My 11 month old Ford wild track with 40,000KM is Dead and NO ONE WILL HELP,.. PLEASE HELP!

Is your car still driving okay? I didn't read what the fault was, except warning lights coming on. It might be easier to help (not your issues with Ford obviously) if people know what the fault actually is - other than warning lights.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would do is this?? On the web and look up the Ford HQ in North America, contact them email or in person shortly telling them your situation here in Thailand and who is the contact CEO etc.. in Thailand or South East Asia.

Next go get your truck. roll it out to the front of the dealership! Before doing that go and make signs 3 ft by 3ft in English and Thai saying this vehicle is a no good broken do not buy FORD! Have your friend take a photo of this with the Ford dealership behind. Now put it all over the Internet including sending it to the HQ in North America particularly the Thailand HQ and South East Asia Division! Also take out a ad in the Bangkok Post in the Car advertising division! Good luck you should get your part in FedEx fashion!

What I would do is this?? On the web and look up the Ford HQ in North America, contact them email or in person shortly telling them your situation here in Thailand and who is the contact CEO etc.. in Thailand or South East Asia.

Next go get your truck. roll it out to the front of the dealership! Before doing that go and make signs 3 ft by 3ft in English and Thai saying this vehicle is a no good broken do not buy FORD! Have your friend take a photo of this with the Ford dealership behind. Now put it all over the Internet including sending it to the HQ in North America particularly the Thailand HQ and South East Asia Division! Also take out a ad in the Bangkok Post in the Car advertising division! Good luck you should get your part in FedEx fashion!

I don't think he needs any more suggestions for now, it has been fixed (for good hopefully) already....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/784552-my-11-month-old-ford-wild-track-with-40000km-is-dead-and-no-one-will-help-please-help/?p=8821695

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You apologise for this not being one of your better posts when it's actually your first!

it says its the man 48th post in top left hand corner wub.png

I think you will find his first post on Thai Visa was the one he started this topic with... which is where the apology mentioned was made.

Maesotthailand

Member Since 2014-12-16

One- call Ford HQ in US and demand a reasonable solution at once

Two- Why in the earth would you buy a (rare in the zone) Ford when you know that it is quite uncommon car in this part of the world?

What's wrong with a Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan ?

You knowingly put your head into a trap.

Edited by fakser

My dear friend, for what it's worth..... I have no idea which model you have but to my knowledge ( which is quite good as I'm a Automotive Development Engineer ) the only Manufacturer Defaults on the Wildtrax Double Cad 3.2 diesel which has caused quite a stir is a water pipe coming from your Autobox gearbox. Your cooling system for the gearbox and engine is combined and it's known for this pipe to perish very early (usually within warranty still ) and Ford has a massive headacke regarding this.

So this might be your answer your looking for.... They might not be waiting for a "part" but is having a fight with Ford themselves for a NEW engine..... !!

Please take into account I have not seen your vehicle so I might be wrong, but this is the only inside info I can provide you with on the Ford 3.2 diesel Wildtrax regarding Manufacturer Defaults.

Good Luck.

Did you get hold of the dealer manager? I would also consider reporting direct to Ford headquarters in the US... not that they could necessarily have influence over a dealership in a third world country, but perhaps they could fast-track the part over to you.

Haha, I have never seen the office occupied when I visit.

My old Ford truck has proven reliable, but I do not like the way I am treated at the service centre.

FORD

Found

On

side of

Road

Dead

My friend bought a Ford the same time I bought my Toyota. He's had problem after problem with it. The damn bumper even came off outside the dealership after they'd fixed a broken drive shaft. The curb is so low it just ripped it clean off.

I had the same problem with Ford in the UK some years ago when I bought the then new Granada with ABS braking. A few days later I was coming to traffic lights and the ABS brakes failed. Although the car was only a few days old the main Ford Dealer told me that Ford UK had no parts and that the parts will be manufactured in three weeks. They didn't want to loan me a car for the three weeks although I needed it everyday for business. I wrote them a letter stating that the car was "unfit for purpose" and told them to rob an ABS unit from their production line. They did not like the idea of having a vehicle returned to them for a refund or replacement and they were told by Ford UK to take a unit off of a showroom model, so I got the car back on the road. I haven't bought a Ford for myself or my companies fleets, since that day. I bought a fleet of Toyotas that went around the clock several times without very little problems and parts always available.

In Thailand I have always had Japanese cars and never had a problem with parts being available. Not only that on two occasions Honda have replaced parts(Battery and engine mounts) that were no longer under warranty because "they shouldn't fail in that time period". Next time buy Japanese. Even a close friend who ran Ford Asia for many years bought a Honda when he left Ford to run another large company here, for the same reason.

Edited by Estrada

Did you get hold of the dealer manager? I would also consider reporting direct to Ford headquarters in the US... not that they could necessarily have influence over a dealership in a third world country, but perhaps they could fast-track the part over to you.

