ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

It would be so much more interesting if the lead contenders, NancyL, Costas2008 and Jingthing decided to participate in the conversation.

This is a call out to you guys ... drop on by, stay a while.

David, I have a better suggestion.

Lets have a televised debate, so millions of people can appreciate and decide who to vote for.

I'm sure, I'll come out as a star.

As a controller of the debate, I nominate Mr Neverdie and Mr Toad.

Agree?

Sounds a Sterling Idea.

Costas, go rustle up Nancy and JT

Let's get it started ... thumbsup.gif

All too boring lets liven it up by them being naked and one of them holding a live hand grenade with the pin pulled out and playing pass the parcel..................it is Christmas so party games are in order!w00t.gif

Costas, what is TGAU standing for ?

I promise, I will establish Greek as the official TVF language, all posts in other languages will be deleted.

I promise a free box of Kleenex tissues to all cheated, abused by their Thai wives or over stayers on this forum.

I promise a free TGAU (previously tested by Mr Soutpeel) to every member to enhance your pleasure in life.

Sorry, sorry I haven't had much time today to do campaigning. Busy day. First, I tried to get numbers together for the CM Expats Club holiday party -- still time to let me know if you're coming for your discounted price for tickets!

Then responded to emails from people interested in retiring to Chiang Mai, answering questions about what it's like to live here.

Then trotted thru Thai Visa and made a few response -- maybe you missed this one: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785606-when-a-farang-dies-in-thailand-what-is-the-procedure-for-burial/ Sorry, there were posts a little more pressing than campaigning.

A quick consult with a foreigner in Suan Dok hospital who was a victim of a purse snatching. You know, the snatchers don't care if you're over age 60, fall to the ground and break a few ribs when they snatch your bag. Normally, I don't get involved in crimes against tourists, but she's a new arrival who planned to retire here and thought it was a safe place to live. Needless to say, she's a little freaked out.

Then Hubby and I went to an inter-city Rotary meeting with leaders from the Thai Rotary clubs where we discussed ways to help the refugee camps along the border with Burma. Oh and we went out to Huag Tung Tao reservoir and water some trees we'd planted a few weeks ago.

After that Hubby went home to take a nap and I went to a church service at All Saints Chiang Mai where I did one of the readings of the lessons for their Christmas service. It was a beautiful service with many traditional carols. I'm glad to see this little congregation really taking off.

I got home about 7 pm -- just in time to fix dinner for Hubby. But now he's gone to bed and I'm all yours!

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Ive had it with this nonsense! I'm writing-in a vote for soutpeel ~! theres no way the choices should be so limited!

I would certainly have voted for Soutpeel, he has a strong following in The Digital Do As You Likey community.

Not sure who he has endorsed though - I think he fell out with Costas after the Zuma incident.

Anyone who buys me dinner at Zuma will win the contest.

I can sense it. :o

Was I supposed to buy you dinner in order to get on the list?

Or did you leave me off for some other reason?

I didn't see the gift vouchers for Paragon in my PM box....?

I'm voting for David now

I don't want to influence things but I did hear David is a better batsman than Costas.

Jingthing looks great in shoulder pads too....but not as good as NancyL.

My dressmaker knows not to make ANYTHING for me without shoulder pads.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=755222514554327&set=vb.527897983953449&type=2&theater

Did you see the video? We had to overcome a lot of doubters just to get the event "off the ground" so to speak. I can't tell you how many people asked if we were going to injure people in dropping golf balls out of a hot air balloon. Duh, no. They don't bounce. They do this type of fund-raising event in the U.S. all time time, only they drop the golf balls from a helicopter -- much higher and potentially more dangerous.

What was a little surprise was that we had some kids from one of the Rotary project standing by to retrieve the balls. They had been briefed and were told they were getting an award for each ball they retrieved and returned. What we hadn't counted on were the other random, unmarked kids standing around. (Like David48's kids, maybe?) So, the moment the balls hit the ground, there was a giant swarm of kids snatching them, like they were chocolates or something. The Rotary club had to re-imburse Gymkhana club for 64 lost golf balls.

Don't worry, the Rotary club honchos guarded the potentially winning balls close to the hole, but the others further away just kind of disappeared.

