Corruption suppression most tangible achievement of Prayut govt

Lite Beer

BANGKOK: -- Most or 46 per cent of leaders of 629 communities saw that corruption suppression was the most tangible achievement of the Prayut Chan-o-cha government during the past three months, the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association has found in its latest opinion survey.

The survey was carried out on from Thursday to Saturday. It found that 46 per cent of the respondents cited corruption suppression as the most tangible achievement while 34 per cent cited drug suppression and 24.1 the efforts to rebuild harmony.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Corruption-suppression-most-tangible-achievement-o-30249801.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-14

• Like 2

The most important thing here are the key words, "46 per cent of leaders" (btw % is one word 'percent'). Leaders obviously in support of said "leader". And corruption suppression? Give me a break...in over 30 years in Thailand every "leader" makes an attempt justifying a cause

Ummm. The anti corruption drive seems to be aimed a politicians, of a certain party, and a few high level examples in the police force. It seems unlikely that not one of the very, very wealthy 1500 generals has not found himself in the spotlight. Any insights into this?

• Like 1

Ummm. The anti corruption drive seems to be aimed a politicians, of a certain party, and a few high level examples in the police force. It seems unlikely that not one of the very, very wealthy 1500 generals has not found himself in the spotlight. Any insights into this?

Yes: insight..arresting high lvl officials is a means to an end. Complete and utter control....simple really

Please read the following very carefully:

Any discussion of the Thai Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Thai Monarchy.

Those rules can be found here: NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING IN THAILAND NEWS

PLEASE NOTE:

Also as per forum rule 1:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai Royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to or even referencing external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thaivisa Admin Team

Early on the PM said no one should jump to conclusions about wealth as some had married rich wives giggle.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most or 46 per cent ........ alt=ermm.gif> alt=huh.png>

Yeah, Thai's don't seem to have worked out that 46% is not "the most" or "the majority", same as with the last elections.

A very clever 'fruit salad' of truth - apples and oranges. Thailand's PM is not directly elected by the public but rather selected by the House of Parliament ministers. In the 2011 election there were 500 seats of which the PTP won 275 seats or 53% majority versus the Democrats 159 seats or 32% minority. Politicos call that a LANDSLIDE victory. And so it followed that as its party standard bearer, Yingluck was elected by the House as PM.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

more like maintaining control and snuffing out any and all resistance no matter how small. Wanna wear black, not allowed. Tell the NHRC that they're not doing their job, then off to attitude adjustment.

Corruption? nothing actually being done on that front. Ask the 'PM' about his own family wealth and see what the answer is.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most or 46 per cent ........ alt=ermm.gif> alt=huh.png>

Yeah, Thai's don't seem to have worked out that 46% is not "the most" or "the majority", same as with the last elections.

A very clever 'fruit salad' of truth - apples and oranges. Thailand's PM is not directly elected by the public but rather selected by the House of Parliament ministers. In the 2011 election there were 500 seats of which the PTP won 275 seats or 53% majority versus the Democrats 159 seats or 32% minority. Politicos call that a LANDSLIDE victory. And so it followed that as its party standard bearer, Yingluck was elected by the House as PM.

Some nice facts and figures there, thank you.

I should have been clearer, I was referring to the less than 50% of the eligible voters that PTP received in the last elections, but then continually claimed they had the majority vote of the people.

Technically they had received the "majority" (as a single party) of all votes cast, but that did not equate (as they claimed) that the "majority" of the people voted for them and therefore they had the people's mandate to do as they wished.

• Like 1

Corruption suppression?? Does that mean no more corruption? So the "tea money" my wife paid at the land department last Friday didn't happen? smile.png

Do you mind me asking why you had to pay tea money at the Land Department ? The reason I ask is my wife and I just went through the business of building a new house at Saraphee, outside of Chiang Mai, and we had to submit copies of our house plans signed by the draftsman, sign lots of documents etc and I don't think we had to pay any extra.