Immigration office is officially broken..

LivinLOS

. Everyone there is extremely friendly and helpful in spite of the pressure they are under. They do appreciate it when foreigners speak some Thai when interacting with them. But they are still nice even if you don't/can't.

there are very few aliens who would dispute the above, including myself

the guts of c/mai immgr depts woes, or should i say aliens woes ,is the overall operation in place ,it is in the fred flintstone days

and will remain so, as the head honchos dont give a stuff about aliens at all,

but they do take great delight in whats occurring at the cash register, collecting millions of baht each week,with very little overheads etc etc

what ever the d.i.y. route one takes, it will only get progressively worse, and when u weigh up the pros and cons , engaging a reputable visa agent sure does have great appeal under the present mess

why be a drongo?? apart from the cheap charlies, 14 baht a day, its a mere snip, to have a visa agent holding your hand, better then taking your old girl , for moral support

plenty of aliens do that, which only adds more congestion to the sheep pen holding room..

As you are planning to travel overseas urgently you would not need to do a 90 day report if within the time, 15 days before 7 days after due date?

And you can get your reentry at the airport.

Don't know if anyone has replied to this yet but there is no longer a grace period. If you're even 1 day late, they charge you.

You send an EMS to Immigration that includes a copy of your passport, JB arrival card signed and dated and a completed TM47 form? And include a stamped self addressed envelope for the return slip.

Is this correct please?

Correct but also your current 90 day receipt. The instructions in the pinned topic clarifies it pretty well and how I did it.

I used those A4 brown envelopes to put all the documents in without having to fold any and a standard envelope for the return.

//edit - I understand your trepidation as I felt the same way for the first one and was triple checking everything. smile.png

if it is your first 90 day report i assume you insert all the copies but obvious no previous 90 day report or is something else needed the first time

rick

As you are planning to travel overseas urgently you would not need to do a 90 day report if within the time, 15 days before 7 days after due date?

Don't know if anyone has replied to this yet but there is no longer a grace period. If you're even 1 day late, they charge you.

Why do you say no "grace period"? There is no grace on mail-ins, yet I believe in person or another person reporting for someone still has the 7 days after grace period. Or is this something new that you have direct knowledge?

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Why do you say no "grace period"? There is no grace on mail-ins, yet I believe in person or another person reporting for someone still has the 7 days after grace period. Or is this something new that you have direct knowledge?

There is no "grace period" on mail-in reports, nor is there a "grace period" on having filed your 90 day report before leaving the country. Don't know if you're fined when you leave, however, if your 90 day report is a few days overdue.

In the case of the OP, he later clarified that he was leaving overland, so he couldn't get a re-entry permit at the airport and it probably wouldn't be a good idea to risk being overdue for a 90 day report if leaving by land, either.

Edited by NancyL

There is no "grace period" on mail-in reports.

Are you saying there is no 7-day grace period (after the due date) for the 90-day address reporting (and I'm talking about where you mailed it on the 91st day and it was processed at immigration on the 96th day)? How do you know that?

Are you saying there is no 7-day grace period (after the due date) for the 90-day address reporting (and I'm talking about where you mailed it on the 91st day and it was processed at immigration on the 96th day)? How do you know that?

that's not true. i have posted my report several times on the due date or a day after. always goes through just fine. but i recommend getting it there on time. i set a reminder on my yahoo calendar now and then i'm sent an email 5 days before to remind me.

• Like 1

There is no 7 day grace period for 90 day address reporting by mail and it is in a myriad of reports in the Visa section. Also from the immigration web site on 90 day reporting. I would suggest anyone is pushing their luck if they are posting close to the expiration date regardless of your past history of success.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

Notice :

- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.

- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)

- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

• Like 1

There is no 7 day grace period for 90 day address reporting by mail and it is in a myriad of reports in the Visa section. Also from the immigration web site on 90 day reporting. I would suggest anyone is pushing their luck if they are posting close to the expiration date regardless of your past history of success.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

Notice :

- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

- Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.

- Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.

- Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)

- Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

15 days before is extreme (IMO) but better safe than sorry. like i said, i have sent mine in on day 90, 91, etc. a few times and it always goes through just fine (but i don't recommend it). i send mine in 4-5 days before now. but to each their own.

Please: What is the proper address to send to 90 day report by mail to in Chiang Mai?

ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่

71 หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง

จั.เชียงใหม่

• Like 1

Please: What is the proper address to send to 90 day report by mail to in Chiang Mai?

จั.เชียงใหม่

Notify 90 Days

Chiangmai Immigration

71 Sanambin Road

T. Suthep A. Muang

Chiang Mai

Use of our forums

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner which allows others to understand their posts.

I know because I was fined for being late by one day. And given an official receipt. So there was no chicanery.

No 14 days out will definitely not work. Not by mail. Not in person. You'll have to pay a fine. Sorry. Better buck up and plan to spend the time at the Immigration Office on Thursday. The "grace period" is 7 days out for in person reporting.

No 14 days out will definitely not work. Not by mail. Not in person. You'll have to pay a fine. Sorry. Better buck up and plan to spend the time at the Immigration Office on Thursday. The "grace period" is 7 days out for in person reporting.

