Questions about new condo

grahaml

• I can get post shipped here, but what happens to it when it arrives? The letter box type thing is only small so what happens when a large parcel turns up, through normal Thai Post? For example, a kettle? Do they expect me to be in or will they leave it at the lobby? What if there's a 7 baht charge - who pays that if I'm not here?
  • I have a tv socket, how do I know what channels I can get through it? i.e. if it's cable or just normal? I don't want to buy a TV if i'm only going to have thai channels to watch.
  • I have a water filter thing on the balcony, is the water from it actually clean and okay to drink?
  • Not related to condos but what sim card to get? I've seen them in 7 11 for 49 baht; how to top them up? If I buy one can i top it up at the same time straight away?

I know I could just ask all these questions but the language barrier is pretty much insurmountable.

Hi, Grahaml. Does "new" condo mean new for you or recently constructed? If the second, then cable service is very likely. As Kitten said, ask the front desk, they can give you info, regardless of the language difficulties.

What kind of purifier do you have? Brand, model number? I have a french made Clarte model that works very well. Be leery of the very cheapest "filters".