Govt readies New Year 'presents' for citizens

Lite Beer

Still buying off the people it seems then ... and most don't even seem to realize it ... mind you, same things happening in other "great" Democracies in the world, and those voters are too dumb to realize it too.

Amen. Voters all over the world are being primed like pumps with feel good news articles etc. This way they are distracted from the real problems that exist. Dems and Repubs passed a new debt ceiling as a Christmas present. Makes it look like bipartisanship. I image it contained a lot of pork

+1...Yes, agreed.

I'm pretty sure there will be some people that will be happy with the extra 300b per month for their disabled relatives. Also good to see that some poor people might have the roofs over their heads repaired.

Seems like the spirit of Christmas is alive and well in Thailand this year.

Apart, of course, with the usual TV brigade who can't see anything good in anything this Government does.

"I'm Dreaming of a Red Christmas..."with apologies to Irving Berlin.

+1...Yes, agreed.

I'm pretty sure there will be some people that will be happy with the extra 300b per month for their disabled relatives. Also good to see that some poor people might have the roofs over their heads repaired.

Apart, of course, with the usual TV brigade who can't see anything good in anything this Government does.

It's the hypocrisy that gets me. In my opinion all these elitist families including the Shinwatras are as bad as each other. But when they do it it's 'populist to buy votes' but when the army government does it it's 'ahh good on them, about time!'

People need to have more foresight.

+1...Yes, agreed.

Yeah, because anyone who disapproves of the current administration clearly rejoice in the poor and disadvantaged going wet and hungry.

What fabulous logic!

• Like 1

+1...Yes, agreed.

Yeah, because anyone who disapproves of the current administration clearly rejoice in the poor and disadvantaged going wet and hungry.

What fabulous logic!

I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.... but where is the logic in what you posted?

Your post does not make sense on any level.

Disapprove of the administration and yet rejoice in people suffering?

I'm ambivalent on the administration, but happy that the disadvantaged can get some needed help.

Can you clarify your post?

+1...Yes, agreed.

Buddhist countries don't celebrate Christmas.

+1...Yes, agreed.

or the part of the TV brigade who never saw anything good in what the elected government did. And who blasted all of their populist policies.

You're dreaming of a green christmas.... same apologies are due. :)

As for this 'government', bike lanes are not a present. These guys are just jokers. And the dental care and other medical stuff is great. But it should just be made part of the universal care - that would be an efficient way to take care of people. It's called making policy. It's what governments are supposed to do.

It's great for a government have good policies. The others have already replied with regard to the insane hypocrisy of the current government with their constant talk of 'no populous policies' and the CDC even trying to control any future government's attempt to have 'populous policies. It's a sham. Not a shame, but a real sham.

• Like 1

+1...Yes, agreed.

What fabulous logic!

I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.... but where is the logic in what you posted?

Your post does not make sense on any level.

Disapprove of the administration and yet rejoice in people suffering?

I'm ambivalent on the administration, but happy that the disadvantaged can get some needed help.

Can you clarify your post?

Sure, but I won't. You know perfectly well what I mean already.

+1...Yes, agreed.

I have reported you to the mods for making a positive post.

You have failed to moan, whinge, condemn and see everything on the negative side like all the others, you are just not getting into the spirit of things. But I do wonder what life must be like for the long and suffering wives and families who have to live with these people and as for Christmas I know Jesus loves me because I don`t have to spend Christmas day with these sorry, miserable characters.

Most of those presents seem just the normal operation which lots of foreign posters have come to expect from their governments.

It would seem it's incorrect to label these as either presents or populist policies.

But it IS being touted and sold as Presents and popular policy and you know full well it would have been seen and called that in anger if it were either PTP or the Democrat Party for that matter, but when its the army doing it suddenly its normal operation and ok ?

The irony of it. rolleyes.gif

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

Most of those presents seem just the normal operation which lots of foreign posters have come to expect from their governments.

It would seem it's incorrect to label these as either presents or populist policies.

But it IS being touted and sold as Presents and popular policy and you know full well it would have been seen and called that in anger if it were either PTP or the Democrat Party for that matter, but when its the army doing it suddenly its normal operation and ok ?

