My 11 month old Ford wild track with 40,000KM is Dead and NO ONE WILL HELP,.. PLEASE HELP!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, yep it is a rolox setup in LOS regarding Ford................sad.png

I would not touch one in LOS............

We have an old saying in good old Germany. "Drive away in a Ford and come back by train."

Som Nam Na, to buy such a strange vehicle. And considering the fact that you bought "that thing" in Thailand, makes it even worse.

Edited by lostinisaan

Had the report come trough from Ford yesterday regarding the broken driveshaft

It was what I thought it'd be, a poorly manufactured part.

As a result they said their parts testing facility will be looked at and improved...

I know actions speak louder than words but lets at least give them a second chance now that they've proved themselves to be better than most here...

Just got to wait for the refund of 11,000฿ and everything will be hunky dory again...

Apart from the driveshaft hiccup the car's been fabulous... Still love the auto parking !

For the record,

My initial complaint was against Ford's slack customer service... Which pretty much matches the standard across the country to be honest...

Was pleasantly surprised to receive a courtesy car while the wife's was being repaired.

I don't think many dealers here do that do they?

In over 15 years of owning cars here I've never heard of anyone getting a courtesy car!

Also for the record, referring to what car is good and what's not...

An opinion is like an ar$€hole, everyone's got one...

After reading this thread from the start and being in the market for either a new Ford Wildtrack pickup or a new Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ TRD, I bought the Toyota... Great truck...

See, TVF does have a purpose.... thumbsup.gif

I'll never know anyway because they refused to let me have it.

There is a core charge.

Looks like a crack started at around the 0800 position, and propagated thru the shaft.

Oh yeah, didn't think of that,,, how easy would it be to replace that CVJ and make it new again? Couple of hours?

I agree, the rusty looking colour IS rust! And the pitting in the middle concerned me the most...

When it actually went/broke I thought the CVJ had exploded! I went BANG!

Edited by Porkster

Owned and driven a few Fords and liked them but would find it difficult to buy another one in Thailand. Cars are nice to drive and sales staff were a lot more helpful and willing to give test drives than our local Toyota and Honda dealers, but if anything goes wrong then in my experience, service levels are not up to the same standard as Toyota and Honda. Next time I see a Ford I like, I would first check if there is a Mazda equivalent as I don't hear the service complaints about Mazda that I do from Ford Thailand customers. My current Ford is running well, no complaints, but some poor service encounters will not be forgotten when it comes time to buy a new car.

Oh yeah, didn't think of that,,, how easy would it be to replace that CVJ and make it new again? Couple of hours?

These days the complete shaft comes as a unit, remove spindle, remove shaft, replace with new shaft, re-attach spindle.

With air tools - one hour max. Not hard to do. You can do it yourself in the driveway if you have a way to lift the car and separate the ball joint.

Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind...

When you compare the service levels what do you mean exactly mate?

The difference in the interval?

I.e. My Fortuner goes every 10,000km when the Focus goes every 15,000km?

For me & my wallet I prefer Ford's service plan ;)

Or do you mean what they actually check and change out at X km?

Please don't mention Mazda to me, had a 626 yonks ago that gave me nothing but breakdowns and huge bills when service time came around.

Worst of all it cost me a night of passion with a well tasty bird! Huge pout knockers an all!

I'll never forgive Mazda for that...

^This 15,000km Ford service interval is one of their stronger competitive advantages that they should advertise more. Though in truth, that service is more expensive than the 10k one, but you're right overall it's cheaper, and certainly more convenient.

There was a report broadcast on the Channel 3 Thai TV news only an hour ago about some major problems with Ford Thailand and their new Ford Fiesta.

Many of vehicles have major gear problems, 30 new Ford Fiesta owners were detailed on the report. All were told to take their cars back to the dealers and have taken their vehicles in several times but have not cured the problem. All the owners allege that Ford Thailand told them that because they purchased the lower price range Fords, about 500000 baht, than what else should they expect and then simply just fobbed off?

