Jeans made that will prevent 'digital pickpocketing'

Maestro

17 December 2014 Last updated at 13:13
Jeans made that will prevent 'digital pickpocketing'

A pair of jeans containing material that blocks wireless signals is being developed in conjunction with anti-virus firm Norton.

The trousers are intended to stop thieves hacking into radio frequency identification (RFID) tagged passports or contactless payment cards.

According to security experts this type of theft is a growing problem.

The jeans are designed by online clothing company Betabrand and use a silver-based material to block signals.

Read more: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30513497

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-12-17

The trousers are intended to stop thieves hacking into radio frequency identification (RFID) tagged passports or contactless payment cards.

The jeans are designed by online clothing company Betabrand and use a silver-based material to block signals.

OMG. I hope they fit in a tiny bikini, as that's what we foreigners are best known for.

We show all, wear tiny bikinis at the bitch beach and piss off Army generals who think that they're somebody and all in a sudden regret it, because the whole world starts laughing about such a genius..facepalm.gif

post-158336-0-11126100-1419179773_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

though very attractive,

cheap-monday-tinfoil-suit.jpg

I don't believe they would be appropriate for every occasion

personally I think that some times the low tech approach is the best,,with that in mind I have to fall back on my squirrels in the pocket suggestion offered in the

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785810-a-simple-anti-pick-pocketing-device/

thread . please see reply #7

anyone who knows anything about science , knows about the incredible RFID blocking properties of squirrel fur.

to anyone who doubts this

98% of all squirrels tested were found to broadcast zero to minimal RIFD signals.

the remaining 2%........

Edited by sirineou

Get a man purse lined with tin foil.

What about aluminium foil? Why are here so many tinheads around? And those who think thye know it better and call it aluminum.

How should I explain that to my Huskey?

The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

On the other hand, the French eat a lot of fat, frog legs and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

The Germans ( some of them who live in the lower northeast of Thailand are highly intelligent) usually drink beer in one liter mugs, eat a lot of fat and freaking Sauerkraut & Bratwurst, but have less explosive diarrhea than Chinese quality tourists in Pattaya.

Conclusion: Eat and drink what you like. It's speaking English that kills you.-facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

If the pockets block wireless signals to does this also mean that if I put my phone in the pocket of a pair of these security trousers that the signal will be blocked and I therefore won't be able to receive any phone calls, etc? ;)

Could be useful for blocking phone location services if you tell the missus you're going to the shops when you're actually meeting your mates in the pub ;)