British Honorary Consulate Holiday Closures

Tywais

For the Chiang Mai forum from the British Honorary Consulate

Office closure
Please be informed that the British Consulate in Chiang Mai will be closed between 22 December 2014 and 2 January 2015 inclusive, due to staff leave.

If you require any consular service during this time please contact the British Embassy in Bangkok on +66 (0)2 305 8333. All information, including how to apply for notarial and documentary services, can be at found on Our services page.

Please note that the British Embassy in Bangkok will also be closed for Christmas and New Year holidays from 25-26 December and 31 December to 1 January.

Might as well close it permanently, the limited use it is now.

Disagree, whenever I have been there staff have been competent ,friendly and provided useful help for : Notary services, inc. verification of UK income etc., help with lost passports, stranded without money as well as providing useful information about crisis situations. Clearly you have never needed assistance ,but this litttle office is worth keeping open.

• Like 1

I was in there this morning. Yes ridiculous hours. 9am to 11.30am monday to friday.

Now because they only work mon to fri they actually close at 11.30 on the 19th

I asked what they do all day. For two hours everyone comes with their applications for marriage or passport queries then it takes them 7hrs to process them.

I was in there this morning. Yes ridiculous hours. 9am to 11.30am monday to friday.

Now because they only work mon to fri they actually close at 11.30 on the 19th

I asked what they do all day. For two hours everyone comes with their applications for marriage or passport queries then it takes them 7hrs to process them.

I arrived at 11:35am a few weeks ago and the security guard wouldn't let me in. I could see staff in the office. So, I rearranged my next-day's schedule to accommodate this 2.5 hour window.

British citizens and their right to a consular service seems to be a major inconvenience to the UK Foreign Office.

A consulate that doesn't accept passport applications nor process partner's UK visas seems a little redundant to me.

At the very least they should handle passport applications from UK citizens, forward them to Trendy & return to sender. Luckily my passport has another 8 yrs to go. I would like to renew my son's passport, but NO WAY I'm going to BKK to do this.

Try the US embassy and learn what poor service really is.......wink.png

Would you elighten us with a personal example? I have always been well pleased with the service at US Consulate/Chiang Mai, and US Embassy, Kuala Lumpur. Haven't been to US Embassy/Bangkok.