So in future if I decide to replace my car in Thailand, I shall avoid a Ford.

Wonderful post from you, Beetle.

Did they mention anything about the Ford Focus?

Yeah, did they mention anything about the Focus??

The courtesy car was a Fiesta Titanium... I believe that's the top "comfort" model of Fiesta and what a piece of crap it is!

I hated driving it,

I'm not surprised they're having problems with the gearbox, it was really horrible the way it just didn't know when to change gear, jerking harshly between gears changes...

I found that if you put is in S and use the + & - buttons you get a smother gear change because YOU know what the engine's doing... And that's how I explain the problem... The gearbox doesn't seem know what the engine is doing...

Oh and a 1,500cc engine in a Saloon Fiesta is just sheer stupidity!

You've constantly got your foot planted on the floor searching for a smidgen of power...

We were going to go up to the temple on top of the mountain here (can't remember the name) but I thought we wouldn't be able to get up that hill on on tank of fuel...

Small engine in big car = 10 km/l !!! My fortuner does at least 12!

Anyway,

That's my experience on the Fiesta gearbox and I'm glad this came to light because I thought I was driving it like a brunt!

I can positively say that the Focus gearbox behaves completely differently and.... "Normal" I suppose.

The Sport+ is an awesome car to drive & I'd be interested to have someone show me another one at the same spec for that price...honda don't come close and you can forget Toyota... Mazda? LoL... I'm not going "down" the line anymore.

Oh dear, I'm in Thailand... My wife would say I've just tempted fate.

See you soon Ford!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Edited by Porkster

After reading this thread from the start and being in the market for either a new Ford Wildtrack pickup or a new Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ TRD, I bought the Toyota... Great truck...

See, TVF does have a purpose.... thumbsup.gif

I had that attitude when the driveshaft first broke... I put of all the new focus's driveshafts into one basket...

Funny how it turned out to be just that one unit that was at fault aye ;)

As I said last week... "It was probably the last one they made on a Friday afternoon - job n knock off" or something similar... Can't be bothered to scroll...

I was P'd off at ford at the time and decided to get a Vigo... But I've calmed down now that it's all sorted... I just can't stop thinking about the torque of that 3.2!

And it's got a really funky "rollover" sunglasses holder!

Edited by Porkster

We had the same problems with our now three year old Fiesta. Like you said, car couldn't decide what gear to stay in at low speed stop start traffic resulting in a jerky ride. Ford did something at the 3000km service and it was problem solved for us. There are a few threads on the topic including one about Ford software upgrades meant to fix things but I still see people saying it is still occurring.

Last year I rented a Focus three times and the last one was a bit iffy, stalling on me several times just after moving from a standing start, but otherwise a good ride in and out of town.

We had the same problems with our now three year old Fiesta. Like you said, car couldn't decide what gear to stay in at low speed stop start traffic resulting in a jerky ride. Ford did something at the 3000km service and it was problem solved for us. There are a few threads on the topic including one about Ford software upgrades meant to fix things but I still see people saying it is still occurring.

Last year I rented a Focus three times and the last one was a bit iffy, stalling on me several times just after moving from a standing start, but otherwise a good ride in and out of town.

[emoji106]

I used to feel like (when pulling away) I had to pretend that the accelerator was made of glass shards and I had bear feet...

If you wasn't careful at the lights the boy racer next to you thought you wanted a race!

The Ford breaking down or having a hiccup is a problem in itself , is not good , I think the major problem is the after sales lying , bullshit and ineptitude from Ford .

I hear you

Our current stable.

2008 Honda CR-V with 65 k clocked. 4 batteries, 1 airconditioner clutch, 4 new tires and a front-end tie rod.

2012 Ranger XLT with 60 k clocked. 1 battery, 1 tire (after I drove on some accident scene debris on a hard shoulder).

I also had a Thunderbird in the US for the best part of 7 years. I reckon I replaced a window motor once. That was it.

