My 11 month old Ford wild track with 40,000KM is Dead and NO ONE WILL HELP,.. PLEASE HELP!

Is this one f the reasons why the 3.2 was not so quickly available in LoS? I thought there were some issues with the gearbox in the 3.2 unit. I hope the OP gets it sorted quickly. Not nice to be without one's ride, especially when it's essential for your job.

Edited by culicine

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW .. Fred,

Hat off to you! Saw your post and just called them. They have decided to change the whole gear worth over 150,000 baht.

The part is either there or on its way and they said that BKK authorized this.

They told me that i can pick up the truck tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry for confusion, yes BKK plate, ... the wait in Mae Sot was 16 months but from the other dealer it was only 4 months.

Fred - waiting on the bill, its the least i could do!! I pass thru there quite often, hope to return the favor as well as pay any damages!!

Thanks so Much.

So, everyone,.. it looks like ... (wait... phone ringing, its Ford)

OK, i am back

Ford said they have completed the gear change and gear oil added and tested. everything is perfect, i can go pick up my truck. There is zero costs. I will have my people pick it up tomorrow 8am. WOW

So, looks like case closed. Thanks everyone and Thanks Ford.

WOW .. Fred,

Hat off to you! Saw your post and just called them. They have decided to change the whole gear worth over 150,000 baht.

Sorry for confusion, yes BKK plate, ... the wait in Mae Sot was 16 months but from the other dealer it was only 4 months.

Fred - waiting on the bill, its the least i could do!! I pass thru there quite often, hope to return the favor as well as pay any damages!!

Thanks so Much.

OK, i am back

Ford said they have completed the gear change and gear oil added and tested. everything is perfect, i can go pick up my truck. There is zero costs. I will have my people pick it up tomorrow 8am. WOW

Your welcome. You'll be happy to hear no damages to report. They the K.P.P peeps have just sorted/sorting out the road near the T/lights just past Fords.

There will also be a reduction in costs as some of the staff were very 'well for me' sexy. Looked better than the wife anyway.

Enjoy.

Fred.

You guys want to migrate to the Bikes in Thailand forum, give some of the posters there an example to follow ?I

LOL laugh.png

I feel so obligated to help so i will definitely be surfing the forums and offering my 2 cents anywhere i might be able to help.

Its been amazing, and thanks so much to everyone and an extra special thank you to Fred, Transam and a few others,

See a few more comments i want to reply before i give the final post to finalize event as this evening talked to Ford and also got an email. Also have a suggestion for anyone that has issues not resolved.

WOW .. Fred,

Thanks so Much.

OK, i am back

Your welcome. You'll be happy to hear no damages to report. They the K.P.P peeps have just sorted/sorting out the road near the T/lights just past Fords.

There will also be a reduction in costs as some of the staff were very 'well for me' sexy. Looked better than the wife anyway.

Enjoy.

Fred.

Fred!!...Cheers!! I owe you a round or two, will make it up somehow! don't want to owe that Karma LOL

HMM,.. see that now you know why i was NOT complaining about the Monday i spent in Ford, Poor Little ME, for a Whole 5+ hours, and although i should have been steaming, i was actually ok, it wasn't till Wed or Thur when the dates starting rolling that i started to REALIZE just how bad this come become. Skirt! Lets hope the old lady doesn't see this LOL

It's just a shame that you had to go all through this , ( and it is not just you , I would suggest there are more Thais than Farangs having problems )

Maybe Fors will buck there ideas up from now on.

I have been told it is now a case study, I have received quite a few calls today. All from westerners. Also received a very nice mail. They really seem to be making an effort.

If anyone else out there has FORD issues, encourage them to post on this Forum. Between the experts and good hearts we have on here that i see plus the recent connection i have made, i am sure we can get the ball moving.

I will be sure to keep my open for any posts.

Summary:

As of 5pm, Truck is complete, change the whole transmission as that was the fastest way they could get the truck back on the road.

