ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

in the vote tally it says that 566 votes have being cast but the vote total of the four contestants is 383

Where re the remaining 183 votes?

Members keep changing their votes, 183 times.

i tested that theory by changing my vote several times,but it did not change the total

Really??

Well this arouses my suspicions then.

Jingthing does this arouse yours??

Checking in from Swampy. FYI, we got here via BTS, like the common folk, just so we could marvel over the design flaws in the stations. What were they thinking? Perhaps we can take on re-modeling of the BTS stations as a community service project. They are not at all friendly to the handicapped, elderly, those with luggage or all of the above.

Wow....they extended the BTS out to the airport just for you?? ohmy.png

Well OK, maybe that last above ground train we rode wasn't operated by the BTS but by some other agency, but that's part of the problem isn't it?

The lack of consideration given to the mobility needs of the handicapped and elderly is a major problem in Thailand. And it doesn't help when multiple agencies are tasked with handling public transportation in the city.

Vote for NancyL and she'll solve the mass transit problem in Bangkok (after she fixes Chiang Mai!)

in the vote tally it says that 566 votes have being cast but the vote total of the four contestants is 383

i tested that theory by changing my vote several times,but it did not change the total

Again, it is caused by the members who voted and then their candidate was deleted. They have not voted again.

JT's upbringing, and I'm only guessing, I'm sure was not 'typical' and he's faced more then his fair share of obstacles on the road to adulthood.

But he doesn't probably need that being discussed at the moment ... nor is it fair to him.

Yeah, dude, you're all about being fair to me.rolleyes.gif

Let me see if I can breath a little levity and joy into this, almost lead weighted thread.

The Boys have a wee bit of fun.

The PC brigade will go nuts ... but I don't care.

Having some fun ... with a small temper tantrum at the end when it finished.

Enjoy watching it ... I did.

Complaints are 3rd floor, second door on the right.

Did you get your painting done David?

None of the nominates are helping is the VISA section.... for a website called ThaiVISA, where users primary come for VISA, during the biggest VISA crackdown ever known in the country...coffee1.gif

If nonsensical was a poll that would be it.

Edited by Kitsune

OK, now to show off some real riding skills, I'd like to present a one of Mr. Bitey's heros -- Max the Roomba Cat. I believe this video ties together some important themes from this thread. Cats with teeth, ducks, and what I think is the cat-sized model of the TGAU.

• Like 2

None of the nominates are helping is the VISA section.... for a website called ThaiVISA, where users primary come for VISA, during the biggest VISA crackdown ever known in the country...coffee1.gif

Actually Jingthing and NancyL do post from time-to-time in the VISA section. The heavy lifting in that forum is from the moderators, who are not able to participate in this contest.

• Like 1

Oh it's so nice to be home and back with my big, honking HP laptop with the lightening fast Nvidia graphics card. The machine is so hot I have to keep it on a fan cooler pad. It's also eight years old and and since computer years are like dog years, it will die at any moment. But I love it!

Now I can really download stuff. Stand back.

Again, it is caused by the members who voted and then their candidate was deleted. They have not voted again.

Noo , that makes way too much sense to be right, I suspect more nefarious and sinister forces at work here

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I suggest a new rule be added to the poll to make it more exciting.

Any of the candidates can decide at any point to donate his received votes to any of the other candidates.

What you think Smokie

I hope that he thinks it is ridiculous, because it is. The person who gets the most votes from individual members should be the winner, just like always. Changing the rules every time that Jingthing pulls ahead is not fair.

I think last time they changed the rules JT was lagging.

I suggest a new rule be added to the poll to make it more exciting.

Any of the candidates can decide at any point to donate his received votes to any of the other candidates.

What you think Smokie

Not happening.

Each member casts his or her own vote.

Also where a poster is sitting in front of their laptop has no bearing on this contest.

But a candidate still can decide to drop out if he know he will not win the contest anyway, same as you forced other members to drop out previously ?

So if he does this in time people can still vote for the candidates left, it will make some 50 votes re-available.

Actually Jingthing and NancyL do post from time-to-time in the VISA section. The heavy lifting in that forum is from the moderators, who are not able to participate in this contest.

I'm not talking of heavy lifting and you know it.

How about empathy? sympathy? emotional support? in this holiday sharing time of the year when dozens of us are being humiliated, treated like criminals and generally refused fair treatment just because rules have changed.

When they do their job to share their experience all they get here is contempt or "I told you treatment" .

• Like 1

Wrong aagain, because there have more than 200 voters been added since the previous clean up, but not 200 votes added.

• Like 1

How about empathy? sympathy? emotional support? in this holiday sharing time of the year when dozens of us are being humiliated, treated like criminals and generally refused fair treatment just because rules have changed.

When they do their job to share their experience all they get here is contempt or "I told you treatment" .

++++ Crazy lady alert. ++++

Can I make it clear here and now, that my voting team, WHO, would have come to the fore on the 30th of December are now suicidal seeing their mentor TORN away from the list of candidates for Poster of the Year without NOTICE..............

They are sure favoritism for some is behind this, but not only JT in his daily position... We think mamby pandy stuff has brought out the tearful lovey duvy folk that reach out for a hanky and folk who kneel to an "Iron Lady"....(us Brits have been there rolleyes.gif ).

Us V8 and Harley guys will not forget this, and not cower to Gerbals, twins, soppy ladies or shirt l.............s.

