Do you think this is a little underhanded?

giddyup

Oh Jeez, Lamina is the cheapest crap you can get,if you look closely you will see why its free.Nice Mitsu though.thumbsup.gif

See how it holds up, not expensive to get window tint done here. Thanks, here's a pic, colour is Titanium Grey, which is only available on the last of the run-outs and now the new model.

post-130068-0-37604800-1418364343_thumb.

Does the word "principle" mean anything to you? Are you suggesting the secret to happiness is just bending over and grabbing my ankles every time someone tries to rip me off?

No-one ripped you off.

It's like saying "can you paint my house for 20K baht?" and then complaining that they didn't use the most expensive Dulux paint @ 4,000 Bath/gallon.

You got what you paid for - no better than that, because free ain't much to pay smile.png

It's nothing like that at all, if a representative from Dulux offered to have your house painted as a promotion, that's the paint you'd expect him to use, not some other el cheapo brand, but if you think differently, so be it.

Edited by giddyup

Does the word "principle" mean anything to you? Are you suggesting the secret to happiness is just bending over and grabbing my ankles every time someone tries to rip me off?

No-one ripped you off.

It's like saying "can you paint my house for 20K baht?" and then complaining that they didn't use the most expensive Dulux paint @ 4,000 Bath/gallon.

You got what you paid for - no better than that, because free ain't much to pay smile.png

It's nothing like that at all, but if that's the way you read it, so be it.

Well, on the bright side, I guess you've learnt something new about buying cars here... that is, if you don't want the standard Thai spec freebies, like tinted front windshield and throw-away floor mats, you'd better be specific :) The same applies to everything you see that doesn't live up to your Western expectations.

The good news is, the OEM floor mats aren't that great, and are overpriced. So go out and buy yourself some of those good mats I linked to earlier, have a beer and relax. While you're relaxing, think about how cheap that beer just was, how you just got some really great tailored mats at a ridiculously low price, and all the other reasons you decided to live here.

It'll all then balance out :P

• Like 1

i dont know if a new car in Thailand that doesn't come with film on the windscreen.

its kind of necessary in this climate though i wouldnt accept anything over 25% (Front) as it makes driving at night hell.

20% front is fine and helps in this climate

i dont know if a new car in Thailand that doesn't come with film on the windscreen.

its kind of necessary in this climate though i wouldnt accept anything over 25% (Front) as it makes driving at night hell.

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

All's well that ends well. They agreed to give me the correct mats.

Super :)

But compare them to the almost-full-coverage tailored ones I linked to before, even still. If ingress happens in dirty places, standard mats just don't do the job well enough, IMHO.

They come with whatever you tell them you want. If you tell them you just want "film" they'll assume you want the same spec as everyone else.

• Like 2

All's well that ends well. They agreed to give me the correct mats.

Super smile.png

But compare them to the almost-full-coverage tailored ones I linked to before, even still. If ingress happens in dirty places, standard mats just don't do the job well enough, IMHO.

I will have a look at the fully tailored ones as well. Cheers.

Not necessary in any climate, clearly a comment coming from someone who has seldom if ever lived in a hot climate, Euro transplant I'm guessing.. I live in a climate as hot and even hotter as there at times and I don't have ANY tinting and survive just fine, I will be getting some next year but it isn't "necessary" it's convenient and more comfortable. And of course if you tell the dealer no windshield tinting, that's what you'll get.

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

actually there ISN"T any "escape clause" - what you are talking about is reasonable expectation. If you confront Mitsu - not the dealer - they will naturally be concerned about the behaviour of one of their dealerships -

NB - I would seek a solution with the dealership first - They might be nice about it....but if they don't satisfy, politely take it on to Mitsu - I wouldn't even tell the dealer what I was doing to begin with.

this shoddy dealings on the part of the dealership and you DO have a leg to stand on - - - - smart-arse comments about what you may or may not have actually said are irrelevant.

Edited by wilcopops

Not necessary in any climate, clearly a comment coming from someone who has seldom if ever lived in a hot climate, Euro transplant I'm guessing.. I live in a climate as hot and even hotter as there at times and I don't have ANY tinting and survive just fine, I will be getting some next year but it isn't "necessary" it's convenient and more comfortable. And of course if you tell the dealer no windshield tinting, that's what you'll get.

I agree - (never thought I would) - tinting has been shown to have little or no effect on interior temp and reduces valuable visibility especially at times of low light; dawn, dusk, rain etc.

• Like 1

Sorry just saw the post where you got the mats. Well done!

the thing is that so many people would have just accepted second-rate treatment by a large business - some even recommended you did nothing...follow that and you'd still have those spurious mats to look at day after day.

No it doesn't.

• Like 1

the thing is that so many people would have just accepted second-rate treatment by a large business - some even recommended you did nothing...follow that and you'd still have those spurious mats to look at day after day.

A call to Mitsu head office did the trick. Pointing out to them that what I'd been given was clearly dangerous, it actually says so on a tag on the drivers side carpet mats. If a mat isn't fitted, as what they had given me clearly wasn't, it can jam the accelerator, or can affect the use of the brake.

Edited by giddyup

A call to Mitsu head office did the trick. Pointing out to them that what I'd been given was clearly dangerous, it actually says so on a tag on the drivers side carpet mats. If a mat isn't fitted, as what they had given me clearly wasn't, it can jam the accelerator, or can affect the use of the brake.

Sorry I just saw this last post

Absolutely, and great to think clearly and have a good reason for changing it.

I think far to many people accept second rate service when they don't have to. (There are several examples on this thread)

I think far to many people accept second rate service when they don't have to. (There are several examples on this thread)

wilcopops, always willing to give a dig at people who don't agree with him, even if there is totally no need for that.

• Like 1

wilcopops, always willing to give a dig at people who don't agree with him, even if there is totally no need for that.

No I present a valid argument or example - you appear to be having a dig - my guess is it's because at some I pointed out your error at some point and you can't take that... BTW - I'm only interested in the post, please don't mistake me for someone who actually remembers you.

No I present a valid argument or example - you appear to be having a dig - my guess is it's because at some I pointed out your error at some point and you can't take that... BTW - I'm only interested in the post, please don't mistake me for someone who actually remembers you.

No dig or error on my side, just don't agree with you. Which you can't accept.