ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

It's a difficult task every year, but smokie does a great job and will again next year.

I agree it's a difficult task. But I also think there is no logical reason the same member should run it year after year if there are others offering their services and pledge to do it better. Is Smokie Poll Lord for life? Is so, why?

One huge flaw this year (among a number) is the LENGTH of the process. It was obviously way too long.

Yes it is easy to criticize. But I am doing more than that. I am stepping up and suggesting to put my neck on the line with my pledge that I can and will do it BETTER.

Yes it should be run at 1 minute to midnight December 31stw00t.gif

haha. Lot of fun reading this. Some poster need help from doctor cheesy.gif

Last year how many votes winner get? Get more votes than 2014?

Looking at winner now, jingthing is 140 votes. that more or less last year?

somone tell me please?

I think probably more but I wouldn't read too much into it.

The field has been pared down, the race is really long this time, and there is a lot more outside campaigning going on.

So I guess you could look it up, but I don't really see the point of bothering.

Edited by Jingthing

In response to David48, in the probably unlikely event that I am given the opportunity to become Poll Lord I will present an outline of all of my proposed policies and scheduling, including my intention to not include any previous winners along with my reasoning, and they will have the opportunity to nix anything they object to (as we are the pawns here, don't forget). Beyond that, I am not interested in discussing this with you further at this time, also considering it is really OFF TOPIC.

Long words that mean little.

Too off topic? laugh.png This thread has done more U turns than a Tuk Tuk.

But I understand if you simply don't want to discuss it.

I don't see the point. I think you're being naive about this. The mods would need to buy into any change ... and they have already communicated an interest in taking it over entirely. So waste of time to assume to be in control of process.

It's a difficult task every year, but smokie does a great job and will again next year.

I agree it's a difficult task. But I also think there is no logical reason the same member should run it year after year if there are others offering their services and pledge to do it better. Is Smokie Poll Lord for life? Is so, why?

One huge flaw this year (among a number) is the LENGTH of the process. It was obviously way too long.

Yes it is easy to criticize. But I am doing more than that. I am stepping up and suggesting to put my neck on the line with my pledge that I can and will do it BETTER.

But JT ... that's the fun of Christmas. The time when this Poll is usually run.

Why change Santa Clause?

We liked him last year ... and years before that.

Surely you like Santa Clause?

he say to you many time he not do christmas with his religion.

why you keep making fun of him and him religion? that santa claus all about christmas.

This is stalking yes? Moderaters!! why david48 always stalking that jingthing!

In response to David48, in the probably unlikely event that I am given the opportunity to become Poll Lord I will present an outline of all of my proposed policies and scheduling, including my intention to not include any previous winners along with my reasoning, and they will have the opportunity to nix anything they object to (as we are the pawns here, don't forget). Beyond that, I am not interested in discussing this with you further at this time, also considering it is really OFF TOPIC.

Long words that mean little.

I think I just felt a bee sting. Oh Lordy!

Too off topic? laugh.png This thread has done more U turns than a Tuk Tuk.

But I understand if you simply don't want to discuss it.

I don't see the point. I think you're being naive about this. The mods would need to buy into any change ... and they have already communicated an interest in taking it over entirely. So waste of time to assume to be in control of process.

OK I missed the point that the mods have communicated an interest in taking it over entirely.

The 30th will see one of two things happen. JT will either party hard or be another balcony statistic

I don't think so. Think of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football and Lucy always pulls it away at the last moment. However, Charlie always tries again.

No worries.

I won't be jumping off anything, win or lose.

Why would I do that?

I live in funtown Thailand and still have money in the bank!

The 30th will see one of two things happen. JT will either party hard or be another balcony statistic

I don't think so. Think of Charlie Brown trying to kick the football and Lucy always pulls it away at the last moment. However, Charlie always tries again.

No worries.

Why would I do that?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....................coffee1.gif

No worries.

Why would I do that?

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....................coffee1.gif

Whazza?

You wanna know how much?

Being a "family man" or not a "family man" is totally irrelevant to this contest. To suggest being a "family man" suggests a superior morality is a typical political game of the morally bankrupt to obfuscate actual issues. Tricky Dick Nixon was a family man ... need I go on with a list of millions through history?

At this point in this long drawn out exercise in Performance Theater by POLL, I humbly suggest that the David48 voters do a switcheroo now over to COSTAS.

