New uniforms for Immigration!

FireMedic

Are you sure you actually landed in Thailand and not another country ?

Trust me, I was shocked. They looked nice, friendly, and were working diligently. They didn't ask me for my work permit either this time. I had to look around a few times and make sure I wasn't in Singapore. I'm pretty harsh on things when I see them, but I have to give credit when it's due.

• Like 2

Trust me, I was shocked. They looked nice, friendly, and were working diligently. They didn't ask me for my work permit either this time. I had to look around a few times and make sure I wasn't in Singapore. I'm pretty harsh on things when I see them, but I have to give credit when it's due.

Didn't ask for your work permit? I've been through immigration countless times and had a work permit for 14 years. Never been asked to show it. Why would they need to see it anyway, since a work permit is not required, so long as you have a valid visa and re-entry permit?

Didn't ask for your work permit? I've been through immigration countless times and had a work permit for 14 years. Never been asked to show it. Why would they need to see it anyway, since a work permit is not required, so long as you have a valid visa and re-entry permit?

I'm not sure. I fly mostly out of DM and they rarely ask...maybe one or two times in 2 years. At Swampy I have been asked several times in a row leaving and coming. Since I always have it, I just hand it over. It has never really caused me any delays, but I figure I won't give them any reason to mess with me. I posted about it maybe a year ago.

• Like 1

Those guys wear so many medals and ribbons you'd think they fought all the wars

in recent memory...infect, they let those medals and insignias comes wit the uniforms....

The medals are based on how much money theism extort from foreigners

Perhaps you were on a night out, got drunk and landed in a go-go bar where the servers were disguised which such uniform you mentioned ? giggle.gif

I came into Suvanabhumi yesterday evening. Place was very busy. Through immigration very quickly though. Everyone was working and also noticeably friendly, which clearly doesn't come easy to some. The lady on the ASEAN citizens queue got short of ASEAN customers so she came out of her box and called several farangs over.

There was a mixture of uniforms last night - the old brown style with all the badges and braid and some dark navy. The young ladies checking landing card completion and managing the queues had it very well organized and were laughing and joking.

Our flight didn't have landing cards so people were having to get them as they got off and the flight was full. But most people were through immigration way before the luggage came up.

• Like 1

I agree, the new uniforms do look good. I came in yesterday afternoon and got a real young cutie, she was lovely. Very impressed!

I agree, the new uniforms do look good. I came in yesterday afternoon and got a real young cutie, she was lovely. Very impressed!

I hate to put a downer on all this love towards immigration.....the old cynic in me says theyre lulling us into a false sense of security and setting us for a fall lol ;-)

• Like 1

Didn't ask for your work permit? I've been through immigration countless times and had a work permit for 14 years. Never been asked to show it, perhaps because a WP has nothing to do with immigration and you are only required to possess it when working. Why would they need to see it anyway, since a work permit is not required, so long as you have a valid visa and re-entry permit?

I'm not sure. I fly mostly out of DM and they rarely ask...maybe one or two times in 2 years. At Swampy I have been asked several times in a row leaving and coming. Since I always have it, I just hand it over. It has never really caused me any delays, but I figure I won't give them any reason to mess with me. I posted about it maybe a year ago.

Not sure why I have never been asked, or whether anyone else here has been asked to show their work permit. I never carry mine whilst traveling. So what happens if you don't have it at immigration? It is not required for entry or exit. Only a visa or else a passport eligible for visa waiver entry is required.

Edited by bubba

I was at Khon Kaen Immi today.

Lots of brown/grey, stars and stripes as usual.

Yes there are some young students/trainees (all young girls) in navy blue (for my eyes closer to black) wandering around.

Kind of windbreakers with an attached (stitched) badge.

These youngsters are by no way fully competent officers.

Just the opposite: since the coup I have never seen in an officer in casual wear (as happened before).

All in full gala.

(disclaimer: I do not exclude that an other office customs are different, all in windbreakers)

Edited by KhunBENQ