Tomorrow will pick up the truck, although they have already extensively tested it and there are no issues.

Of course there is zero costs.

Very apologetic and do state that its a call center issue that they need to immediately work on, not escalating to the right level ( i see this where i work often, get my head bitten off by customer overseas and then ask my team, and they would be... ah..ya.. didn't want to tell you or along those lines. Takes time to develop this at least IMO)

Also sent me the mail below this evening, so giving all real names, titles and point of contact to me shows sincerity. ..... PERHAPS FRED'S TRIP WAS ENOUGH TO FEAR SOME SENSE INTO THEM.... if so, don't want to cross that line wink.png

Thanks Everyone, i will be around, at will also make sure you know if the ranger does fail me again. As i said, it is a great truck to drive, ... lets hope i was the odd case.

Will continue to look out for Ford issues from others on here to see if there is anyway to push it to the below contacts to get things rolling. I believe it would be a short term and like mentioned interim... sure the TV plus some of the emails and all plus of course THIS FORUM has waken the dragon?

Not sure if i should do this, but i will post the mail below for now, perhaps remove later....

"

Hi Xxxxxxx

Nice to talk with you again today and appreciate your ongoing support of Ford Motor Company related products and services.

To further improve our levels of Customer Service in Thailand, it would certainly be appreciated if you could share in more detail your past Service experiences.

In the interim, if we can be of further support please do hesitate to contact either myself, Khun Xxxxx - Director Customer Service Thailand or Khun Xxxxx – Customer Assistance Support.

Kind regards

Regional Director

"

Edited by Maesotthailand

I'm happy to see that things appear to be working out for you, but I'll reserve the celebrations until you have a working truck though.

I'm curious - does any of this recent positive action actually make anyone feel any better about the Ford brand?

I'm curious - does any of this recent positive action actually make anyone feel any better about the Ford brand?

I'm feeling all warm and toasty inside...Though it could just be the effects of the early Christmas party I attended last night.

Seriously, if you look at the markets where Ford is a dominant player, their service is not any more an issue than other brands. They clearly don't consider Thailand important enough, and that is just slouchy business practice. As I said, they don't need the Thai market except as a place of manufacture, they should consider withdrawing and focusing on China and other places; or if not, completely cleaning house in their dealership structure, and cleaning up their service response.

Converter failure is due to thrust bearing or welding failure........You will have noise........

Not to mention that a torque converter is a sealed unit that typically does not have a sensor attached...

A torque converter is a device that bolts to the engine crankshaft on one side and to the transmission on the other side... The unit has internal vanes a bit like a turbine and is filled with a viscous fluid to aid in smoothly transferring engine RPMs to the transmission without a lot jerking... Given the above parameters, I don't see how an idiot light can be activated by a torque converter failure... Plus, if a torque converter fails, the truck would not move when put in gear and hit the gas pedal...

Now, if the truck is a 4-wheel drive, the issue may be related to the transfer case...

EDIT: Read the rest of the thread after my post... Congrats on getting a resolution from Ford... Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets greased....

Edited by Loptr

Well done Mae Sot, pity you had to go such lengths, but you stood up to the big guys and got justice.

As for Ford I will say well done too, although I believe if Mae Sot hadn't fought so hard he would have gotten the short end.

My next truck was definitely going to be a Ford, as I do love the 2010 model I have. But now I will have to make that decision when the time comes. certainly some red flags were raised here in this thread. Although Ford did finish well.

Seems that Ford, "don't like it up 'em". Sad that one has to go to such lengths to get a car sorted in a timely manner. I wonder if the slowness in parts availability is because the parts come from different parts of the world, rather than one country. It doesn't take so long to get new spare parts for Japanese cars.

Seems that Ford, "don't like it up 'em". Sad that one has to go to such lengths to get a car sorted in a timely manner. I wonder if the slowness in parts availability is because the parts come from different parts of the world, rather than one country. It doesn't take so long to get new spare parts for Japanese cars.

