ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Well this has taken a remarkable turn.

Out of the remaining candidates, we have one who's taking it all far too seriously, one who's exploiting his own kids as a political tool, and one who's simply a tedious buffoon.

I thing Nancy is the obvious choice now. If only because it's funny how uncomfortable she clearly makes some posters.

I would be happy to see NancyL win.

But happier if I win.

Really, it's been so many years, I really want it just the ONE time.

Not greedy ... consider all the years of the tease and letdown.

I understand your criticism but I still think I deserve to win this year.

If that sounds crazy or pathetic, so be it ... irrationality isn't exactly something I have a monopoly on.

After that if I finally win the ONE TIME after SO MANY YEARS ... you won't hear a peep from me again in my favor in any future campaign.

Wouldn't that be lovely?

Do I detect a hint of utter desperation there?

You can detect any tone you like.

I really want to win.

I really think I deserve to win.

ONE TIME.

Not interested in a DYNASTY like ... (deleted).

I should be ashamed of wanting to win?

Why?

I should not be confident that I deserve to win?

Why?

In a real election would you want a candidate that puts on a play act of not wanting to win?

That lacks the SELF CONFIDENCE that they DESERVE to win?

Would you believe him?

Edited by Jingthing

Out of the remaining candidates, we have one who's taking it all far too seriously, one who's exploiting his own kids as a political tool, and one who's simply a tedious buffoon.

I thing Nancy is the obvious choice now. If only because it's funny how uncomfortable she clearly makes some posters.

Mrs doubtfire hasn't fronted up this evening. She's either:

A) Still trying to finish her evening beverages

B) Passed out after consuming her evening beverages

C) sharpening her insults after both a & b were completed.

She's knitting for the poor of Chiang Rai!

• Like 1

B) Passed out after consuming her evening beverages

Better keep smearing. Can't have a girl in the clubhouse.

When you and your cronies give something a 'funny' nickname, it's a dead giveaway you feel threatened by it.

• Like 1

I would be happy to see NancyL win.

But happier if I win.

If that sounds crazy or pathetic, so be it ... irrationality isn't exactly something I have a monopoly on.

After that if I finally win the ONE TIME after SO MANY YEARS ... you won't hear a peep from me again in my favor in any future campaign.

Wouldn't that be lovely?

Do I detect a hint of utter desperation there?

You can detect any tone you like.

I really want to win.

I really think I deserve to win.

ONE TIME.

Not interested in a DYNASTY like ... (deleted).

I should be ashamed of wanting to win?

Why?

I should not be confident that I deserve to win?

Why?

In a real election would you want a candidate that puts on a play act of not wanting to win?

That lacks the SELF CONFIDENCE that they DESERVE to win?

Would you believe him?

I think I deserve to be rich.

Who's going to send me their money?

• Like 1

<snip>

But happier if I win.

Wouldn't that be lovely?

JT ... I applaud your naked honesty ... clap2.gif

Few would be as strong as you.

If the crowning glory of your life, thus far, is to be crowned the POTY of 2014, I say ... man realise your dreams.

Me? I'm just dirty the fridge has no beer left in it.

Priorities, I suppose.

<snip>

But happier if I win.

Wouldn't that be lovely?

If the crowning glory of your life, thus far, is to be crowned the POTY of 2014, I say ... man realise your dreams.

Priorities, I suppose.

If you feel so strongly you COULD withdraw and send your votes my way.

Holding my breath now! cheesy.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Priorities, I suppose.cheesy.gif

If you feel so strongly you COULD withdraw and send your votes my way.

Holding my breath now! cheesy.gif

Dear Mr JT ... that concept of withdrawal before finishing is a concept that you have fought against tooth and nail since it's been first mentioned.

As a man of principle, you know that would not be the done thing.

We have 4 ... and 4 is determined it shall be.

As for sending votes your way ... I control only one ... but MissFarmGirl maybe persuaded ... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

cool.png Passed out after consuming her evening beverages

She got a big boost in votes the last time that she allegedly insulted David 48 in a drunken tirade. It might be time to chug down a new bottle and get down and dirty. burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRRx8h9ZhP6

• Like 1

Thank you Soibiker. That's it exactly, isn't? They came to Thailand to get away from women like me, right?

Only I think some of them have discovered that Thai women have their own techniques for getting their own way. Not the same techniques as women like me and the wives they left behind, but just as effective in the end. Maybe even more devastating.

At least Hubby's still on his first wife and has a pretty good retirement fund remaining.

(well, this should break up the cat fight between David and Jingthing)

Well, I am still on my first wife Nancy, and boy has she got a fine retirement fund to come........laugh.png

No actually, Hubby and I have been in Bangkok the last couple days. I mentioned that. I guess none of you are, or else you would have noticed the all-day Rotary fair in Lumpini Park. Gads, hundreds of 'em and the place was swarmed with people enjoying everything from free food, haircuts, dental work, eye check-ups and glasses plus getting screenings for blood pressure, diabetes, cataracts, glaucoma, etc. Meanwhile, local Rotary clubs from all over the country had displays of their service projects, so it was a great opportunity to go around and network.

(and no ,didn't see anyone getting scammed!)

Anyway, we're back in our hotel room now, wiped and tired, in need of a recommendation for a quick and easy dinner. We just couldn't take another Thai Rotary dinner, which always seems to involve much Karaoke and speeches.

So, where's a good place to go for dinner? We're in lower Sukhimvit?

• Like 1

No actually, Hubby and I have been in Bangkok the last couple days. I mentioned that. I guess none of you are, or else you would have noticed the all-day Rotary fair in Lumpini Park. Gads, hundreds of 'em and the place was swarmed with people enjoying everything from free food, haircuts, dental work, eye check-ups and glasses plus getting screenings for blood pressure, diabetes, cataracts, glaucoma, etc. Meanwhile, local Rotary clubs from all over the country had displays of their service projects, so it was a great opportunity to go around and network.

Anyway, we're back in our hotel room now, wiped and tired, in need of a recommendation for a quick and easy dinner. We just couldn't take another Thai Rotary dinner, which always seems to involve much Karaoke and speeches.

Miss Saranair on Soi 17.....don't miss the chu chee prawns. ;)

The curries are good too as is the wingbean salad.

The numbers are not adding up...just over 300 votes so far, George, what percentage does that equal in terms of the overall TV membership? Less than 1%?

Either way it's incredibly low.

I think they should add in a 5th option : NONE of the above. Overwhelming favourite with the bookies.

The Kiwi Bar.

• Like 1

concept of withdrawal before finishing

If withdrawal before finishing had occurred before conception a number of years ago this thread would not be half as fast moving as the 'Rain' or 'What time is it in Australia' threads of yesteryear.........

Moss von 'Snapkicktothehead' Kaplinski