Police to launch crackdown on foreign criminal gangs including Samui and Phuket Bandidos

webfact

Why they not start to crackdown this criminal gang on Koh Samui.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753644-man-suspected-of-the-fatal-stabbing-of-german-bar-owner-taken-into-custody-koh-samui/

The perpetrators have confessed:
There are CCTV evidence.
And there is a witness.

The prosecutor has charged until today no charges.
The murderers go free.
A disgrace to the justice.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/777033-suspects-in-the-murder-of-a-46-year-old-german-man-in-samui-could-walk-free-on-tuesday/

• Like 2

So how many foreigners are involved in Internet fraud , theft and forest land ? In comparison to thai?

Do foreigners but up forests? Or do thai officials ?

Theft? Theft by thai is a daily occurrence , theft by maids, theft by store assistants, theft by staff.

Internet fraud? Like what? An occasional dumb dumb looking for love ends up sending money to Nigerian scammer in comparison to hundreds if not thousands of hookers scamming money from dating sites from foreigners.

I wish one day thai authorities would deal with the actual problems instead of trying to suck one out of thumb.

Show were the report indicated they were going to stop looking into or prosecuting Thais?

A crack down on drunk drivers doesn't mean it is open season for rapists. It also doesn't mean that drunk driving is the number one priority of Thailand over all else.

• Like 2

So how many foreigners are involved in Internet fraud , theft and forest land ? In comparison to thai?

Theft? Theft by thai is a daily occurrence , theft by maids, theft by store assistants, theft by staff.

Internet fraud? Like what? An occasional dumb dumb looking for love ends up sending money to Nigerian scammer in comparison to hundreds if not thousands of hookers scamming money from dating sites from foreigners.

I wish one day thai authorities would deal with the actual problems instead of trying to suck one out of thumb.

Show were the report indicated they were going to stop looking into or prosecuting Thais?

A crack down on drunk drivers doesn't mean it is open season for rapists. It also doesn't mean that drunk driving is the number one priority of Thailand over all else.

Sorry JTJ but what the hell is that supposed to mean ? The report doesn't say they are going to stop looking into prosecuting Thais.

And neither does the post you have quoted.

Sorry JTJ but what the hell is that supposed to mean ? The report doesn't say they are going to stop looking into prosecuting Thais.

And neither does the post you have quoted.

Apologize if the sarcasm went over your head. The point was that there are foreign criminal gangs in Thailand and some often end up hurting foreigners including credit card scams at ATMs and call center operations working here and they should b cracked down on. The OP is about this, it is not about other crimes nor does it indicate any less attention will be given to other crimes mentioned in the post I responded because there is also going to be a crack down on foreign gangs.

So the point really was, Thai crimes have nothing at all to do with this thread or the OP. Those crimes also have crack downs as do people not wearing helmets but it doesn't mean everything else goes unchecked because they spend a couple days cracking down on non-helmeted drivers. Anyone who has been here knows a crack down usually means a massive show for a short period to suppress something, that has become too out in the open or where an indecent drew attention. Not like anything is going to be long lasting but it does help bring awareness and hopefully some fear into those violating the law which today or tomorrow's crack down is about.

• Like 1

Any foreign bad boy who gets too big in siam shares the faith of icarus, cows to be milked before the slaughter...and plenty more where they came from.

It's probably what hit Tim Sharky. Haven't heard of him awhile, and the Website is dead .

Did they jail him ?

Lots of negative and positive comments here..... all I will say is in ANY other country, that was trying to clean itself up and reform its internal problems and encourage tourism the headline would have been "Police to launch crackdown on ALL criminal gangs"

I have no idea why the Farang are considered the cause of all problems? If you are going to have a crack-down on crime.... then hit all areas, and all nationalities..... strange! very strange!

(Humour: police speaking to would be muggers, "Is that your knife? ah! sorry you are Thai...... these are not the criminals we are looking for! move along, move along!")

• Like 1

C'mon Guys

Of course they would want to get rid of the foreign gangs, taking away the business from the RTP. I mean, WHO are they to come to Thailand and try to make a move on the teamoney industry ???

I would be laughing hard if it wasnt so sad....

Any Thai who gets caught by any money making scam deserves everything coming to them. The only people who succumb to these scams are the greedy.

Greed is a fundamentally non-Buddhist trait so any Thai who is a victim of a scam is going against one of the basic tenets of their religion/philosophy.

IMHO

<snip>

Another thing is, that the Bandidos clowns, that was running all those "fake land deals". Was arrested AND convicted years ago, as far as i know they are not a big player anymore. They did bribe their way to better "accommodation" in prison, but they are still there.

Yes, they were arrested, but I don't know if they were all convicted or even charged. Of the three people publicly mentioned (Peter Jones, Crispin Paton-Smith and Kim Nielsen), I happen to know one of them very well, as he was and still is an active businessperson on Koh Samui, and I personally believe him to be a gentleman.

The DSI held him without charge for 13 months. The judge angrily threw the case out and gave the DSI a firm courtroom dressing-down when the DSI was asking to extend their detention to "allow them time to complete their investigation", because the only evidence against this person was a set of unsubstantiated ramblings leveled at a whole bunch of legal businesses by a disgruntled former business partner of one of the accused, commonly referred to as the "5 Cs" report. This report tried to point the finger at almost every Web business in Samui, a whole load of real estate agents, and even the Bank of Ayudhya... it was madness. (However, speculation was rife that this investigation was to deflect criticism that the PM-of-the-time's wife or sister was building a resort on forest land on Koh Pha Ngan... hence the DSI stepping in.)

But actually, the article only mentions the Bandidos in the last paragraph, even though the Samui Times drew attention to it from their headline.

I've lived on Samui for 13 years. I have seen bikers, but NEVER have I seen or heard of them committing crimes in Thailand. I know some of them have their fingers in a lot of dirty pies abroad and I have heard many of them choose Thailand as a place to wash their ill-gotten gains, but is this really a problem for Thailand?

Well done on the hubba hubba crackdown on these foreign miscreants, buts how's about a hubba hubba crackdown on the local criminals first.....woops silly me.....most work for the RTP

You have borne false witness. There is no way possible you could know this. Classic case of their lives being better than yours. good luck

This crackdown on foreign criminal gangs is both commendable and bit humorous...

Do you suppose that foreign criminal gangs outnumber the homegrown gangs?

When are you going to crackdown on locally grown and managed gangs...or will going after the local criminals make many of the top brass a little nervous...getting too close to the source of the problem...?