Post #75 indicates this is no longer the case. Perhaps someone can get the "official" answer and post it. This would be an important change if it is indeed a change.

I am not saying one way or the other, but this post and post #75 are directly contradicting.

I think your mistaking my 14 days out for 14 days expired?

My 90 day is due on December 24th

Which is why I said..."Oh boy...glad I just saw this as mine is due 12/24" in my last post

So when I said 14 days I meant 14 days before due

I said out because the pinned mail in states to send at least 15 days before due

But..........I also forgot today is a holiday so will try & mail it tomorrow

Edited by mania

You went yesterday, Monday?

Yes this was yesterday.. I know mondays are bad, but a changing plan meant I didnt have the luxury of choice...

Strange ! i also went yesterday for my 90 day, I got there at 1pm and was given no.638 with the current no being 574 or 584, out by 3.15pm.

Friend of mine got there at 10.30 for a 90 day report, told to come back in the afternoon and was out by approx 1.30pm.

Edited by alfieconn

I went to Promenada Office for Residency Letter last week. 33 Days for the "free" one. I was expecting 2 weeks. So budget accordingly if you can't wait that long. The guy at the first desk does take lunch break, too. The shuttle for Promenada leaves Amora at 11:50 am.....the old schedules are just about worthless, and now there are two routes; not four. www.promenada.com website is working again, but I don't see a schedule on it. I called the info desk and verified the time, then, when I got to the hotel at 11:45, they were playing dumb, but she eagerly volunteered to go outside and get me a car for 300 THB. One of the loitering tuk-tuk drivers said they had come at 11:30, which was a bold-faced lie. I put the lady on the phone from Promenada, and the shuttle was there at 11:55....no other passengers joined me going or coming back...so I think the taxi goons are trying to put an end to it.

• Like 2

I went to Promenada Office for Residency Letter last week. 33 Days for the "free" one.

Wow ! 33 days

Thanks for the warning. I guess if needed I will continue to

pay the exorbitant fee at my consulate sad.png

Edited by mania

I went to Promenada Office for Residency Letter last week. 33 Days for the "free" one.

Wow ! 33 days

Thanks for the warning. I guess if needed I will continue to

pay the exorbitant fee at my consulate sad.png

We went there about 10 days ago it is was shockingly 30 days so now it is 33.

No need to go to your consulate unless you are in super hurry since you can still cough up the 500B and get it in about 2 to 4 days business days, I believe.

• Like 2

Post #75 indicates this is no longer the case. Perhaps someone can get the "official" answer and post it. This would be an important change if it is indeed a change.

I am not saying one way or the other, but this post and post #75 are directly contradicting.

No they're not conflicting. If you're past the due date for your 90 day report you're going to have to go into the office to file. There are some reports that you can "get away" with mailing it a day or two after the due date (i.e. the 90 day date), but it's not a good idea.

The seven day "grace period" for filing after your due date without a fine is for filing in person. After that, you'll have to file in person, pay a fine and get a receipt. There is no "7 day grace period" after the due date if you think you can leave the country with an overdue 90 day report or mail-in a 90 day report.

I don't really see how this is so confusing.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Did you read post #75, NancyL?

quidnunc posted, "I know because I was fined for being late by one day. And given an official receipt. So there was no chicanery."

Now if he meant he was 1 day after the 7 days it may not be confusing. But he is inferring that there is no 7 day "grace period", which he states in his post #62, which I addressed in my post #64 and you reiterated in your post immediately following.

Edited by hml367

The real issue here, and one that someone on the forum might have the "in" to address is: How to actually make things better?

Obviously, the folks working there are all just worker drones; they do not set policy nor do they have the power to reorganize in an attempt to streamline the system (even though doing so would ultimately make their jobs easier).

Someone from the foreigner masses needs to put the evidence together with reasonable solutions and present this to whomever is in the right power slot to actually make some changes. I don't know who that person is or how to uncover this, but I suspect someone out there does.

It is worthwhile to make complaints, but more so to outline what should be done (at least for now) to make operations better for everyone.

Who among you has the connections and commitment to take on this challenge?

จั.เชียงใหม่

Notify 90 Days

Chiangmai Immigration

71 Sanambin Road

T. Suthep A. Muang

Chiang Mai

Use of our forums

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner which allows others to understand their posts.

what are you a moderator wannabe? good luck using your address in English. if your papers get lost in the post don't come on here whinging.

The real issue here, and one that someone on the forum might have the "in" to address is: How to actually make things better?

Obviously, the folks working there are all just worker drones; they do not set policy nor do they have the power to reorganize in an attempt to streamline the system (even though doing so would ultimately make their jobs easier).

Someone from the foreigner masses needs to put the evidence together with reasonable solutions and present this to whomever is in the right power slot to actually make some changes. I don't know who that person is or how to uncover this, but I suspect someone out there does.

It is worthwhile to make complaints, but more so to outline what should be done (at least for now) to make operations better for everyone.

Who among you has the connections and commitment to take on this challenge?

The "right" people to make the changes aren't here in Chiang Mai -- they're in Bangkok. As with much in Thailand, this problem is much more complex than we imagine and we're just caught in the middle. Reread post #52. There are several truths in it.

No one mere foreigner in Chiang Mai is going to "solve" this problem.

• Like 1