Let me repeat "most of those presents seem just normal operation".

Yes, it's being touted as 'presents', but I don't think they are. As for populist policies, that seems to be a description only given by posters here.

Is fighting corruption populistic? Is making government service more transparent populistic? Is an increased allowance for disabled persons populistic? Is helping the poor populistic?

ah, the irony of the irony being lost on rubl.... biggrin.png

• Like 1

If I write in Dutch will you be in a better position to understand what I write, or should you just read and try to understand the English language?

The irony is in cabinet members present the work they can be expected to do as 'presents' to the public. Part of the irony is in having posters condemn the presents as 'populistic' while none seem other than normal operation to be expected from a properly functioning cabinet and government.

Must be that it's past midnight

If I write in Dutch will you be in a better position to understand what I write, or should you just read and try to understand the English language?

The irony is in cabinet members present the work they can be expected to do as 'presents' to the public. Part of the irony is in having posters condemn the presents as 'populistic' while none seem other than normal operation to be expected from a properly functioning cabinet and government.

Yup it went right over your selective head alright lol

• Like 1

The irony is in you suggesting others would denounce such policies as populistic if presented by former governments while the policies seem to be the normal operation of governments. The irony of having someone suggesting others might complain that transparancy is populistic, that helping the poor directly is populistic.

What's next? Condemning subsidies clearly marked in the National Budget and aimed /paid out directly to farmers concerned as populistic as clearly some subsidies should be positioned as 'self-financing' and kept out of the National Budget to make things more clear and only be paid through deserving middlemen?

Edited by rubl

The irony is in you suggesting others would denounce such policies as populistic if presented by former governments while the policies seem to be the normal operation of governments. The irony of having someone suggesting others might complain that transparancy is populistic, that helping the poor directly is populistic.

What's next? Condemning subsidies clearly marked in the National Budget and aimed /paid out directly to farmers concerned as populistic as clearly some subsidies should be positioned as 'self-financing' and kept out of the National Budget to make things more clear and only be paid through deserving middlemen?

Let me see, if it is normal government operating, it also can't be called presents because presents are something which normally would not be received.

You want to say that if tomorrow they write in the National budget that everyone get free money, it can not be called populist practices anymore?

The rice scam was written in the National budget, yet they ware still condemned populist practices, and with reason.

The irony is in you suggesting others would denounce such policies as populistic if presented by former governments while the policies seem to be the normal operation of governments. The irony of having someone suggesting other might complain that transparancy is populistic, that helping the poor directly is populistic.

Thank you Rubi for making my point about being selective in supporting populist policy so clearly. wai2.gif

• Like 1

How about paying farmers for last years harvest,there are still hundreds of thousands still waiting

You mean that when general happiness declared end of June that every farmer was paid, he was just talking bullshit happiness?

yes, we have been told we might be paid for our 50 tons of rice in April 2015 instead of December 2013,however they were nice about it,last year they offered us the opportunity to borrow our own money at 7% interest.

Not directly a Gov't 'present' but Tesco/Lotus has boosted the prices and started selling inferior quality stuff. Milk - the price is fixed but selling 2L bottles with only 2 days to expiry date.

My two bits on the issue.

Let me see, if it is normal government operating, it also can't be called presents because presents are something which normally would not be received.

You want to say that if tomorrow they write in the National budget that everyone get free money, it can not be called populist practices anymore?

The rice scam was written in the National budget, yet they ware still condemned populist practices, and with reason.

The RPPS of the Yingluck government was NOT included in the National Budget as as 'self-financing' scheme it was deemed to be unnecessary.

As for your example on 'free money', you either mean 'tax returns', or you forgot to add " free money on sundays rather than saturdays" or "on rainy days only" ?

The irony is in you suggesting others would denounce such policies as populistic if presented by former governments while the policies seem to be the normal operation of governments. The irony of having someone suggesting other might complain that transparancy is populistic, that helping the poor directly is populistic.

Thank you Rubi for making my point about being selective in supporting populist policy so clearly. wai2.gif

Pray tell, which of the policies or actions mentioned in the OP would you deem "populist policies" and why ?

Edited by rubl