These Wildtraks are built in Thailand , surely they have stock parts kicking around.

I'm happy to see that things appear to be working out for you, but I'll reserve the celebrations until you have a working truck though.

Definitely Not . Just because they eventually did get their finger out and provide a service , does not make them any better.

After I eventually got my truck , I was sent a questionnaire to fill in , I gave a lot of low marks on customer service because of the dishonesty and lack of communication.

I never heard back asking about the problems.

It's just a shame that you had to go all through this , ( and it is not just you , I would suggest there are more Thais than Farangs having problems )

Maybe Ford will buck there ideas up from now on.

Go through what now?

It looks like it took Ford Thailand a little more than 48 hours to decide that a new transmission was needed, locate such a replacement unit, send it to the dealership in Bahn Nork for them to replace and hand the truck back to the owner. I seriously doubt that Ford can deliver that sort of customer care in their motherland.

Stress monkeys the lot of you. Try learning the bloody language instead of corralling the usual suspects here on TV which only serves to raise blood pressure collectively.

Go through what now?

It looks like it took Ford Thailand a little more than 48 hours to decide that a new transmission was needed, locate such a replacement unit, send it to the dealership in Bahn Nork for them to replace and hand the truck back to the owner. I seriously doubt that Ford can deliver that sort of customer care in their motherland.

Stress monkeys the lot of you. Try learning the bloody language instead of corralling the usual suspects here on TV which only serves to raise blood pressure collectively.

' It looks like it took Ford Thailand a little more than 48 hours to decide that a new transmission was needed, '

Try understanding the eventual reason as why the new transmission was decided.

If nothing was done or if no pressure was applied Ford thailand would be happy to see the truck sit in the service centre until february.

Things got done because the issue and time frame for repair were not acceptable, as such an escalation to higher authority was justified as required ....

How about you read the history before blowing your trumpet next time .... coffee1.gif

Well done Mae Sot, pity you had to go such lengths, but you stood up to the big guys and got justice.

As for Ford I will say well done too, although I believe if Mae Sot hadn't fought so hard he would have gotten the short end.

My next truck was definitely going to be a Ford, as I do love the 2010 model I have. But now I will have to make that decision when the time comes. certainly some red flags were raised here in this thread. Although Ford did finish well.

agree ... a good outcome due to applied pressure in the right direction ... shouldn't have to be like that.

As for your new 2010 ... best you jump in the Chevrolet and take her for a spin .... whistling.gif

As a 3.2 Wildtrack 6 speed auto trans, owner I've read the thread with interest. 22K mileage and no problems, knock on wood.

glad to see you're getting a new transmisson rather than try to patch up the old one.

I've thought about when Dodge introduced the first real diesel for small trucks, the in line six Cummins. The first two years they had massive problems with transmissons and rear ends.

The parts just were not up to the torque of a big diesel engine.

I wonder if the same is going on with the 3.2L in these trucks. It's quite a jump in power and there now finding the weak spots in the driveline

Transam - thanks for the post. Yes i read earlier on a post someone mentioned the suggestion of putting it in gear in the mountains to stop it from constantly changing gears.

I was meaning to answer that the Ford handles very different that others. on the mountain it actually does not keep changing and even helps uses the engine as break going down. I find it intelligent compared to the older Vigo i drove over the mountains.

I asked them (Ford) just now and they said absolutely no need and to drive as i want, it would adjust. Anyways i think i will be a little more careful and also keep an eye on it in the mountains.

I've researched both the Ford and Mazda extensively in preparation for our Isuzu Dmax's retirement. I've read that its recommended to drive with them in in sport mode when towing or when heavily laden. This I imagine would keep the revs higher, increasing coolant and oil flow thus increasing the efficiency of the transmission oil cooler.

