ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

You mean we'll get to see the real JT?

It's not like he usually hides it. The annual ThaiVisa Poster of the Year is a special occasion.

UG, I want to thank you for your obviously very sincere support. We are political opponents on so many issues and have sparred on many of them for years, but deep down I know you are a great guy, and I think you realize I am not so bad either.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Honestly, I really hope this JT thing holds. He's been robbed so many times before. The guy really finally deserves some credit for being the single most consistent contributor on this forum for so many years. You go JT!

I wouldn't go as far as to say the "single". There are a few, some didn't get nominated. But yes, he does deserve it.

I challenge anyone to name another poster who has started so many original post of so many diverse topics. Sure there are many witty posters who simply respond, but in terms of actually thinking up new stuff to post, he is in a class by himself.

Well keemapoot ... Jingthing was asked by no less then 3 members to furnish a list of his OP's for this past 12 months which he thought were of good quality ... he declined on each occasion.

But I suppose 'Restaurant Reviews' and 'why I'm Fat ... yes, it's because of my gut bacteria' are the subjects of fine digestion for you then ... sure JT is top of the pops.

David48 is clearly and very unfairly going for the jugular in a very unseemly way.

I saw that coming a mile away.

I trust fair minded posters who know my rich and diverse posting history, this year and yes for many years back will see through that kind of unpleasant noise.

Such a list is available to any and all and always has been.

For me and any poster.

Here is how:

Go to the profile of any user

Click Find Content

From there you have three view choices:

Then you can see their entire history however you like.

Yes, I admit it, I've got a BIG ONE. giggle.gif

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

David, a Latin term springs to mind "Res Ipsa Loquitur," and for those of you who didn't study the classics or law, here is the translation: JT's record speaks for itself, it doesn't need proffers of sufficient evidence. Anyone can realize these truths.

• Like 2

David, a Latin term springs to mind "Res Ipsa Loquitur," and for those of you who didn't study the classics or law, here is the translation: JT's record speaks for itself, it doesn't need proffers of sufficient evidence. Anyone can realize these truths.

Thank you. Exactly spot on.

Anyway, this now is getting a little hot and heavy to qualify as "a bit of fun" innit?

So some lightening up from official mascots, Fritzie and Buzzcuddles to soften the mood?

xpost-37101-0-36544900-1419734822_thumb.

First it was fat jokes......

Now this..... Rodent pictures.

For God sake..... Please no TGAU pictures in operation !

• Like 1

That brings up something I really am proud of.

In recent years I have managed to lose over 50 pounds and kept it off long term.

Recently down at the laundry they charged me the lower (non "big farang") price on my shirts for the first time!

Life is good!

Now JT, that is something to be proud of, I am not going to tell you how that relates to my weight, but several years ago when I was very ill for a prolonged amount of time 50lbs would have equated to just under half my weight.

In the heat of Thailand that must have made a great deal of difference to you

I trust fair minded posters who know my rich and diverse posting history, this year and yes for many years back will see through that kind of unpleasant noise.

Such a list is available to any and all and always has been.

For me and any poster.

JT, some warmly appreciate that opportunity.

Now ... lets have a wee peek ...

In order from that list ...

# 00 ... started tonight ... sucking up to the Mods ... deleted

# 01 ... failed-expats-and-the-lies-they-tell-others-and-themselves-as-to-why ... universally derided by almost everyone who posted in it.

# 02 ... pattaya-people-please-put-me-over-the-top-as-thaivisa-poster-of-the-year-2014 ... his campaign thread

# 03 ... the-very-first-time-you-had-thai-food-tell-us-all-about-it-if-you-remember

# 04 ... top-10-foods-that-americans-miss-while-abroad

# 05 ... the-hit-and-run-restaurant-review-thread

# 06 ... questioning-the-existence-of-historical-jesus

# 07 ... what-was-in-the-most-recent-sandwich-you-ate-in-thailand

# 08 ... poll-are-you-getting-your-fair-share-of-yummy-nuts-everyday

# 09 ... movies-currently-playing-in-cinemas-in-thailand ... which is a copy thread of another member in that forum.

# 10 ... seriously-fascinating-article-about-gut-bacteria-link-to-obesity

The balance ... well, most of them are about food.

JT ... you've run a great campaign ... no doubting that.

2014 Food Poster of the Year ... agreed ... none of us could hold a sandwich to that.

So ... keemapoot ... you are correct ... "Res Ipsa Loquitur," ... 'JT's record speaks for itself'

Thanks JT for the invitation.

• Like 1

Anyway, this now is getting a little hot and heavy to qualify as "a bit of fun" innit?

So some lightening up from official mascots, Fritzie and Buzzcuddles to soften the mood?

xpost-37101-0-36544900-1419734822_thumb.

First it was fat jokes......

Now this..... Rodent pictures.

For God sake..... Please no TGAU pictures in operation !

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis that JT.......................w00t.gif

• Like 1

For people who have not actually read many of my threads and posts over the years you are welcome to browse the many many pages of topics and posts and see a more accurate picture of the very diverse range of topics (threads and posts). Highlights and lowlights, warts and all, it's all there, no cherry picking. I'm sure over the course of a year it is NOT TRUE that "most" of my original topics are about food. I am happy to have posted about food and restaurants of course, but to characterize that as mostly what I am about is obviously misinformation (with the motivation obvious as well).

Again to see the BIGGER PICTURE:

Here is how:

Go to the profile of any user

Click Find Content

From there you have three view choices:

Then you can see their entire history however you like.

