hospital has a immigration service for patients there, and just used my hotel address for stay,

and filled out the form.

Had to pay 600 baht for the service and got it back the next morning.

Well worth it as i dread going to the immigration office for Korat.

What would be a nice addition @ immigration albeit a small one?

A drop box where we can drop off an envelope with our 90 day forms & return envelope included

I guess the drawback being no delivery receipt ?

But if it was a slot right at the counter or the outside wall that drops into a box

behind the counter I would happily use it.

In theory a very nice idea.

However, if you never received it back..........proof of dropping it off?

As you are planning to travel overseas urgently you would not need to do a 90 day report if within the time, 15 days before 7 days after due date?

And you can get your reentry at the airport.

If you are passing thru Immigration at reasonable hours. Late or v early, perhaps not.

A drop box where we can drop off an envelope with our 90 day forms & return envelope included

But if it was a slot right at the counter or the outside wall that drops into a box

Yes that is the drawback I thought of too.

I guess mail is just as easy of course but just thought maybe easy also for those waiting there

& early ( not needing it back that day) maybe a drop & return pick up slip next day etc. From a student

with just slips for pick-up box

Might help clear the room a bit.

But again...Could be claims of never receiving it I guess

PS: Oh maybe just that student at a desk...?

You hand her your packet...she writes date & time on it & gives you a #slip

Come back a day or more later give her the #slip & she gives you your new 90 day slip?

Edited by mania

I guess mail is just as easy of course but just thought maybe easy also for those waiting there

& early ( not needing it back that day) maybe a drop & return pick up slip next day etc. From a student

Come back a day or more later give her the #slip & she gives you your new 90 day slip?

Wouldn't it be easier to post it?

• Like 2

None of the post I've read so far has asked you where this was, surprised me that as it is usually one of the first questions asked when it's not stated?

Question, in which forum are we now ? Euhhhhm the Chiang Mai forum, that would give people a clue where this was.

:wai:

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Ohh just for reference.. On the re-entry stuff at maybe 10:30 or 11 am I was given a number up at 160 and it was currently 90ish.. They only got up to 12x or 130 by days end..

both re-entry and 90 day reports seemed to tick up unusually slowly.. Would have assumed a 90 day report is a 2 - 3 min task.. Felt like taking 5 to 10 mins each one through the afternoon. Possibly they are purposefully pushing people to mail them in ??

1. Why r u going in person; send someone like wife.

2. Go as soon as it opens, not stroll in at 11am.

3. Why do you expect such good service; you are lucky to be allowed to live here.

4. If you do not like it here, there are airplanes leaving every minute.

5. Whining about your precious retired time is unseemly and embarrassing to you.

There is not really a lot they can do to improve they system here in Chiang Mai. It all has to come from Bangkok. There are a few changes such as making the forms available outside so people coming early can get one and have it filled out. All so on the outside clearly demonstrate what is needed to go along with the form so people can have that ready when they come in. Stop helping people to fill them out. This would greatly increase the amount they could handle. There are forms available on line for those with access to a computer.

In general until Bangkok lets them build a new building and hire adequate staff things are about as good as they are going to get. As I say stop filling in the forms for people would be a great help.

1. Forms in Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Japanese, Urdu, Khmer, Myanmar, Malay, Indonesian, Filipino, Swahili, Afrikaans et al might also help in that case.

2. Can you change the record? biggrin.png

Just as soon as you change the facts.biggrin.png

Here's an idea to reduce the queues.

The space in the office isn't big enough for more staff. Whilst waiting for a possible new building, why don't they send immigration officers out to do annual extensions (3 month in case of Ed visas) to places foreigners work - the universities, the schools; and to the language centers. This would free up officers at the office to process marriage and retirement visas, would reduce the mass scrum, and with the universities, schools and language centers knowing when the officials are coming and, in most cases, knowing the paperwork requirements, all should be fairly quick and they'd only need to employ another two immigration officers.

Edited by naboo

Two trips instead of one. I vote for posting it. All so part of the problem is they don't have desk space for another employee. It has never been a problem for me but they are now saying that they prefer it to be posted so that is what I shall do.

The advantage to posting it is it takes less manpower to process. If it is incomplete they just ignore it instead of spending time explaining it and at times filling it out for you.