We gear petrol/ heads will return and take out woooooooosies next year..................thumbsup.gif ............smile.png

Checking in from Swampy. FYI, we got here via BTS, like the common folk, just so we could marvel over the design flaws in the stations. What were they thinking? Perhaps we can take on re-modeling of the BTS stations as a community service project. They are not at all friendly to the handicapped, elderly, those with luggage or all of the above.

Wow....they extended the BTS out to the airport just for you?? ohmy.png

Well OK, maybe that last above ground train we rode wasn't operated by the BTS but by some other agency, but that's part of the problem isn't it?

The lack of consideration given to the mobility needs of the handicapped and elderly is a major problem in Thailand. And it doesn't help when multiple agencies are tasked with handling public transportation in the city.

Vote for NancyL and she'll solve the mass transit problem in Bangkok (after she fixes Chiang Mai!)

More false promises from CM. Are you going solve the rice scam to?

• Like 1

Have you heard of the spirit of Christmas?

It's time to be kind to one another.

• Like 1

Kitsume, have any of the four candidates personally made posts that indicate a less than compassionate attitude to those who have fallen victim to the changes in the the visa rules? I really don't think I have. What about the other three candidates?

• Like 1

Have you heard of the spirit of Christmas?

It's time to be kind to one another.

When you stop whining, you'll find I'm one of the kindest people around, year around.

Can I make it clear here and now, that my voting team, WHO, would have come to the fore on the 30th of December are now suicidal seeing their mentor TORN away from the list of candidates for Poster of the Year without NOTICE..............

They are sure favoritism for some is behind this, but not only JT in his daily position... We think mamby pandy stuff has brought out the tearful lovey duvy folk that reach out for a hanky and folk who kneel to an "Iron Lady"....(us Brits have been there rolleyes.gif ).

Us V8 and Harley guys will not forget this, and not cower to Gerbals, twins, soppy ladies or shirt l.............s.

We gear petrol/ heads will return and take out woooooooosies next year..................thumbsup.gif ............smile.png

I don't understand this post at all, but I'm pretty sure it's an insult.

You can all be thankful the football is on again tonight. It means you'll hear little of me laugh.png

Early game starts at 7pm. Looking forward to it.
Luckily I am close to Bumrungrad... I had to have CPR twice during the first half. :o
Lloris saved you again so far.

Would Nancy or JT be a good replacement?

Congratulations to Costas for overtaking David48.clap2.gif

David48 voters -- may I humbly suggest you reject the politics of intolerance (coded with "pro-family" BS rhetoric) and switch your vote on over to the massively tolerant, eccentrically witty, and reportedly super HANSUM MAN -- COSTAS?

(The Member with the Mostas.)

Now if you don't think it is fair for me to associate David48 with that dark flavor of politics, be reminded that I invited him to dissociate himself from it, and he did reply and did not dissociate himself from it. So I think it is fair to make the link that a vote for David48 is a vote for cynically using CODED "pro family" rhetoric to denigrate the morality and worth of those who don't fit a certain mold.

For their sake, don't encourage them, JT. No-one leaves The Family

he say to you many time he not do christmas with his religion.

why you keep making fun of him and him religion? that santa claus all about christmas.

This is stalking yes? Moderaters!! why david48 always stalking that jingthing!

FrollyWolly moz45 ... you are starting to overreach .. again.

Every post you've made since joining 2 weeks ago is either on this thread and the one in the Pattaya Forum where JT (no disrespect) is campaigning.

From some people, when they say "no disrespect" they mean exactly the OPPOSITE. coffee1.gif
Some people are worse than Scousers for taking offence where none was offered

SC

• Like 1

Hubby and I are back in Chiang Mai now. Our little trip to Bangkok didn't help the vote count. It seems I'm down a couple votes since leaving five days ago. So much for the goal of picking up votes in Bangkok. Well, the trip had already been set before I knew I'd be in this contest. Now I'm back in CM and can focus on my base.

Came home to several pleasant surprises. First off -- the two Boot's "Pharmacy's" we passed in Swampy actually had my favorite Dr. Scholl's Gel Bunion Cushions. I've been looking at every Boot's in Chiang Mai and all over Bangkok for them. I was on my last bunion cushion. They only last about 2-3 weeks before they fail. You guys have no clue what we older women go thru. I found three each at two Boots stores in Swampy. Oh Happy Day!

Then when we returned to our condo, we found the couple who had taken care of Mr. Bitey had left their Christmas turkey bones in our refrigerator. They'd mentioned this in an email. Something about the bones from a 12 kilo Butterball, but I thought they had to be mistaken, the biggest Butterball found in CM for Thanksgiving was something like 5 kilos. I thought maybe they meant 12 pounds. But once I inspected the carcass in the refeer, it was indeed a 12 kilo bird. I divided it into three ziplocs for future batches of turkey broth, and popped the bones into the freezer like some sort of serial killer. Oh yum. Turkey broth is way better than chicken broth.

I'm a happy camper.post-68373-0-67832200-1419774962_thumb.j

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

OK I have spent my enough of my time with this never ending campaign. Let's examine the facts shall we?

JT wants (it all) whatever it costs

Costas is in agreement with everything as long as he wins

Nancy is living in another world from the rest of us

David ? He is just trying to carry on. Being good as you would call it.

Surely the character is about the winner?

There's only one winner in my book.