Young Australian wallaby caught in farmer's trap outside Bangkok (VIDEO)

webfact

Young Australian caught in farmer's trap outside Bangkok (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

wallaby.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A rat-plagued bamboo farmer north of Bangkok made a curious discovery Saturday when he found an Australian baby helplessly stuck in a trap.

He freed the creature, a little baby wallaby, and moved it into a wooden cage at his Pathum Thani farm, but not before everyone asked: Why is there a baby kangaroo in Thailand and how the hell did it get here?

Officials came the next day to check on the foreign creature. The baby joey boy was estimated to be three-to-five months old and weighed about 3.5 kilograms, the size of a well-grown kitty.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/16/young-australian-caught-farmers-trap-outside-bangkok-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-12-16

" farmer north of Bangkok made a curious discovery Saturday when he found an Australian baby helplessly stuck in a trap."

The australian baby has no passport and mostlikely have overstayed LOL

Haha!

Although only in Thailand does one hear constant references to foreigners, passports and overstaying. I definitely suffer from a case of passport fatigue. I'm tired of all this passport nonsense all the time.

Back in Australia rarely does anyone constantly talk about "foreigners", "passports", "overstaying", "visas", etc. like in Thailand. Maybe we Aussies should start to adopt the terminology and attitude of Thais? Lol...

• Like 1

Probably is an escaped pet bought at certain local market which frequently deals in animal sales. I have known Thai people to have these as pets as well as all sorts of other exotic (to Thailand) animals. Poor guy. Hope they find it a good home.

My concern is if there was a baby then maybe a male and female are on the loose

Either its been smuggled and ran away or lost or indeed there is mother and father.

The question aside from all the jokes is, how did it get to Thailand?

My guess would be smuggled but fell out of cage or something along the lines

Probably is an escaped pet bought at certain local market which frequently deals in animal sales. I have known Thai people to have these as pets as well as all sorts of other exotic (to Thailand) animals. Poor guy. Hope they find it a good home.

If its offered for adoption, i would take it.

Would love to have it at home :)

" farmer north of Bangkok made a curious discovery Saturday when he found an Australian baby helplessly stuck in a trap."

The australian baby has no passport and mostlikely have overstayed LOL

Haha!

Although only in Thailand does one hear constant references to foreigners, passports and overstaying. I definitely suffer from a case of passport fatigue. I'm tired of all this passport nonsense all the time.

Back in Australia rarely does anyone constantly talk about "foreigners", "passports", "overstaying", "visas", etc. like in Thailand. Maybe we Aussies should start to adopt the terminology and attitude of Thais? Lol...

The reason is simple....Everyone wants out of Australia .. leave it to the Moslems..

Not without a very big fight sport ;-)

they remain with the mother for a couple of years so it isnt a joey as at that size they still get into mums pouch, it ate just after being transferred to the dog carrier and put in the wagon so it may be a lot older than estimated and used to people as it is too relaxed, they are not that docile normally unless they are tame.

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

My concern is if there was a baby then maybe a male and female are on the loose

Yes. and NOT just in Thailand either. There is a sizeable feral population of Wallabies and/or K-roos in Europe somewhere, Germany or France i think. Yep, if there is a baby here, there is a Mom & Pop somewhere around. Unless he lives close to a private or public zoo & just one escaped. "Hey, Sombat. Check out my new wombat."

Edited by The Deerhunter

Would love to have it at home :)

That's ok when it's small but when it grows up and kicks the crap out of you, you might change your mind.

I'm secretly hoping it's a big red and you get it. It might knock some sense into you ;)

Edited by neverdie
  • Like 1

Would love to have it at home smile.png

That's ok when it's small but when it grows up and kicks the crap out of you, you might change your mind.

I'm secretly hoping it's a big red and you get it. It might knock some sense into you wink.png

Reading your drivel, sounds like you have been kicked plenty of times

Would love to have it at home smile.png

I'm secretly hoping it's a big red and you get it. It might knock some sense into you wink.png

Reading your drivel, sounds like you have been kicked plenty of times

So says the text book hero.