I also forgot to mention that they used to have a nice little snack bar out the back, you could get a quick meal or a drink. Now they have rented most of the space behind the counters to some shit coffee bar that sells overpriced crap, like Starfucks. The place that used to sell food and drink is now a full blown photocopy shop! ( They make you go there when they deliberately loose one of your photocopies at immigration, just so you have to pay their <deleted> mates 2 Baht a pop!)

I also forgot to mention that they used to have a nice little snack bar out the back, you could get a quick meal or a drink. Now they have rented most of the space behind the counters to some shit coffee bar that sells overpriced crap, like Starfucks. The place that used to sell food and drink is now a full blown photocopy shop! ( They make you go there when they deliberately loose one of your photocopies at immigration, just so you have to pay their <deleted> mates 2 Baht a pop!)

Do you sleep with one eye open?

• Like 1

Probably smile.png

Will let you know tomorrow is my first posting of it in years

Just thought of the drop box as I pass by there often wink.png

and it's the only spot in just about the entire city that doesn't have some decent snack food out front, kind of like outlawing tailgating at a football game. And the service station across the street doesn't sell anything. I've even strolled over to the airport and gone through security, instead of lingering in that miserable place. No telling what kind of toilets they have, but likely disgusting.

Luck of the draw dude. I've spent as much as three hours there for a 90 day, yet my last visit I was in and out in under 15 minutes. Trust me. I've vented and complained too. It's fruitless. Better to let it go and better luck next time. Hell will freeze over before this changes.

• Like 1

and it's the only spot in just about the entire city that doesn't have some decent snack food out front, kind of like outlawing tailgating at a football game. And the service station across the street doesn't sell anything. I've even strolled over to the airport and gone through security, instead of lingering in that miserable place. No telling what kind of toilets they have, but likely disgusting.

Next time you go to the airport get on a plane and go somewhere that has toilets you like.

90 day report problems are the staffs fault.

It takes 30-60 seconds for them to process a 90 day report.

Scan bar code, stamp and sign printout.

No excuses for taking longer.

Perhaps so, but what do you or anyone else intend to do about it? We are all aware of the inconvenience caused and no one is disputing what you say, just that there is noting we can do to change the situation.

Oscar2, your posts have been invaluable and thank you for that. For my next 90 day report I am going to be daring and give the post option a try.

If anyone else uses the post option please let us know of your good and bad experiences using this system.

Used it 3 weeks ago for the first time.

Registered mail and it took only 5 days to get it back in the mail.

Perfect !

Ohh just for reference.. On the re-entry stuff at maybe 10:30 or 11 am I was given a number up at 160 and it was currently 90ish.. They only got up to 12x or 130 by days end..

both re-entry and 90 day reports seemed to tick up unusually slowly.. Would have assumed a 90 day report is a 2 - 3 min task.. Felt like taking 5 to 10 mins each one through the afternoon. Possibly they are purposefully pushing people to mail them in ??

3. Why do you expect such good service; you are lucky to be allowed to live here.

5. Whining about your precious retired time is unseemly and embarrassing to you.

Heaven forbid someone expect something to go smoothly and orderly. You should round up a posse and hang him high, then head back to your high and mighty bar stool.

• Like 1

Next time you go to the airport get on a plane and go somewhere that has toilets you like.

Can't imagine the amount of booze a man must consume daily to not care about clean toilets, but it must be a lot.

No telling what kind of toilets they have, but likely disgusting.

The toilets are fine.

Yeah, I've seen worse, but sometimes the toilets can be problematic. Better bring your own tissue in case you have to do an emergency clean-up of the facilities and don't wait until the last minute. Usually they lock one of the two toilets (staff keeps the key for themselves), so the teaming masses have to share the other.

• Like 1

What a boot licker !

Some things about living here are superb.. And I say so.. Some things about living here are a pain in the arse.. and I say so..

The if you dont like everything leave posters.. Are one of the pains in the arse..

And yes.. My time is both valuable and precious..

• Like 1

re-entry at airport, no ?

90 days in the mail ...

You did read the OP ??

Leaving by a land border.. Changes of plans means I doubt there would be time to post the 90 day and get it back..

The rules they set left me little other choice except breaking the rules and paying fines.