Haha, I have never seen the office occupied when I visit.

My old Ford truck has proven reliable, but I do not like the way I am treated at the service centre.

I think you mean, my old Mazda truck :) Up until the current gen, the Ranger was a badge engineered Mazda ;)

Even a close friend who ran Ford Asia for many years bought a Honda when he left Ford to run another large company here, for the same reason.

You had a close friend that "ran Ford Asia" but didn't make enough money to buy German?

FORD:

found

on

road

dead

Should have made more friends at the dealership instead of the press corp.

In think that one, along with "Fix Or Repair Daily" has been used to death on this thread already tongue.png

As for making friends at the dealership, what do you propose as an ice-breaker?

Edited by IMHO

My dear friend, for what it's worth..... I have no idea which model you have but to my knowledge ( which is quite good as I'm a Automotive Development Engineer ) the only Manufacturer Defaults on the Wildtrax Double Cad 3.2 diesel which has caused quite a stir is a water pipe coming from your Autobox gearbox. Your cooling system for the gearbox and engine is combined and it's known for this pipe to perish very early (usually within warranty still ) and Ford has a massive headacke regarding this.

So this might be your answer your looking for.... They might not be waiting for a "part" but is having a fight with Ford themselves for a NEW engine..... !!

Please take into account I have not seen your vehicle so I might be wrong, but this is the only inside info I can provide you with on the Ford 3.2 diesel Wildtrax regarding Manufacturer Defaults.

Good Luck.

I received a letter in Thai about returning to Ford , as my wife is not technically aware , she could only tell me it was a hose for cooling.

On the letter it said I had up to 9 months to bring the motor in.

My other problem with them , and my wife knows a few Thai people it has happened to , is , the a/c quits , no lights on the dash to suggest a problem.

I returned to Ford and they told me it was just something that needed re-setting ( it took them 2hrs ) and that I had to close my a/c/ before turning off the engine. Have you heard of this one ?

My other problem with them , and my wife knows a few Thai people it has happened to , is , the a/c quits , no lights on the dash to suggest a problem.

I returned to Ford and they told me it was just something that needed re-setting ( it took them 2hrs ) and that I had to close my a/c/ before turning off the engine. Have you heard of this one ?

That's almost as good as the one where you have to manually change the gears in a Automatic car.

Most dealerships, european too, do not emply technicians but simply employ parts changers, they have very little diagnostic experience except for reading off a screen.

if the pipe has been replaced and the lights stay on and they say they can reset them, that sounds odd as a full reset will usually turn the lights off, even if they come back on again with 30 secs to a minute.

the best techs DONT work at main dealerships and might be good to find a local garage who know what they do..

HERE'S A TRY FOR YOU. the codes are held in the ECU. one way to rest it is as follows. follow these instructions for a reason if you do it at all..

1.. turn all the lights on on the car, and the heater.

2.. disconnect the battery for 5-10 minutes

3.. reconnect battery

4... turn off lights etc

see what happens

good luck

Most dealerships, european too, do not emply technicians but simply employ parts changers, they have very little diagnostic experience except for reading off a screen.

if the pipe has been replaced and the lights stay on and they say they can reset them, that sounds odd as a full reset will usually turn the lights off, even if they come back on again with 30 secs to a minute.

the best techs DONT work at main dealerships and might be good to find a local garage who know what they do..

HERE'S A TRY FOR YOU. the codes are held in the ECU. one way to rest it is as follows. follow these instructions for a reason if you do it at all..

1.. turn all the lights on on the car, and the heater.

2.. disconnect the battery for 5-10 minutes

3.. reconnect battery

4... turn off lights etc

see what happens

good luck

Sorry, are these the steps to fix a mechanically damaged gearbox, or to troublsehoot an overheating PA amp? :D

Sorry, blame phutoie2 for planting that seed ;)

dude, they punked you. takes 8 min. to plug in the processor in your dash board to give them the correct failure code. huh....how long did you wait for a answer to what was wrong? why you did not check fluid & oil levels at first sign of trouble? you have been pegged as a whiner, not to far from the truth. the best thing you can do is drop all the press coverage b/s and approach the dealership boss in a humble posture, because you were driving while warning light was on. you are at fault also,.... man up & stop the whine, maybe it will help or maybe it will not as you have shot yourself in both feet already :-)

dude, they punked you. takes 8 min. to plug in the processor in your dash board to give them the correct failure code. huh....how long did you wait for a answer to what was wrong? why you did not check fluid & oil levels at first sign of trouble? you have been pegged as a whiner, not to far from the truth. the best thing you can do is drop all the press coverage b/s and approach the dealership boss in a humble posture, because you were driving while warning light was on. you are at fault also,.... man up & stop the whine, maybe it will help or maybe it will not as you have shot yourself in both feet already :-)

Why don't you read the whole thread before you whine about whiners.