Sorry to hear about your Ford problems.

After sales service is non existent in Thailand as you must be aware ... you've been here 17 years ..

It sounds like you are doing as much as possible to get this issue resolved. I believe the two coarses you need to push for a proper resolution are the media approach & lawyer letter / discussions with high up Ford management.

Lawyer letter to Ford CEO both in Thailand & cc US.

As much media coverage as you possibly can do to discredit Ford and there operations here. TV, Nation, Bangkok post, Facebook can also work pretty good in cases like this.

I think these are the two areas to focus on most to achieve your goal. Just my opinion ..

good luck .... wai2.gif

you shoulda bought the chevy wink.png

He should have bought a Japanese car. Sorry, please take a look around in the States, or somewhere else in Europe.

All this non functioning electronic bs which is mostly made in China, while Japanese cars are using plenty of under pressure tubes to switch a valve, etc... on and off.

Did anybody see mechanics here using an ordinary compression tester, if there's a major problem with the engine? coffee1.gif

Just wondering how they service a Lamborghini here.

Sorry to hear about your Ford problems.

After sales service is non existent in Thailand as you must be aware ... you've been here 17 years ..

It sounds like you are doing as much as possible to get this issue resolved. I believe the two coarses you need to push for a proper resolution are the media approach & lawyer letter / discussions with high up Ford management.

Lawyer letter to Ford CEO both in Thailand & cc US.

As much media coverage as you possibly can do to discredit Ford and there operations here. TV, Nation, Bangkok post, Facebook can also work pretty good in cases like this.

I think these are the two areas to focus on most to achieve your goal. Just my opinion ..

good luck .... wai2.gif

you shoulda bought the chevy wink.png

He should have bought a Japanese car. Sorry, please take a look around in the States, or somewhere else in Europe.

All this non functioning electronic bs which is mostly made in China, while Japanese cars are using plenty of under pressure tubes to switch a valve, etc... on and off.

Did anybody see mechanics here using an ordinary compression tester, if there's a major problem with the engine? coffee1.gif

Just wondering how they service a Lamborghini here.

Should've bought a Chevy... LoL... The most hated car in Thailand... So the Thais say...?

It sounds like a vacuum switching system (for the heating and aircon direction) is state of the art?

I had it in an accord in the late 80's, my Toyata has it and so does the Ford I believe...?

It's obvious to anybody that's read all that I've written hat the problem has been solved and it just turned out to be a faulty part due to manufacture...

I've had 5 Fords previously and "from my experience" they're a very reliable car... I just don't think Thailand will be able to match my track record...

Edited by Porkster

• 2 weeks later...

Just sold my 3 year-old Ranger 2.2 XLT with 60k on the clock and traded up for a new Wildtrak 3.2 4x4.

The only problem I had with the former was a bad battery from stock (which I replaced out-of-warranty). So apart from that and the cost of all the diesel, the oil and filters from 4 services, a new tire after I buggered one up on road accident debris and all the car washes, I managed to get 450,000 baht for it (cost me 808,000 baht on the road in 2012).

I am looking forward to at least another 3 years and/or 60,000 km of comfortable and economical driving.

I managed to get 450,000 baht for it (cost me 808,000 baht

Curious - are you happy with the trade-in price ?

Very happy considering the (un)realities of used-car pricing in Thailand. I looked at taladrod.com and a few other sites and other sellers of similar marques were asking upwards of 500 k baht which is probably a true value but unrealistic in these post- first-time-buyer rebate scheme days. In my recent shopping experience (not limited to Ford), most dealers have really good special offers right now to get people buying new. Also note that the tents are not interested in having anything in their inventory that is much more than 3-4 years old.

The dealer trade-in offer (via a tent) was a lot less (380 k baht) but luckily, a private buyer came up with a much better offer (450 k baht) than I expected (400 k baht).

