— wracked by pre-coup political turmoil, tepid exports, weak domestic consumption, high household de

I have been thinking a lot lately how we now live in a fast changing world. Things that used to take years to happen now happen in months.With this in mind I was wondering ,do others here think maybe Thailand had the quickest cycle of economic growth ever known? Has Thailand gone full cycle and is headed backwards. A very short span of time when the populace had access to wealth and because of reasons unknown to me seems to be headed for a depression not a recession.

In my humble opion for Thailand to sustain its growth it must pay the labour more.Labour class is the consumer class. No buyers no sales,no work , no economy. The labour class has already used up all their credit most households are overly in debt. Deficit budget has been maxxed. Seven year truck loans,30 year house mortgages, unlimited timed student loans. Now credit card debt. All on small incomes. The margin has been met.

Will they go the road of the US and simply print money and hand it out so people can purchase goods?What do others think here.Whats the answer to this fine countries financial problems. I am too much a layman to know. So seek the understanding of the more learned folks here at Thaivisa, to help me comprehend this.

• Like 1

I can only add this to the contributions made by my esteemed colleagues - both men with considerable experience dealing with doomsayers and crystal ball salesmen - until you can produce links to credible data, please dont start these threads. Have a nice day.

• Like 1