Indian thwarts 3 Ladyboy pickpockets close to Pattaya Port

webfact

Indian thwarts 3 Ladyboy pickpockets close to Pattaya Port

india-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An Indian Tourist was able to detain three Ladyboys who attempted to steal his wallet in a classic 3 on 1 pickpocket attempt whereby one embraces the man and the other two steal the victim’s wallet.

On this occasion, the victim, an Indian Tourist knew exactly what was going on and was able to detain the three suspects who were later arrested by a fast response Pattaya Police Unit from the Mr. Care Khun Police Protection team.

Police Colonel Supatee, the Pattaya Police Chief, later held a press conference at Pattaya Police Station confirming the arrest of Khun Nuttapong aged 24, Khun Jakkri aged 24 and Khun Sadjapong aged 22 following the incident in front of the Siam Bayshore Hotel at the southern end of Walking Street and close to the entrance of the Pattaya Port area.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/159017/indian-thwarts-3-ladyboy-pickpockets-close-to-pattaya-port/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-12

I just love the headline, for those who do not have english as their first language, it could be a little bewildering, as "thwart" is not a commonly used word.

But for me, I just love the picture it paints, "Off out to Walking St tonight darling, not be home late, just going to thwart a few ladyboys, you know I like to give them a good thwarting!"

I recall reading in the Pattaya Mail several years ago some article about a couple of local wenches, that conjured up a vision Shakespearean England.

• Like 2

He must have had help from bystanders. I can't see one Indian detaining these 3 creatures otherwise. From what I have seen and heard, these characters are not too impressed by 100 or 200 baht fines. It seems one thing they do understand is physical punishment, one good example being that administered by a large Russian gentleman a year or so ago. I doubt that ladyboy returned to his usual antics anytime soon after the incident. I remember the criminal saying he did not expect to be detained and beaten by his intended victim.

Some more information on this might help explain some things ....

The incident was at one end of Walking Street, the victim felt nothing other than the two LB who were grabbing him. Another tourist saw his wallet being taken by the third LB and shouted, at which point the LB dropped it and a Volunteer policeman on patrol just yards away saw and stopped all three LB. They had been out on bail and had been caught before but at each earlier occasion no evidence was found. This time there was.

• Like 2

I just love the headline, for those who do not have english as their first language, it could be a little bewildering, as "thwart" is not a commonly used word.

But for me, I just love the picture it paints, "Off out to Walking St tonight darling, not be home late, just going to thwart a few ladyboys, you know I like to give them a good thwarting!"

I recall reading in the Pattaya Mail several years ago some article about a couple of local wenches, that conjured up a vision Shakespearean England.

'Wench' was a favourite Trinkism, along with many others from his youth: 'make the scene', 'mosey on down' and of course the signature, 'don't give a hoot'.

"Police checks confirmed that all three have an extensive criminal history in Pattaya and were out on Police bail in relation to previous pickpocket cases. They are now being held on-remand pending Court appearances."

Nice to see the police is taking the ladyboy menace serious this time. Hope it continues.

Holy Christ those are rough looking ladyboys....... As ladyboys pickpocketing Indian tourists seem

to be a staple of Pattaya news, nice to see a story with a " happy ending". Also I am absolutely

stunned beyond words that they are out on bail from a previous pickpocketing...... whistling.gif

Props for the papers. These 3 and the Indian were plants/setups by powers that be to show that progress is being made. I believe this along with the tooth fairy, completely a big pose so that it appears peace and order is being accomplished in Pattaya. How completely stupid the farang are viewed in Thailand.

You are totally wrong.

The incident was very real and I can attest to it as I was the official translator at 4am to 7.30am yesterday morning after witnessing the arrest. How you are now viewed - if in fact you are in Thailand - can be guessed at.

• Like 2

One Indian accomplishes what all the Thai police have failed to do for years?

Quality tourists at last!

See post 8 , it was the tourist police that came to assist the Indian tourist when it happened, or else rhe LBs probably would have escaped.

Many years ago (about 1998), on beach road at the entrance of walking street I experienced something similar.

It was a very dark stretch of pavement.

Luckily I was wearing very tight jeans (no jokes now) and felt one their hands trying to gain access into the front pocket.

I bolted, due to the fact I don't like to be embraced by ladyboys and knew what was going on.

I gave the offender a mouthful but there was about 5 of them, but decided to get on my way very quickly (read run).