Costas is the member with MOSTAS in terms of positioning himself for NEXT YEAR'S grand event.

Ahhhh a Jealous Jing Thing.

Being a moralistic family man is David48

Vote David48 - a moralistic family man.

• Like 1

why you keep making fun of him and him religion? that santa claus all about christmas.

FrollyWolly moz45 ... you are starting to overreach .. again.

Every post you've made since joining 2 weeks ago is either on this thread and the one in the Pattaya Forum where JT (no disrespect) is campaigning.

• Like 1

Every post you've made since joining 2 weeks ago is either on this thread and the one in the Pattaya Forum where JT (no disrespect) is campaigning.

From some people, when they say "no disrespect" they mean exactly the OPPOSITE. coffee1.gif

From some people, when they say "no disrespect" they mean exactly the OPPOSITE. coffee1.gif

Or they simply mean 'no disrespect'

• Like 1

I must admit, I do believe that JT is made of stronger stuff then that.

As for Peanuts, I'm a fan ... I know the clip you refer to.

The lesson of trusting someone.

The lesson of, no matter of how much you fail, if you believe you can, then, often over coming adversity ... you can.

JT's upbringing, and I'm only guessing, I'm sure was not 'typical' and he's faced more then his fair share of obstacles on the road to adulthood.

But he doesn't probably need that being discussed at the moment ... nor is it fair to him.

JT's upbringing, and I'm only guessing, I'm sure was not 'typical' and he's faced more then his fair share of obstacles on the road to adulthood.

But he doesn't probably need that being discussed at the moment ... nor is it fair to him.

Yeah, dude, you're all about being fair to me.rolleyes.gif

Every post you've made since joining 2 weeks ago is either on this thread and the one in the Pattaya Forum where JT (no disrespect) is campaigning..

JT, assuming you are referring to me, please ... I say what I mean ... on this, I mean no disrespect to you.

We can disagree on other things, but not this.

Every post you've made since joining 2 weeks ago is either on this thread and the one in the Pattaya Forum where JT (no disrespect) is campaigning..

JT, assuming you are referring to me, please ... I say what I mean ... on this, I mean no disrespect to you.

We can disagree on other things, but not this.

We can disagree on this too.

To expand, saying something, and having people BELIEVE in your sincerity are entirely different things.

Every adult knows that.

Edited by Jingthing

haha. Lot of fun reading this. Some poster need help from doctor cheesy.gif

Last year how many vote winner get? Get more vote than 2014?

Looking at winner now, jingthing is 148 votes. that more or less last year?

somone tell me please?

Last year white bread won but as for numbers can't remember.

• Like 1

You can all be thankful the football is on again tonight. It means you'll hear little of me laugh.png

Early game starts at 7pm. Looking forward to it.

My best friend here supports Southampton.

The g/f is a Chelsea supporter

I'll have to sit on the sidelines for the Southampton v Chelsea game tonight at 9 p.m. facepalm.gif

David48 ......... "I've been cleaning the bedroom, actually washing the walls with sugar soap and an abrasive scrubber to clean and etch them before painting them tomorrow."

David48 is working away while others are enjoying their holiday. Plus the children have been sick.

Being such a wonderful family man he is taking care of so much and not always able to be here.

Vote David48 you know you should.

Sir,

I was reading David's posts in a visa forum. It seems he has been wasting months not preparing his house awaiting the arrival of his beautiful family. No he is running around very disorganised and has neglected his election responsibilities.

Also his lovely wife is the is the person caring for the sick children while he is boozing on with his friends and probably spilling paint on his flooring.

I'm not sure why anyone would vote for David at this stage.

Maybe he should post photographs of his artistry to appease our concerns.

Hehe

Michelangelo will adorn the ceiling tomorrow, so no artistry just yet.

sugar-soap_medium.jpg

BTW ... that Sugarsoap is some mean stuff ... don't be fooled by it's name.

Fresh out of trisodium phosphate eh?[/size]

The stuff is trisodium phosphate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_soap Don't let your kids get close to it, David. It ain't sugar.

in the vote tally it says that 566 votes have being cast but the vote total of the four contestants is 383

Where re the remaining 183 votes?

Members keep changing their votes, 183 times.

i tested that theory by changing my vote several times,but it did not change the total