Red-shirt leader Nuttawut calls on Prayut to invoke charter to grant amnesty

webfact

Nuttawut calls on Prayut to invoke charter to grant amnesty

BANGKOK: -- Red-shirt leader Nuttawut Saikuar Friday called on Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to invoke Article 44 of the interim constitution to grant amnesty to demonstrators during the political turmoil.

Nuttawut posted on his Facebook wall that the amnesty would bring about reconciliation in the country.

He expressed confidence that the amnesty for the people of all groups, who were not protest leaders would not meet opposition from anyone because all sides seemed to agree with the principle.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Nuttawut-calls-on-Prayut-to-invoke-charter-to-gran-30249674.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-12

There will be no hope for an amnesty approval from this military junta, it's not inline for their quest to snuff out the last remnants of democracy. Instead we will see kangaroo type court cases trying their best imprison anyone they see as a threat. Nat is a freedom fighter with the vast majority of the population behind him, I wish him the best of luck.

This amnesty bill, was the one that brought the previous government down.

I'm not going to debate if it was right or wrong, I will leave t to the Thai people.

But I have to say that was designed for one and only person.

A common criminal fugitive living in Dubai or wherever else.

I really hope that this government will not give in, in arrogant request like this.

the proposed amnesty in this case does not include Thaksin, so it's not designed for one and only one person.

trust the reds to come out in favour of an amnesty, considering they were the ones that did all the killings and and blowing up of various areas its not surprising. No amnesty for anyone that broke the law fullstop, the only way to get over all this crap is to make sure those that committed offences go to jail otherwise they will simply keep doing it.

you have forgotten that the courts determined that the military killed people in the temple, have you? You have forgotten that yellow shirts have killed and bombed, haven't you.

There was enough violence to go around and it was far from one side.

No one is going to enforce justice against yellow shirts or the army.

Of course if the 'PM' declares an amnesty, I'll be one of the most surprised. He is interested in suppression, not reconciliation.

It's not only about the quality of the violence comitted but about the quantity.

I guess more than 90 % came from the reds.

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 2

There will be no hope for an amnesty approval from this military junta, it's not inline for their quest to snuff out the last remnants of democracy. Instead we will see kangaroo type court cases trying their best imprison anyone they see as a threat. Nat is a freedom fighter with the vast majority of the population behind him, I wish him the best of luck.

freedom fightert? Nattawut?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

+1 to the power of 10

• Like 1

freedom fightert? Nattawut?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I think he was refering to Khun Wotattwat.

trust the reds to come out in favour of an amnesty, considering they were the ones that did all the killings and and blowing up of various areas its not surprising. No amnesty for anyone that broke the law fullstop, the only way to get over all this crap is to make sure those that committed offences go to jail otherwise they will simply keep doing it.

you have forgotten that the courts determined that the military killed people in the temple, have you? You have forgotten that yellow shirts have killed and bombed, haven't you.

There was enough violence to go around and it was far from one side.

No one is going to enforce justice against yellow shirts or the army.

Of course if the 'PM' declares an amnesty, I'll be one of the most surprised. He is interested in suppression, not reconciliation.

It's not only about the quality of the violence comitted but about the quantity.

I guess more than 90 % came from the reds.

if you count the bodies, the the majority came from the army.

but even at that, your 90% red shirt number is just silly and unobjective. Even this year there were clashes with yellow shirts where they were laced with navy personnel. And yet people here only ever talk about MiB.

violence is violence and it's wrong whether it is used by one political/religious/ethnic group against another or the government against its own citizens.

I personally do not agree with any of the amnesty proposals, but I can understand why some in Thailand want the amnesty for the normal protesters (not the protest / government leaders).

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

every one know what re their plans. get amnesty for mr. T bring him back and there we go again, same shxt all over

• Like 2

Grant amnesty to protesters during political turmoil. Grant amnesty to protesters who were not leaders only.

Well, I guess Nattawut should be a wee bit more precise and make clear definitions, like

- period?

- what is a protester?

- what is a protest leader?

- what about protesters who are politicians, guards, 'elite', etc.?

- how will amnesty for some be reconciled with fairness to all?

- With some having doubts on the Interim Constitution why use it for 'amnesty'

- Will an amnesty based on an Interim Constitution be valid under the constitution in the making?

- What are the legal consequences?

• Like 2

Nat is a freedom fighter .... you are having a laugh

Just another paid muppet in the Shin gravy train

Could not care a less about anyone or anything ... only interested in personal gain

• Like 2

For once I agree with Nattawud,, as long as amnesty does not apply to protest leaders of either side, its a very good idea. Let the poor sods out, they have been punished enough.

You can't trust Thaksin with something like this, he will never let them get amnesty without inserting himself into it, he is too much of a cockroach.