ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Dirty politics or not....the contest is boring......time for vote manipulation in the last few hours to get some tension back...good for JT to sweat it out....loosing some weight....

He's lost half his weight already, as he posted in this very thread - a mere shadow of his former self.

I think self-detonating posts would bring back some of the tension to this thread... Perhaps something for the technical boys to look at

Man, this campaign this year is dirty politics.

Speaking with real authority there. thumbsup.gif

JT, speak with any authority you feel is fit.

Had you not campaigned ... and thus, started the avalanche ... we wouldn't be in this mess.

If you are accusing me ... please provide any examples on my 'dirty politics'.

Just show the posts of mine ... don't make ambiguous accusations ... they hold water like a bucket with no bottom.

Otherwise, retract the comment and dutifully apologise.

Come on moz45 ... make the allegations that you made in your recent PM to me ...

Take it as a challenge ...

Share it with all the Forum.

Man, this campaign this year is dirty politics.

wats the pm allagations mean???

Presidential campaign! clap2.gifclap2.gif you start november. always like to say other posters bad for doing an you #1 for make the campaign dirt!!!

like i says. whambams an you an galylippers an geronimo all be campaign and only you can come 4th!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Soooo close to the title and the tacos......can anyone stop him???

Time to move this joint into POSITIVE talking mode.

Enough with the mud slingin' and stuff.

If you've got a pitch for your man or woman, how about talking them UP thumbsup.gif instead of trying to pull others down?crying.gif

This self serving message brought to you by Fritzie and Buzzcuddles.xpost-37101-0-36544900-1419734822_thumb.

You can't be questioning my impartiality?

I want it known that I have an equal scorn for all four of you.

Ah what the hell....I loves you all! :D

• Like 1

Anyway, this now is getting a little hot and heavy to qualify as "a bit of fun" innit?

So some lightening up from official mascots, Fritzie and Buzzcuddles to soften the mood?

xpost-37101-0-36544900-1419734822_thumb.

Please, JT, can you post some new photos of the mascots, please? This photo doesn't really flatter the one on the right.

Stop Press. David48 has just resurrected a more than one month old thread of his on the Plants Pets and Vets forum about his dog dying. Could this be his final throw of the dice!

he making his dog dying for win the election? what u meaning??

Of course i'm not suggesting that, he started that thread long before the POTY thread started, and it had clearly ran it's course more two weeks ago. I'm sure that it is just a coincidence that a few hours before polling stations close he chose to resurrect it.rolleyes.gif

Had a very pleasant day for our youngest's 6th birthday today.

So now it's time to check into TV and see how the children are doing... :)

Just noticed JingThing has a little blue star next to his name. Could it be that congratulations are already in order, and the pre-agreed results announced early?

Cheers

Fletch :)

• Like 1

Stop Press. David48 has just resurrected a more than one month old thread of his on the Plants Pets and Vets forum about his dog dying. Could this be his final throw of the dice!

Of course i'm not suggesting that, he started that thread long before the POTY thread started, and it had clearly ran it's course more two weeks ago. I'm sure that it is just a coincidence that a few hours before polling stations close he chose to resurrect it.rolleyes.gif

I made a comment there because of two reasons.

Personally, I wanted to revisit a time when things actually meant something as opposed to Restaurant reviews.

Plus Patsy made the last comment and she stated not that long ago on this thread, just how many cats she had.

Anyone and everyone with an open mind is welcome to read it it ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/779545-i-lost-a-friend-recently-moo-mate-you-are-missed/ ... just another example of the dirty politics being dredged up.

Did Exsexyman take the time to post in the original thread? Of course ... the answer is a firm NO.

But he feels the compulsion to comment now.

Not had time to see what's going on today in this dramatic dance to the line.

Looks like JT may get his wish to be Poll Lady.

Only something of a Devine intervention can stop him from his ultimate wet dream.

Speaking of restaurant reviews, here's one I did this year that really took a lot of effort.

All wasted because the restaurant opened and closed within weeks!

So you never know til you know.

That said, fair minded people know that indeed I am very passionate about food and restaurants, that is only one of my online interests here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/763181-ta-hai-brings-authentic-chinese-food-to-jomtien-chaiyapruek/?hl=+sechuan

It's hilarious that a special one from the "opposition" is trying to make doing restaurant reviews some kind of slur. Remember the Thai PM who got sunk for doing a cooking show?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Anyway, this now is getting a little hot and heavy to qualify as "a bit of fun" innit?