Speaking of food related threads there is one that David48 happened to catch on his random recent list that I am indeed really proud of.

It was started in 2012 and has over 30 pages of replies.

I think it was kind of a new concept in sharing restaurant info in Pattaya, it still lives, and hopefully it will go on and on and on.

I invite people in other expat cities to directly COPY the concept.

Good chance if it can work in Pattaya, it can work anywhere:

This is a new concept in restaurant review threads. I hope y'all enjoy it and participate. Pattaya I think is a better food city than many people know or think. Time to spread the word, in a short and sweet way.

Suggested Guidelines:

Make it short! (and sweet)
Emphasis on reasonably priced restaurants! (most of us are not made of money)
Emphasis on less than famous restaurants! (most of have heard of the Sizzler)
Emphasis on new "discoveries" to you, not necessarily new restaurants! (if its new to you, it may be new to us too)
Emphasis on places with at least some good dishes! (seeking pleasure here, not pain)
Emphasis on places that offer something a little bit "different"! (green curry isn't different)
Include a link if you like! (this is the internet after all)
Try to indicate location! (location, location)

So the idea here is a running thread with perhaps "twitter-like" quick HIT and RUN reviews on a variety of places you've experienced and would like to share. As opposed to threads about one restaurant, or threads on one food type like pizza.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/608166-the-hit-and-run-restaurant-review-thread/

Edited by Jingthing

JT, you're almost there. I hope you really enjoy it. People may mock the triviality of POTY, but Thai Visa is a massive forum and very busy. Just to be nominated year after year is significant, and you are usually a front runner. Very few people are able to pull something like this off. It aint easy to win this thing, and you can't do it on purpose. You have to be the Poster of the Year.

And seriously I have never seen anybody hold their composure so well despite an endless barrage of sexual innuendo and jokes in very poor taste.

I hope when I wake up tomorrow it will be the Year of the Thing. The Jingthing.

The Thing? As in Quatermass? We'll remember - we heard it here first. First it was a plague of zombies spilling off the stages of Nana Plaza, next, the J-Thing takes power on TV through inter-wibble mind control of the plebiscite... If only people would listen, look about them and see the horrors before their very eyes...

JT, you're almost there. I hope you really enjoy it. People may mock the triviality of POTY, but Thai Visa is a massive forum and very busy. Just to be nominated year after year is significant, and you are usually a front runner. Very few people are able to pull something like this off. It aint easy to win this thing, and you can't do it on purpose. You have to be the Poster of the Year.

And seriously I have never seen anybody hold their composure so well despite an endless barrage of sexual innuendo and jokes in very poor taste.

I hope when I wake up tomorrow it will be the Year of the Thing. The Jingthing.

The Thing? As in Quatermass? We'll remember - we heard it here first. First it was a plague of zombies spilling off the stages of Nana Plaza, next, the J-Thing takes power on TV through inter-wibble mind control of the plebiscite... If only people would listen, look about them and see the horrors before their very eyes...

The Thing?

Sure y'all didn't mean the THANG?!?

post-37101-0-67074500-1419948542_thumb.j

Yes, it's true I know a thing or two about the DIRTY SOUTH.

post-37101-0-06207300-1419948988_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Soooo close to the title and the tacos......can anyone stop him???

Time to move this joint into POSITIVE talking mode.

Enough with the mud slingin' and stuff.

If you've got a pitch for your man or woman, how about talking them UP thumbsup.gif instead of trying to pull others down?crying.gif

This self serving message brought to you by Fritzie and Buzzcuddles.xpost-37101-0-36544900-1419734822_thumb.

Edited by Jingthing

I'd go for the foam mattress. Supposedly they memorise your body shape while you sleep. Thus leading to a perfect night's sleep.

So, basically, you are not thrashing around on a horrible hard mattress.

I tell you I bought into that whole foam deal when they first came out in the USA

Very pricey at about the equivalent of 45,000 baht

I hated it!

Felt good to fall asleep on it & you do not feel your wife...or who ever move about like

a regular mattress BUT..............If your the type that rolls over during the night...don't we all?

Well that body shaping memory deal holds your clothes while you spin in them.....

The result being your shorts & tank top or what ever your wearing is wrapped around you

like someone is wringing you out 555

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Maybe the wheels on the bus will come off at the last minute

"Them Cherokees is after me

But Ah'm still rollin' along"

Who can tell?

What would Frank Underwood do now?

attachicon.giftenpowerpackedsuccesslessonsfromfrancisunderwoodinthehouseofcards3_1405084595.jpg

ha ha ha. maybes the whambams have more names we not knows about! facepalm.gif

he back with all the whambams voting david488 to winner! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Maybe the wheels on the bus will come off at the last minute

"Them Cherokees is after me

But Ah'm still rollin' along"

Who can tell?

What would Frank Underwood do now?

attachicon.giftenpowerpackedsuccesslessonsfromfrancisunderwoodinthehouseofcards3_1405084595.jpg

ha ha ha. maybes the whambams have more names we not knows about! facepalm.gif

he back with all the whambams voting david488 to winner! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Come on moz45 ... make the allegations that you made in your recent PM to me ...

Take it as a challenge ...

Share it with all the Forum.

Man, this campaign this year is dirty politics.

Stop Press. David48 has just resurrected a more than one month old thread of his on the Plants Pets and Vets forum about his dog dying. Could this be his final throw of the dice!

he making his dog dying for win the election? what u meaning??