Countries vow not to host anti-Thai government movements

webfact

Countries vow not to host anti-Thai government movements
By Digital Content

14188792691109-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 18 -- A number of countries have promised Thailand not to tolerate anti-Thai monarchy and anti-Thai government movements on their soil, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Information Department Director General Sek Wannamethee, spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, said that the promise was expressed by Cambodia, the Lao PDR and many western countries.

As Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered Thailand's concerned authorities to coordinate action against people offending the royal institution with other countries, Mr Sek said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs forwarded the message to Thai embassies abroad and foreign embassies in Thailand.

Mr Sek said said Thailand was undergoing comprehensive reform and concerned people living in other countries could send their opinions through Thai embassies to the National Reform Council. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-12-18

what diid the guy say to the monk "I fai"....................

Does this IMAGINARY long list of Western Countrys INCLUDE all the FREE SPEECH ONES cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Well, I don't know many free speech western countries......

But with the right promises Thaksin or the current government can buy it.

Which western countries?

I doubt this is factual

It's called making it up and thinking that everyone is dumb enough to buy it. Used to work in the pre-internet era these guys still live in.

I was wondering ?

Australia actually bans the entire Junta running Thailand from setting foot on its soil and routinely is highly critical of both it and the LM laws.

Last time I looked, Australia was east of Thailand. And isn't Australia the country that welcomes Iranian fugitives to enter the country and settle there? I can't see Australia effectively banning anyone from setting foot on its soil.

• Like 2

That ASEAN countries vow not to host anti-government groups isn't a real surprise. Non-intervention is about the first rule governing ASEAN.

As for Western countries, that's a bit more difficult. That depends much more on the level of activities by those anit-LM or anti-government groups. Pure LM will probably not be an issue, but politics and possible incitement to violence and/or hate is a different matter all together. Groups will be under surveillance anyway and as long as a government still deals with the Thai government it's a bit hypocritical to allow anti-governments groups to be very vocal or active.

Most will be covered by the diplomacy of "don't ask, don't tell".

So the odd anti Thai coup poster in the west is now a 'movement'?

So we only have the odd anti Thai coup poster? Surely any democracy loving ... ... ...

Edited by rubl

Which western countries?

I doubt this is factual

It's called making it up and thinking that everyone is dumb enough to buy it. Used to work in the pre-internet era these guys still live in.

I was wondering ?

Australia actually bans the entire Junta running Thailand from setting foot on its soil and routinely is highly critical of both it and the LM laws.

Last time I looked, Australia was east of Thailand. And isn't Australia the country that welcomes Iranian fugitives to enter the country and settle there? I can't see Australia effectively banning anyone from setting foot on its soil.

They do and have done so recently for example the Dutch anti Muslim activist .

• Like 1

Same s*** different day.

Thailands economy is in freefall and living standards are falling, yet all these morons can offer is more idle threats against those who challenge their tentative grip on power that is weakening by the day.

Every single day they sound more and more desperate.

"Cambodia, the Lao PDR" (these two I can believe) "and many western countries" this one is off the rocker, gone 'round the bend, toys in the attic, barking at the moon, surely gone fishing lunacy...maybe they are counting Myanmar because, well, Myanmar is West of Thailand, and so are parts of Indonesia.

Yeah...that's the ticket.

• Like 1