Warrants for Thai top cop, driver in debt-collecting racket

webfact

the real bandits and thieves of THailand are now hunted and Thailand is becoming a model nation

The current purge is very selective in its prosecutions of high profile operators, and one does not have to read the blocked Daily Mail to know it.

I like Thais, am married to a very nice one, but the government has a VERY long way to go before anyone declares them as having becoming a model nation. Asians are quoted as saying "Everyone wants to do away with corruption, but each also wants to benefit from it." --the dubiously extreme height of moronic oxymoronic viewpoints.

• Like 1

Wow. This thing is huge!

Oh, come on! They've barely scratched the surface and there's a very, very big hidden agenda behind all of this ...

Interesting conspiracy theory!!

But considering the alleged political sympathies of certain persons, the dots do not connect.

Quite the opposite!!

Is it still a conspiracy "theory" when facts or actions that happen now or later support and validate that "theory"? If so, then it's no "theory".

Not sure which persons you're referring to however or their political sympathies, and there's a lot we can't discuss here, but the dots certainly do connect from where I'm sitting.

• Like 2

......on the VERGE of being discharged from the police.... What do police have to do to be discharged and jailed in Thailand ????????

Possibly he has to be convicted of the charges which hasn't happened in this case yet?

The potential discharge from the police force is for being absent without permission for 15 days so far, that's not a crime .

Your post is exactly what someone would say if they have only been in Thailand less than a year and still think Thais are like westerners with better figures, nicer tans, and sweeter attitudes...I'm not being mean, I promise you.

It's great that they've belatedly got around to busting Pongpat and his merry band of bent cops but when are they going to widen the purge and start arresting corrupt officers from other police divisions?

Or maybe even ... some bent politicians?