So some lightening up from official mascots, Fritzie and Buzzcuddles to soften the mood?

xpost-37101-0-36544900-1419734822_thumb.

Please, JT, can you post some new photos of the mascots, please? This photo doesn't really flatter the one on the right.
That's a woman's touch, that is. Too diplomatic to call a dog a dog.
  • Like 1

Only something of a Devine intervention can stop him from his ultimate wet dream.

This contest is not related to any potential future questions about Poll Lordship.

Just so you know, I am a dude.

I made a comment there because of two reasons.

Personally, I wanted to revisit a time when things actually meant something as opposed to Restaurant reviews.

Plus Patsy made the last comment and she stated not that long ago on this thread, just how many cats she had.

Anyone and everyone with an open mind is welcome to read it it ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/779545-i-lost-a-friend-recently-moo-mate-you-are-missed/ ... just another example of the dirty politics being dredged up.

Did Exsexyman take the time to post in the original thread? Of course ... the answer is a firm NO.

But he feels the compulsion to comment now.

Some of us can't help succumbing to our compulsions. And to be honest, with the interest that this thread has garnered,

I can't help feeling that this would be a good place to express my wish that M. Thierry Alibert would return to Superleague, even if only as a video referee. Maybe he will... There's no point speculating ("noone awll , Allan")...

• Like 1

This contest is not related to any potential future questions about Poll Lordship.

Sorry JT. Must have been predict text, Dude.

And as such, should have no compunction a about dressing up in women's clothing, should the need arise. It's all part of growing up and being... We'll, all part of growing up

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Had a very pleasant day for our youngest's 6th birthday today.

So now it's time to check into TV and see how the children are doing... smile.png

Just noticed JingThing has a little blue star next to his name. Could it be that congratulations are already in order, and the pre-agreed results announced early?

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

That little blue star just shows who YOU voted for

Ah, so you went for the direct "semantic meaning" (and assuming that I really had "just noticed" the blue star) rather than the subtler "pragmatic/ inferred meaning" which works on other level(s) ... Thank you for your kind consideration anyway, Charlie.

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile
  • Like 1

At this stage in the conversation some maybe questioning ... OMG ... why does David48 go so hard at Jingthing?

If some members are left who have an open mind to the facts ... this is why.

JT and I don't agree on many things ... nothing wrong with that ... diversity and originality in thinking is an attribute to be admired ... not derided.

So JT and I often cross swords.

<deleted>

JT is good for the Forum ... he brings a perspective and a post count, second to none ... I fully acknowledge that.

But also acknowledge that quantity and quality are different things.

Tis now 1.40am here in Australia, time for some shut eye.

Thanks to WhamBam and geronimo ... you guys were beyond reproach. Definitely a dynamic duo ... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

WhamBam ... I hope your Lassie is on the mend.

geronimo ... did you catch anything today fishing?

And NO ... neither of them are me, both members are not from my birth country and yes, both live in Thailand.

To Nancy and Costas ... assuming you don't win ... congratulations in taking part.

Specifically to Costas ... well done 'ole son. I hope to share a beer with you one day soon.

To JT ... despite the above, well done (I presume) on winning the comp this year.

You have been unwavering on just how much it meant to you and that winning a POTY will be a defining moment in your life.

I'm sure I'll read your acceptance speech in the morning.

You have run a good campaign ... thumbsup.gif

My only comment is ... why does there have to be campaigning at all?

To those who voted for me ... my warmest thanks ... wai.gif

To those who got culled ... a call goes out to you. trans .. I know that especially hit home.

Auntie Patsy ... you deserve special mention ... maybe the Boys will one day go skiing in Europe. Maybe, one day you will meet them in Thailand .. or make the big swim to Australia. There is always a pillow for you at our place.

Mr Smokie ... well done again this year. Maybe a few tweaks for next year ... and there will be a next year.

If I missed anyone ... apologies ... it's way late here.

In a months time I hope to be back with my Family in Thailand.

For me ... that's what it is all about.

A liking for Thailand and a love of Family.

Not nice, David. Isn't it against the rules to divulge the contents of a PM in the open forum? I'm copying it to make a record of it.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 2