ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't know Nancy L from Nancy Sinatra, but am wondering if her comments would be turned into a character issue if she was a man? Is a double-standard being applied here?

I also don't think labelling Costas "a frivolous poster" is fair either. He has contributed enormously to the spirit and sense of comraderie and community on TVF, the value of which should not be discounted at all.

Edited by Gecko123

I don't know Nancy L from Nancy Sinatra, but am wondering if her comments would be turned into a character issue if she was a man? Is a double-standard being applied here?

I also don't think labelling Costas "a frivolous poster" is fair either. He has contributed enormously to the spirit and sense of comraderie and community on TVF, the value of which should not be discounted at all.

He's contributed enormously to the sense of there being a closed clique with their own shared in jokes and references, treating the forum like their little clubhouse whilst making anyone they don't like feel unwelcome. I wouldn't call that community.

• Like 2

Seems a touch unfair to just disregard a few nominations though, doesn't it?

I don't know, I'm not smokie.

But I did note that there were 18 or 20 Candidates and having run polls before, I'm fairly sure that is close to the maximum number of choices for 1 page.

If the Poll goes to two pages it gets really messy with the voting and you have to record a null vote on one page and then vote for the member you want on the other page. It was tried one year and that year, everyone complained that it was to complicated.

Sometimes its just best to keep it simple.

It's nothing nefarious ... that's just not smokie's go.

Seems a touch unfair to just disregard a few nominations though, doesn't it?

I don't know, I'm not smokie.

But I did note that there were 18 or 20 Candidates and having run polls before, I'm fairly sure that is close to the maximum number of choices for 1 page.

If the Poll goes to two pages it gets really messy with the voting and you have to record a null vote on one page and then vote for the member you want on the other page. It was tried one year and that year, everyone complained that it was to complicated.

Sometimes its just best to keep it simple.

It's nothing nefarious ... that's just not smokie's go.

so be a good guy and ask to have your name removed and make room for someone outside the "group".

I got a "gold star" sticker on my wrist in grade 1 for spelling "donkey" correctly.

A TVF nomination is of similar standing.

Not exactly a life-time achievement.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered to remember #^&^%$#, who was nominated as poster of the year on ThaiVisa Forum"

intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxNblz

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

clap2.gifsad.pngclap2.gif

Edited by sipi
  • Like 1

Amazing that people are getting so upset about it, does it in the grand scheme of things really matter?

This has in the past been a bit of a laugh, last night it turned nasty and now the usual whingers are out moaning, about the nominations not being fair. Really couldn't make it up

Agreed, there are a few posters that I would have considered voting for like RGS or Soutpeel, but they weren't nominated. I'm sure they don't give a toss either.

Your mates got nominated, so everything's fine. This is your forum, after all...

• Like 1

Yeah I read that the airst time. It doesn't really address my point.

SB ... I understand your point ... just don't know how to explain it any differently ... apologies.

I get that poll numbers are limited. What i don't get is arbitrarily ignoring some people's nominations without explanation or apology.

SB ... I understand your point ... just don't know how to explain it any differently ... apologies.

I get that poll numbers are limited. What i don't get is arbitrarily ignoring some people's nominations without explanation or apology.

okay, out with it. who would you like to see on the list that youd vote for?

okay, out with it. who would you like to see on the list that youd vote for?

I voted already, thanks.

Is this official ?

Who is authorized to name the nominees. I haven't heard of half of them and 1/4 of them are certainly not what I consider good posters.

Seems like it just one of the little cliques on this forum nominating each other, mostly being on the general forum.

What about :-

rgs2001uk

aYg

tgeezer

bkkjames

bluespunk

winniethekwai

Thaiatheart

rubl

samran

streetcowboy

sunshine51

I could name many more.

The topic was opened originally in 'The Pub' where some were nominated. The topic was open long enough for people to make nominations.

Yes there are many other good posters and we have said so, but if there names were not put forward, that is not the fault of those listed.

OK, I understand now - so really it should be in the Pub now and should be called TV Pub poster of the year.

• Like 2

Amazing that people are getting so upset about it, does it in the grand scheme of things really matter?

This has in the past been a bit of a laugh, last night it turned nasty and now the usual whingers are out moaning, about the nominations not being fair. Really couldn't make it up

Agreed, there are a few posters that I would have considered voting for like RGS or Soutpeel, but they weren't nominated. I'm sure they don't give a toss either.

Your mates got nominated, so everything's fine. This is your forum, after all...

Nah ... he gets banned to often ... laugh.png

But also don't think I'm part of any group, I identify and have many more friends in the Farming Forum where I have generated as many OP's as all the other Forums combined.

SB ... I know you are not trying to be disingenuous .. but you are only seeing a snapshot of me.

Farming and Visa forums ... that's my main go ... ask most people.

Meanwhile, back at the Voting ... Vote for David48 ... thumbsup.gif

TV forum is a lot bigger than those who take part in inane Pub topics.

Kinda like a heap of mates sitting in a bar in Nana saying lets vote on the best bar in Bangkok - we'lll ask all the bars in Nana to nominate a bar..

Too late for whingeing now about who is on the list.

Can we not get back to the lighthearted vein this thread has been in?

Vote David48 he is the man who cannot grow carrots.

It's not too late for an explanation and apology.

Apology to whom?

All those not listed or to you?

The idea of apologies sounds ridiculous to me.

No more talking about kids or pictures of the same ilk please on this thread.

Yes yhey are adorable but let's get to grips with the Rotary Club and David's inability to grow carrots.

Where is the late run going to come from?

I say vote Todd Weston

....he will still be able to give a speech inebriated!

Well, I was planning a late run, but then you left me out of the list despite being nominated...

You have my sympathies SoiBiker.

An oversight on my part....did the list while I was in the lounge at Amman....the free bar may have played its part.....:o

• Like 1