Very happy considering the (un)realities of used-car pricing in Thailand. I looked at taladrod.com and a few other sites and other sellers of similar marques were asking upwards of 500 k baht which is probably a true value but unrealistic in these post- first-time-buyer rebate scheme days. In my recent shopping experience (not limited to Ford), most dealers have really good special offers right now to get people buying new. Also note that the tents are not interested in having anything in their inventory that is much more than 3-4 years old.

The dealer trade-in offer (via a tent) was a lot less (380 k baht) but luckily, a private buyer came up with a much better offer (450 k baht) than I expected (400 k baht).

Yes, prices have taken a tumble in the last couple of years.

Glad to hear you are happy with the result.

And as a bonus!

A bonus because I thought it'd never happen in Thailand is that we got out 11,000฿ for the flatbed refunded...

It obviously went into the wife's account... Doh!

I suppose you must rely on the Jap Crap when you have to have it serviced every 10,000KM !!!

I'm liking Ford's service plan far better at the moment...

And in the 10 years I've had my Toyota I've NEVER had a courtesy car... But we did with Ford [emoji106]

And as a bonus!

A bonus because I thought it'd never happen in Thailand is that we got out 11,000฿ for the flatbed refunded...

It obviously went into the wife's account... Doh!

I suppose you must rely on the Jap Crap when you have to have it serviced every 10,000KM !!!

I'm liking Ford's service plan far better at the moment...

And in the 10 years I've had my Toyota I've NEVER had a courtesy car... But we did with Ford [emoji106]

maybe Toyota doesn't have the practice or experience ford has in giving them out ;)

I had a problem with my condo and went to visit them, they were really helpfull and we completed a complaint form on the spot. A few weeks later I called them and they asked me to forward the reciept. A few weeks later they asked me to forward copies of the Chanote, a few weeks later they asked for something else. About a month later they wrote to me and asked me to have everything translated into Thai, they gave me a deadline to have it translated or the case would be closed.

I appreciate this is Thailand, but the way they dealt with me suggests that they had no intention of helping and just delayed matters, I wouldnt bother with them again

Sir,

Maybe it's an "Optical Illusion", but it seems to me that you're not alone in your sufferings from Thailand's Ford total lack of 'service'. With the regularity of a Swiss Clock, I read similar stories about the abhorrent treatment of Ford customers in this Forum and a number of others.

I strongly suggest that you get in touch with the Thai Office named the Thailand Consumer Protection Board. This Board is a department which resorts directly under the Prime Minister's Office and these people appear to be very "service-minded" and they are also a very powerful entity within Thai society, who; after taking your case in, will not fiddle about and/or sit on their hands: they're pretty darn quick of the mark !

Simply Google "Thailand Consumer Protection" and you'll hit pay-dirt quickly (I guess we're not allowed to quote web-sites here).

I sincerely hope you will be able to get a rapid resolve and next time when you go shopping for a reliable pick-up (top-speed: 195 km/hr !) try looking into the Toyota line-up. Their service is, in fact, second to none - and I say that from personal experience over 22 years in Thailand.

Cheers,

JGK

thumbsup.gif

I had a problem with my condo and went to visit them, they were really helpfull and we completed a complaint form on the spot. A few weeks later I called them and they asked me to forward the reciept. A few weeks later they asked me to forward copies of the Chanote, a few weeks later they asked for something else. About a month later they wrote to me and asked me to have everything translated into Thai, they gave me a deadline to have it translated or the case would be closed.

I appreciate this is Thailand, but the way they dealt with me suggests that they had no intention of helping and just delayed matters, I wouldnt bother with them again

You had a problem with your condo so you went and visited Ford...?

You had a problem with your condo so you went and visited Ford...?

This is common practice now. I wrote a complaint to our local Pharmacy since they didn't stock 265/70/R16 Yoko tires. Its been a month and they still haven't replied. I also bought some Tiffy Cold n Flu there which didn't help and I'm waiting on my bank managers thoughs on that.