As transam points out, heat is indeed the killer of auto transmissions.

I've researched both the Ford and Mazda extensively in preparation for our Isuzu Dmax's retirement. I've read that its recommended to drive with them in in sport mode when towing or when heavily laden. This I imagine would keep the revs higher, increasing coolant and oil flow thus increasing the efficiency of the transmission oil cooler.

As transam points out, heat is indeed the killer of auto transmissions.

Thanks wai2.gif

I will put it in sport when on the hills.

why don't you just swallow the bitter pill and wait, spending more money moving the vehicle,( with the risks that that entails) and then spending money on lawyers, give the vehicle a rest you have had three years of mileage out of it, the holidays are coming chill out,

You sound like a spoilt kid, Yes they should fix it, and they are but just not fast enough for you. hire a car with unlimited mileage with the money you save.

@Steve187 - The lawyer works for us full time so its not a money issue, i often choose to consult just to get an idea.

yes, the holidays are around the corner, with my current position, i am on the road every 2-3 days. Not having a truck is not an option unfortunately, so since the day it died i have been renting a Vigo. The cheapest i was able to find with insurance is 1600 a day.

i wish i was still a kid, working over here 17+ years alone, i am a little older than that but would never want the kid in me to die.

My dilemma is from experience, if you do not press you will get no where. Yes, tentatively its Feb 26, but that was after a lot of work.

OK, don't like sounding like a spoiled brat so i will rethink it all out. Thanks. A look in the mirror now and then is one of the best things IMO, so thanks!

I think I could get you a 2.2 wildtrack to rent for two months at half that price. nice you took the comment in the way i meant.

Yeah right...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

why don't you just swallow the bitter pill and wait, spending more money moving the vehicle,( with the risks that that entails) and then spending money on lawyers, give the vehicle a rest you have had three years of mileage out of it, the holidays are coming chill out,

You sound like a spoilt kid, Yes they should fix it, and they are but just not fast enough for you. hire a car with unlimited mileage with the money you save.

@Steve187 - The lawyer works for us full time so its not a money issue, i often choose to consult just to get an idea.

yes, the holidays are around the corner, with my current position, i am on the road every 2-3 days. Not having a truck is not an option unfortunately, so since the day it died i have been renting a Vigo. The cheapest i was able to find with insurance is 1600 a day.

i wish i was still a kid, working over here 17+ years alone, i am a little older than that but would never want the kid in me to die.

My dilemma is from experience, if you do not press you will get no where. Yes, tentatively its Feb 26, but that was after a lot of work.

OK, don't like sounding like a spoiled brat so i will rethink it all out. Thanks. A look in the mirror now and then is one of the best things IMO, so thanks!

I think I could get you a 2.2 wildtrack to rent for two months at half that price. nice you took the comment in the way i meant.

Yeah right...cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No really, after all the threads on Ford service, they can't even rent them anymore :P

Go through what now?

' It looks like it took Ford Thailand a little more than 48 hours to decide that a new transmission was needed, '

Try understanding the eventual reason as why the new transmission was decided.

If nothing was done or if no pressure was applied Ford thailand would be happy to see the truck sit in the service centre until february.

Things got done because the issue and time frame for repair were not acceptable, as such an escalation to higher authority was justified as required ....

How about you read the history before blowing your trumpet next time .... coffee1.gif

Bit of a stretch to call anything that was sorted in 48-hours as having a 'history'. This? All sorted before the weekend so what's the big deal?

The OP shit his pants and got on TV for moral support with many half-hoping he would need a lawyer and could bang on for many more pages about Fords legendary crap service here. Someone even suggested that this could equal spoonman's legendary engine disaster and Fords epically shit service. Now THAT was and still is a disgrace.

However, it was a TV member THAT SPOKE THE LANGUAGE that offered to go and check the situation and it had already been taken care of. End of.

Anyway, my blood pressure is OK. How's yours?