Edit: Is this what someone said when he mentioned that he voted for UG because he doesn't like to read an entire chapter of my life when he reads my posts?

Edited by NancyL

Nancy hate to break this to you but the average TV poster isn't a member of the Rotary Club or Gymkhana Club and doesn't give a rat's about Burmese refugees because most of them are Bangladeshis anyway.

Looks like JT set you up for a fall.

I hate to break this to you, but we're not all as racist as you are.

Nancy hate to break this to you but the average TV poster isn't a member of the Rotary Club or Gymkhana Club and doesn't give a rat's about Burmese refugees because most of them are Bangladeshis anyway.

Looks like JT set you up for a fall.

I hate to break this to you, but we're not all as racist as you are.

Chucking out time at the Food Court already?

• Like 1

The list of potential candidates for some reason does not include my name. Not sure if

that is an oversight, or my style of acerbic humor is a bit over the top. So since I cannot

vote for myself, guess I will have to cast my vote for AnotherOneAmerican who pretty

much mirrors my point of view in most things.....

And on a side note, instead of being a popularity contest, poster of the year should

be the result of the mathematical ratio of posts to likes. Meaning when you post

your thoughts, how many people like what you wrote. I am currently at 117 %, meaning

the likes for my posts exceed the number of my posts.... Current leader of NancyL is

at 49%....... :-) Wow just saw Costas is at 235 % . Guess I need to dial down

my bitter but insightful humor. :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Sorry, sorry I haven't had much time today to do campaigning. Busy day. First, I tried to get numbers together for the CM Expats Club holiday party -- still time to let me know if you're coming for your discounted price for tickets!

Then responded to emails from people interested in retiring to Chiang Mai, answering questions about what it's like to live here.

Then trotted thru Thai Visa and made a few response -- maybe you missed this one: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785606-when-a-farang-dies-in-thailand-what-is-the-procedure-for-burial/ Sorry, there were posts a little more pressing than campaigning.

A quick consult with a foreigner in Suan Dok hospital who was a victim of a purse snatching. You know, the snatchers don't care if you're over age 60, fall to the ground and break a few ribs when they snatch your bag. Normally, I don't get involved in crimes against tourists, but she's a new arrival who planned to retire here and thought it was a safe place to live. Needless to say, she's a little freaked out.

Then Hubby and I went to an inter-city Rotary meeting with leaders from the Thai Rotary clubs where we discussed ways to help the refugee camps along the border with Burma. Oh and we went out to Huag Tung Tao reservoir and water some trees we'd planted a few weeks ago.

After that Hubby went home to take a nap and I went to a church service at All Saints Chiang Mai where I did one of the readings of the lessons for their Christmas service. It was a beautiful service with many traditional carols. I'm glad to see this little congregation really taking off.

I got home about 7 pm -- just in time to fix dinner for Hubby. But now he's gone to bed and I'm all yours!

Now there is a script writer!

• Like 1

A campaign update ........

Neverdie is already demanding a recount, Weegee is still on the fence, UlyssesG is quietly smug. Jingthing is in intellectual ICU (Nancy is organising a blood transfusion), Frollywolly is over the moon and Mr. Toad is unemployed. Dancealot is at the disco, Somrisonphimai is at the hairdressers and Transam is under the hood of a Ford Wildtrak trying to retrieve his 3/4 spanner.

The text size downsizing is deliberate and reflects the unimportance of the said candidates.

Costas is singing and throwing plates at the fireplace while David48 is preparing to unleash his twins on the rest of the gang!

Nancy? She is deciding what to wear at the inauguration ceremony!!!!!!

More to follow ........

• Like 2

The EC have just informed me that Nancy is being investigated for underhand attempts at dragging down David's moral status. Her PR camp are making no comment.

Meanwhile David's twins are preparing to attack Nancy's four year old!

I see David has bitten at last! Costas got another vote!

Mate, my skin is thicker then a Rhinos.

But play with the kids or MissFarmGirl ... the hairs start to bristle, adrenaline starts to flow and that look comes to the eyes.

I'm sure Nancy won't try that low ball trick again ... dry.png

Edited by David48