ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

I read the entire TGAU thread in the Farang Pub forum and realized a group of guys in July had a very good time. Cute, nice and not at all mean to each other. Well done.

What I've realized is that there are several very different universes operating here on Thai Visa. There's the Very Serious Forums like the Visa and Health forums where Important Information is dispensed and even lives are saved. There are the local forums where the Very Serious topics like the best hamburger in town are debated. There are the news forums, etc. I'm even more in awe of the power of Thai Visa after reading that thread. As I said, well done. You kept it civil, light and fun and at times mostly clever.

Now, what I don't understand is why there are some posters (not many, thankfully) who came across as nice and civil on that thread who cross over into forums where I post and seem to delight in goading an old lady with a sharp stick and turning certain threads into blood sport? You know you are. I'll probably get into trouble if I name names, and I don't want to start sounding as paranoid as Jingthing is with David, but this really is getting old.

If you guys have any problem with my involvement with CM activities, then why don't you just come to the meetings of those organizations and express your concerns either to the board, the membership or, in the case of one organization with ties to the consulates, go visit the consulates and express your concerns? Why keep bringing up the same "concerns" over and over again on the internet?

There, now could you please put your sharp sticks away. I've asked nicely. Thank you.

• Like 1

Surprised that no one has mentioned it yet........you know the inevitable and classical, often reposted Thai Visa line.......

with all the work that the candidates are putting forth.....

" DO THEY HAVE A WORK PERMIT "

Unpaid for all, unrewarding for most.

To my Team ... you know you are due to be paid in Beer and TESCO Lunches!

Beer? Not Beers ??

Sigh.

Vote for David48 the farmers friend

• Like 2

Now, what I don't understand is why there are some posters (not many, thankfully) who came across as nice and civil on that thread who cross over into forums where I post and seem to delight in goading an old lady with a sharp stick and turning certain threads into blood sport? You know you are. I'll probably get into trouble if I name names, and I don't want to start sounding as paranoid as Jingthing is with David, but this really is getting old.

I am not a religious person, but this quote comes to mind:

"The Jewish imagination is paranoia, confirmed by history,”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/10279886/The-Story-of-the-Jews-BBC-Two-review.html

Anyway ...

Good luck NancyL (smoky cold winds from the North on my tail w00t.gif )

Good luck Costas (maybe next year buddy? remember you are the taramasalata in my pita any day of the weekwub.png )

and don't forget to:

Do the right thing with Jingthing!

Edited by Jingthing

Interesting race now in the Costas vs. David48 matchup!

It's a tie.

Who will prevail in the nether regions?

Costas, please be my friend again.

Ironic or not ... up to you.

I was miffed at you before because you promised to limit me to one post a day if you won. I overreacted.

I've changed my mind about the free toaster.

You know what I mean!

Perhaps this year is not your year ... but you're well on your way to future glories.

Edited by Jingthing

JT there are 4 nore days of this. I believe there will be a shock result

Understood. Believe me, not only am I not overconfident, I have no logical reason to be confident of winning this at all.

But I'll give it the old college dropout try anyway!

What do I have to lose?

My sanity?

Don't answer that please.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

When Costas wins, will we have a YouTube video of him dancing on the podium in his pleated skirt with JT on his knees in supplication?? laugh.png

I'm there if that happens, as I hear he's a hot Silver Daddy, but you know I really hope that might be in some future year instead, pretty please?!?

i can see it now

My imaginary nurse is on call to whisk me away to the hospital with my imaginary health insurance card.

Ive heard Thai electric installations are virtually the same and much cheaper but you might have to check with Crossy?

When Costas wins, will we have a YouTube video of him dancing on the podium in his pleated skirt with JT on his knees in supplication?? laugh.png

I'm there if that happens, as I hear he's a hot Silver Daddy, but you know I really hope that might be in some future year instead, pretty please?!?

You never know, JT., Costas might want an upskirt view when you win (just for comparison purposes, of course - one skirt to another) w00t.gif

• Like 1

If Jingthing wins, it will be a shock result. He has been cheated out of his fondest dream over and over again.

Don't you mean wettest?

• Like 1

I believe TGAU sales are about to rocket

Oh god. Toady's cracked an old man boner because somebody mentioned his favorite in-joke.

Nurse, fetch his medication.

Don't worry SB I have my Nurses on call, and my meds dosetted.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

... I'm STILL the underdog.

Always the underdog.

Bummer.

It would be IDIOTIC for me to be comfortable with this lead. So please do not mock my rational response of facing reality of not feeling secure with such a lead. Of course, at this stage, it appears to be between NancyL and myself (just last night WE WERE TIED) ... but that too has PLENTY of time to swing and SWING BIG.

Anyway:

Do the right thing with Jingthing!

... Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, Mr. Scott. I'm sure it must be difficult to be a Mod for such a challenging thread as this. I'm glad to see severals Mods are taking turns because it has to be fatiguing. I know it is for us candidates with such a marathon campaign.

I hope that the mods consider looking at a candidate's entire posting history throughout her Thai Visa career, not just her sordid performance in this sorry thread in deciding whom to award the title of Miss Congeniality.

Well if you and JingThing are going to tie each other up and have swinger parties of course it's going to get tiring smile.png

Was that last night in Sukhumvit Soi 5 after dinner? I'd heard what allegedly goes down in Sukhumvit Soi 4, but hadn't realised Soi 5 was where the real parties/ "big swinging marathons" went down? Was it one of those elite private parties? Did you invite Naam, as I hear Germans are allegedly big on swinging?

The tabloid press have been relatively quiet in this campaign so far, so I do fear a little for the headlines in tomorrow's TV news section, as the press get a hold:

"Doubtfire and JT caught tied up and swinging in Soi 5, while m*ds take turns"

Risky move, as you could lose a few votes from the rotary club, with a sordid performance, but I'm sure a few of the more open-minded posters will indeed take it into account in addition to just posts.

Anyway great idea of you both to join together introduce a sex scandal into the election - all the best elections have them. Teamwork thumbsup.gif It'll also help with the French and Italian votes smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

You never know, JT., Costas might want an upskirt view when you win (just for comparison purposes, of course - one skirt to another) w00t.gif

Really, anything for the taramasalata in my pita, any day of the week. Sorry to disappoint though, I'm never been into drag.

post-37101-0-01698500-1419673920_thumb.p

Edited by Jingthing

If Jingthing wins, it will be a shock result. He has been cheated out of his fondest dream over and over again.

Ah, such a Burden to Bear, or a Delight to Devour.

The POTY doesn't change.

Some see it as the pinnacle of their life to date ... some see it as their nadir.

I suppose it depends on the individual poster.

Anyway ...

Good luck NancyL (smoky cold winds from the North on my tail w00t.gif )

Good luck Costas (maybe next year buddy? remember you are the taramasalata in my pita any day of the weekwub.png )

No message for me?

Surely some message of encouragement is in order from the Current Poll Leader ... Jingthing.